Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ISTP friend and this is me trying to do research. Hey, hey, don't get pissed at me, I'm not saying ISTPs have anything wrong with them, I'm just wondering what to look out for. So, if any of you guys have anything that really annoys you or what ways you might annoy other people that would be great. I'm going on a binge research again.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Kind of a bad title to get good ideas from.

I'm kind of going off of myself, so this may not be entirely accurate:
1. Will easily forget you and move on
2. Generally disorganized
3. Doesn't like crowds
4. Difficulty expressing emotions
5. Blunt
6. Doesn't care about anything not here and now.
7. Other stuff I may remember and post later (see 2)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
@ClickForYaoi

I clicked for yaoi. Where is my yaoi?
Stop misleading people. I got my hopes high for nothing, damn it! :frustrating:
You should be careful what you click for. Yaoi could very easily be an STD or a necrophilia fetish or a cheap screwdriver that bends everytime you try to use it.

·
Read Only
88 Posts
I have an ISTP friend and this is me trying to do research. Hey, hey, don't get pissed at me, I'm not saying ISTPs have anything wrong with them, I'm just wondering what to look out for. So, if any of you guys have anything that really annoys you or what ways you might annoy other people that would be great. I'm going on a binge research again.
I am not pissed, I actually think that is a very sweet way to care about your friend :) I'd say generally ISTPs are pretty chill folks who crack couple jokes here and there. My recommendations would depend on how close you guys are. Don't stress out too much, there is no behavior code, generally I like to improvise in a conversation. The best way to learn about your friend would be joining his favorite activity. Then see how it goes from there.
As far as what annoys me... I tend to stress out when I have to socialize too much, and you know, when there is a certain code of behavior with little room for personal opinion. Around my friends, yes please, but not in a "official" crowd when you have to be upright 24/7.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Kind of a bad title to get good ideas from.

I'm kind of going off of myself, so this may not be entirely accurate:
1. Will easily forget you and move on
2. Generally disorganized
3. Doesn't like crowds
4. Difficulty expressing emotions
5. Blunt
6. Doesn't care about anything not here and now.
7. Other stuff I may remember and post later (see 2)
^This^
I really couldn't have said it better.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Too important that you make it not conducive to get proper data for your research?

Isn't it logical to post your questions in such a way to encourage people to participate in your research so you can have more data?
If nothing else it was effective click bait to get ISTPs who normal shy away from these threads to look.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think my nonchalantness pisses people off or indifference to a lot. A lot of people hate when someone is not emotionally gravitating towards the topic at hand.

I think we can come off cynical and melancholy and that can be annoying when its not put in check and controlled. I don't think I am nearly as bad with age, but when I was younger I could have easily sounded like eeyore half the time "doesn't really matter anyway", and then went off on a tangent basically saying why either way shit didn't matter. I am sure that can be nauseating when its not controlled.

Um cant speak for others but I am positive that misinterpretation of other peoples tactics has been a huge annoyance to other people. For me I tend to take it personal if I think a person treads on poor tactic in regards to approach, procedure, execution, or with like passive aggressive behavior when people do things like that I get extremely paranoid. I think as I have gotten older I understand how many people do not see themselves infringing on the principle of the matter that I view it, to them that is their way but for me its casted paranoia and further more lots of spontaneous combustion and the least predictable times.

As cool and level headed as many like to think we are. I still say that not even just myself but ISTPs in general (of course depending on enneagram too) are big babies in some ways. YES we stay cool headed and calm in the face of adversity and emergency usually, but we can easily have an ability to freak the fuck out when nothing seemingly is happening that outwardly to another thru their perception merits it.

We do have a tendency to have a problem staying engaged and interested in things once we see thru a task or relationship if theres not much keeping us we can get disinterested and easily leave it behind. I put the disclosure here still that I am sick of other types confusing us with more flakey types that don't stand by their commitments or play with peoples emotions. I don't think we do that perpetually. Of course people can get hurt when relationships end but we are not the type to just go and play back and forth and be flakey and confuse people as far as committing yet not. The problem is getting us to commit. To a task or person long term and peeking our interest for the long haul. If one gets that interest tho we usually see it out until it runs its course or as long as it works, task or people.

Oh yeah I know I can get subtly cocky and peacock myself as far as talents. Never really braggy in person just like in a way that I know it pisses people off I don't hold back people get annoyed when people are talented at things. It makes them often feel they are less interesting or inferior which is just stupid because theres many dynamics that make people interesting. But yeah that sort of subtle confidence can irritate people. And I kinda understand how it can get annoying when specific people pick up on talent or tasks with ease. This is like one of those unspoken things really people don't actually say it annoys them, and I don't think ISTPs walk around talking about it out loud (I never do) but its easy to know that people are rolling their eyes at the talent in their head thinking "oh good grief another thing they are good at, and they don't tone it down in the slightest", and thinking ISTP having peripheral vision can see daggers yet at least me cant hold myself back if I think I am doing awesome. Basically in a nutshell that's what 'we' are is good at shit in general (of course not everything) but we tend to tackle many abilities. It can come off as a trump card or inadvertently make people feel inferior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.