Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost terrifying, the force in which I feel both of these emotions. I'm passionate and although it may take a lot for me to be angry with someone, once they cross the line the fury brims from my soul like a torrent of fire. Heavy on the description, but if you've ever truly made me angry you'd see how well it fits. When I love, I love with the same intensity. There's rarely an in between... except for when I'm in love with someone. Whatever strong emotions I would ever feel the rest of the time are magnified and held within one person. That's a lot. A lot for them, and a lot for me. There's a man in my life who I love deeply, but half of the time I'm angry at him. The rest of the time I feel like I would do anything for him and give him everything, but I'm always deeply passionately in love with him. What surprised me in this relationship is how explosive everything is, whether for good or for bad. When it's good it's outrageously good, and when he makes me angry it makes me want him more in a fiery almost violent kind of way. I feel like if we work together it can be amazing, but if we don't keep up with the relationship it could be bad in a very big way.
He's a fellow ENFP by the way. I've heard double ENFP relationships can be interesting.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sounds hot!
I wouldn't get angry at anyone that i expect nothing from, if i have expectations or think that someone "should" act that way, then i'm angry because they didn't act the way they should have acted. As long as i hold no expectations, i'm immune to anger and frustration.
Arguments are welcome, there's always make up to look for after a heated argument!

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Depends what you like in a relationship. 4s supposedly are attracted to that kind of intensity. I don't relate to that personally.

"The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference." etc

Though, I don't know. It takes so much to piss me off that, once you do it (especially multiple times), it's quite possible you don't deserve my love anymore.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to me like you are confusing desire with love.
Must be Fi rubbing against Fi, that'll produce all kinds of reactions. ;)
Depends what you like in a relationship. 4s supposedly are attracted to that kind of intensity. I don't relate to that personally.

"The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference." etc

Though, I don't know. It takes so much to piss me off that, once you do it (especially multiple times), it's quite possible you don't deserve my love anymore.
@chimeric Yes, I am a 4. Probably leaning toward 4w3. He's something like a 2w3. He's the sweetest most loving man I've ever met, and he challenges me in all the right ways and makes me a better person. I never stay mad at him for long... @Actionjesus I understand the difference between love and desire, and I recognise both in this situation. I both love him and desire him, and sometimes this almost conflicts because one is selfish and one is selfless. @Whippit Don't I know it... We both have very deep feelings about things, but not always the tools necessary to express it easily.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think/hope you guys will settle into something comfortable, and less fiery when you finish scoping out each other's zones.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think/hope you guys will settle into something comfortable, and less fiery when you finish scoping out each other's zones.
Yes, we're the best when we're open and listening to each other. Mostly what I want is for him to be happy, and I get angry when I don't know how to there for him or what he needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just my opinion from my own experience... Fire and passion in a relationship don't always lead to something good. Sometimes it does, but fires burn out after a while.

My ex (INFJ) ... God.. SUCH an intoxicating relationship, so amazing. Sparks flew within the first 5 mins of meeting him. Turned out to be the worst most dysfunctional relationship possible. This wasn't personality related, I'm just saying that flames don't always mean a good relationship.

I'm currently keen on an ISTJ (crazy, I know). Hes more careful, safe, border line boring ;) but my goodness - he's good for me. It's early days so we shall see how it works out. I don't have the chemistry and the passion I had with my ex, and I REALLY miss that. But for me I prefer it this way I think. Safety, security, stability - and a healthy relationship.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just my opinion from my own experience... Fire and passion in a relationship don't always lead to something good. Sometimes it does, but fires burn out after a while.

My ex (INFJ) ... God.. SUCH an intoxicating relationship, so amazing. Sparks flew within the first 5 mins of meeting him. Turned out to be the worst most dysfunctional relationship possible. This wasn't personality related, I'm just saying that flames don't always mean a good relationship.

I'm currently keen on an ISTJ (crazy, I know). Hes more careful, safe, border line boring ;) but my goodness - he's good for me. It's early days so we shall see how it works out. I don't have the chemistry and the passion I had with my ex, and I REALLY miss that. But for me I prefer it this way I think. Safety, security, stability - and a healthy relationship.
C) its a rebound relationship so i dont get any chance to get hurt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts