1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I dont THINK about it. :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I may have developed some Te usage, which is a result from education and work. It's nice to have for such purposes and discussions, amongst things. How much I may or may not use Te, I'm not really worried about. You're never too old to learn. ^^

Reactions: Knight_In_Rags

·
Registered
541 Posts
I try to use Te a lot at school, when we discuss things in groups or I have to explain a concept in class. I shut off my inner voice, who is only talking about what I am feeling, and focus on the topic and how to say it out loud.
That is the way I mostly use Te, I use Ti way less.. usually only when I have to calculate something or I make sodukos. :)

The consequences? hmm.. probably not. I don't think I am aware of it, if I use Te in a unhealthy way. I am usually just excited to just being able to use it, when I get this flow of Te.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am the first person on this planet to have discovered the word balance. Everybody worship me now! Yes you too!

And applying my genius to the question of TE I have concluded that the inferior function is something like a failsafe. Or an anchor. The problem I think is that since my TE is having the same problems like the TE of the ESTJ. In situations where Fi and Ne is overwhelmed and tired and the situation is new. Then TE brings out the claws and goes in fight or flight mode battle to the death.

As a coach I have now observed several ESTJs. And what they have in common is a good work ethic but since everything is important logically they have problems with workload and letting 5 be an even number. They also are not good at intuition. Duh! So if they encounter new situations where they have no direct knowledge of the logic behind it they cannot just use a pattern from somewhere else and apply it to a new situation. (oversimplified) That's similar with our TE on it's own it's like a chicken with the head chopped of. Together with FiNeSi it is a good sanity check.

I mentioned in another thread.
Ne finds a pattern. Fi decides to act on it. Si remembers if this action has been done and what land mines to watch for and TE finally orders the different steps and actions together with NE to get the most efficient path towards going back to daydreaming.

·
Registered
917 Posts
usually when i plan with te i carefully think it all through thne ignore it and do what i feel like:tongue:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think my Te is fairly well developed. Like others have noted, school really helps--specifically, scientific laboratory courses. Writing good lab reports requires conveying what happened in an experiment to something understandable for the reader. This is where being able to logically order information in a sequential manner is very important.

I also think cooking uses Te. When I cook, I juggle different things a lot. If I want to make pasta for example: I'll chop vegetables while the water is boiling, and when I put the pasta in, that's when I start heating the sauce, etc. The end goal is that the whole meal comes together at the same time. Ne probably contributes to this too. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts