Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a really fun thread over on the MBTI side, but I found I kept thinking of enneatypes instead of MB types. So without further ado....!

type 1- Fanny Price from Mansfield Park
type 2- Atticus Finch
type 3- Scarlett O'Hara
type 4- every character in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
type 5- Holden from Catcher in the Rye
type 6- Yossarian from Catch-22
type 7- Sara Crewe from The Little Princess
type 8- Harry Potter?
type 9- Celie from The Color Purple

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I did something similar on another thread so I'm just going to repost it with a bit of editing.

Sp 1: Uptown Girls; Rule Seeking young child 1 (portrayed by Dakota Fanning) critizes 7ish nanny for childish ways but eventually grows into a 7 with her help.
Sx 1: The Nun's Story; Audrey Hepburn's character tries really hard to lose all aspects of self, for the sake of religion.
Soc 1: To Kill a Mockingbird Atticus Finch, an honorable lawyer stands up for a black defendant in the south.

Sp 2: Fiddler on The Roof Traditional Father confronts with social/political changes as he tries to marry off his daughters. "
Soc 2: Sisterhood of Traveling Pants; 4 girls part ways, but their friendship remains connected via totem: magical jeans that fit them all. (someone in there has to be a 2 lol)
Sx 2: Cleopatra; Cleopatra shows the sexually dominates Roman leaders to secure her land of Egypt.
Sx 2: The Graduate; A cynical married woman, Mrs. Robinson feels worthwhile again, as she seduces a clueless college graduate.

Sp 3: How to Succeed in a Business Without Really Trying; an amusing employee knows how to kiss his bosses ass justtt right.
Sp 3: Breakfast at Tiffany's; Call girl charms NYC elite for the sake of objectively being "secured" to reach the goal of having the freedom to have her own identity.
Sx 3: Top Gun; Hot shot Tom Cruise something something so and so. Push hard, ooo stardom, slow motion walk!
Sx 3: Jerry McGuire; Hot shot Tom Cruise tries to be a successful, ethical sports agent. marries renae zellwinger for her cute kid.
Soc 3: Clueless; Rich popular teen decides to remake over a clueless loser, the clueless teaching system, and inevitably her clueless self.

Sp 4: Lost in Translation: Two strangers bond in the most unlikely of places,and finds its easier to psychologically survive when meaning is found in life.
Sx 4: Romeo & Juliet: Star crossed lovers, ooo ahh.
Soc 4: Girl, Interuppted; Sensitive Winona Ryder gets institutionalized in the 60s when she doesn't fit in. Cause the 60s was so normal, right.

Sp? 5: Da Vinci Code; secret knowledge reveals true nature of Holy Grail.
Sx 5: Twilight Zone; Rod Serling brings us new dimensions of fascinating strangeness.
Soc 5: E.T.; Cute alien seeks to bridge the gap between his folk and our folk.

Sp 6: Woody Allen Character Here: Moral learned, it's better to be a neurotic wimp than a serious bore.
Sp 6: Good Will Hunting; Genius Matt Damon's character struggles with letting down his emotional walls, but finds solace in when teamed up with understanding, yet challenging therapist.
Soc 6: Almost Famous; A young kid in the 70s tours with rock band, to write Rolling Stones Magazine but struggles with letting go (could possibly be a social one.)

Sp 7: Yes Man; A man who says no to everything, lives an alternative lifestyle when he pledges to say Yes to every opportunity that passes.
Sx 7: Marty from Back to The Future; "Damn doc, a time machine? Ill go along with it, but you gotta know, this is heavy.
Sx 7: Almost Famous: Groupie Kate Hudson isn't a groupie, but a band-aid. Groupies have sex to have sex with someone famous, while Band-aids give oral, at the most, but is there for the music, and the spark of being on tour.
Soc 7: Dead Poets Society Robin Williams is an unconventional yet enthusiastic teacher who inspires his students.

Sp 8: Kill Bill: Black mamba's coming to collect her well deserved vengeance.
Sp 8: The Green Mile: Compassionate big man heals others without thought of his own welfare.
Soc 8: The Sopranos; Even mobsters need emotional support.

Sp 9: Pleasantville; passive Toby McGuire finds out who he is when magically transported into the life of the fictional 50's show, Pleasantville.
Sx 9: The Karate Kid; Plucky Ralph whatshisface wins our hearts when he's trained by masterful teacher.
Soc 9: The Wizard of Oz; Dorothy is unhappy with life but when she goes on an adventure in a dream, after wishing to be in that state, she wakes up knowing what to appreciate in life, her family.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
21,021 Posts
Holden Caulfield doesn't strike me as a 5. He's more of a 6 as far as I can tell. He's just not that interested in knowledge, in fact, he's obviously got serious fear and trust issues.

One more thing about The Catcher in the Rye before moving on. This is for the search engines. Holden Caulfield is a 6 on the enneagram. He’s not a 4 or a 5 like I know you all want him to be. Look at the way he is simultaneously repelled and attracted to people, the way he roams the streets and is dying to have conversations with everybody. Look at how he thinks one thing about someone and says the exact opposite. At one point he says he’s “anxious as hell” or “nervous as hell” or something like that; I forget which. He’s insanely counter-phobic. Think about it.

Vanquish, OED definition = defeat thoroughly

·
Registered
132 Posts
type 1 : Emily Gilmore
type 2 : Ms. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
type 3 : Azula
type 4 : Tom (500 Days of Summer)
type 5 : Colin from that one John Green novel i got through. such a stereotype.
type 6 : John Locke (and dammit, now that i think of Locke, Ben's a great example of a Five)
type 7 : Mercutio
type 8 : Kim Kelly (Freaks and Geeks)
type 9 : Harry Potter tbh. i agree he at least has a heavy 8 wing though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Type 1 - Hermione Granger [1w2] (Harry Potter series)
Type 2 - Ben Gonzalez [2w1] (Reaper)
Type 3 - Anya Jenkins [3w2] (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Type 4 - Luna Lovegood [4w5] (Harry Potter series)
Type 5 - Daniel (Oz) Osbourne [5w6] (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Type 6 - Edwin Jarvis [6w5] (Agent Carter)
Type 7 - Hoban (Wash) Washburne [7w6] (Firefly)
Type 8 - Fish Mooney [8w9] (Gotham)
Type 9 - Alphonso (Mack) Mackenzie [9w8] (Agents of SHIELD)

First ones off the top of my head. Added wings too, for kicks c;

Reactions: charlie.elliot

·
Registered
585 Posts
Type 1 - Hermione Granger [1w2] (Harry Potter series)
Type 2 - Ben Gonzalez [2w1] (Reaper)
Type 3 - Anya Jenkins [3w2] (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Type 4 - Luna Lovegood [4w5] (Harry Potter series)
Type 5 - Daniel (Oz) Osbourne [5w6] (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Type 6 - Edwin Jarvis [6w5] (Agent Carter)
Type 7 - Hoban (Wash) Washburne [7w6] (Firefly)
Type 8 - Fish Mooney [8w9] (Gotham)
Type 9 - Alphonso (Mack) Mackenzie [9w8] (Agents of SHIELD)

First ones off the top of my head. Added wings too, for kicks c;
I hereby reclaim both Wash and Luna for us 9s! Actually I just wrote quite a bit about why Luna is a 9 and not a 4 over on the 9 forum. Wash doesn't feel headstrong enough to be a 7-- he's easygoing, relatively cautious, not easily phased, he doesn't seem to go out of his way for adventure and seems like the voice of "that's sounds dangerous, why would we do that?" ("Remember the part where it's a trap?"). Kaylee on the other hand I'm fairly sure is the 7 of Serenity's crew.

I don't know what my answers are. It seems easier to do it the other way around-- look at the character, then decide the type. I can't quite go from type to character off the top of my head! Even when I started the thread on the 9 forum, it was because I couldn't name more 9 characters off the top of my head-- I only named characters I'd already decided were 9s from character-first! ... can I add Wash to my list over there? Or does everyone else disagree with me on that one?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I hereby reclaim both Wash and Luna for us 9s! Actually I just wrote quite a bit about why Luna is a 9 and not a 4 over on the 9 forum. Wash doesn't feel headstrong enough to be a 7-- he's easygoing, relatively cautious, not easily phased, he doesn't seem to go out of his way for adventure and seems like the voice of "that's sounds dangerous, why would we do that?" ("Remember the part where it's a trap?"). Kaylee on the other hand I'm fairly sure is the 7 of Serenity's crew.

I don't know what my answers are. It seems easier to do it the other way around-- look at the character, then decide the type. I can't quite go from type to character off the top of my head! Even when I started the thread on the 9 forum, it was because I couldn't name more 9 characters off the top of my head-- I only named characters I'd already decided were 9s from character-first! ... can I add Wash to my list over there? Or does everyone else disagree with me on that one?
I see your point. Luna most likely, Wash maybe. Regardless, I still think Luna's a 459 and Wash is a 279 of some sort :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Interesting!

Type 1 - Saga Norén (The Bridge)
Type 2 - Emily Fields (Pretty Little Liars)
Type 3 - Spencer Hastings (Pretty Little Liars)
Type 4 - Lila Tournay (Dexter)
Type 5 - Carrie Mathison (Homeland)
Type 6 - Nicholas Brody (Homeland)
Type 7 - Spongebob Squarepants
Type 8 - Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
Type 9 - Harry Potter

I'm not sure of all of them.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Interesting!

Type 1 - Saga Norén (The Bridge)
Type 2 - Emily Fields (Pretty Little Liars)
Type 3 - Spencer Hastings (Pretty Little Liars)
Type 4 - Lila Tournay (Dexter)
Type 5 - Carrie Mathison (Homeland)
Type 6 - Nicholas Brody (Homeland)
Type 7 - Spongebob Squarepants
Type 8 - Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
Type 9 - Harry Potter

I'm not sure of all of them.
Emily is a 9, Alison is a 2
Spencer seems more 6-ish lately

Luna is definitely more 9 than 4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.