Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, do any of you have fun? If so, how? Extrapolate and expand.

My reason for doing this is that the Type 5 forum in and descriptions in many ways make us out to be perpetually serious, almost Nietzsche like beings. Being a five, while yes I do encounter the same difficulties as other fives, I can say that much of my life is filled with a great degree of amusement and fun.

But I'll just say this: quantify fun as you wish. I know the typical notion of what "fun" is may not appeal to so many fives, so take a guess as to what I mean. Having fun for me could be having an interesting and yet antagonistically amusing conversation. I'll leave it to you guys from here :)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I have a lot of fun in my life. I'm rarely bored.

I couldn't figure out a good way to categorize my fun activities, so in no particular order here is a list of things that I find "fun":

Biking (city and trail), running, playing indoor soccer, hiking, camping/back-country camping, traveling, outdoor concerts/festivals, going to museums or galleries, exploring desolate or abandoned areas, long road trips, cooking, researching topics of personal interest to me (psychology, mindfulness, counselling, intersectional feminist theory, politics, serial killers, survivalist tips, obscure stories of unsolved mysteries, etc), going for walks beside the river, going to normally populated areas in the middle of the night, reading a good book, playing with my cats or watching them play, late night drunken bike rides, going to the beach, watching a good movie/tv show, having friends over for drinks, take out, and good conversation, bonfires, trying a new restaurant - going out to eat in general, going on guided tours (whether in my city or somewhere else), canoeing, swimming, being silly in general.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I find things fun that others look askance at, then some that are equally liked by others:

photography, gardening, writing, biking, reading the Oxford Brain Journal, making collage art, dancing, darts, word puzzles and games.

Hmmm, lots of solitary activities in there....lol

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
I love to have fun and when I'm feeling really free; I allow my 7 point to have free reign.

I love going to art galleries, going to jazz concerts, plays, dancing, playing chess and reading.

Most people who spend time with me; usually tend to describe me as "a lot of fun" - so there!

:tongue:

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
I've been described as fun, quite often and regularly. I have a good sense of humor, I have a sense of adventure, even though I'm not always spontaneous. I like dancing, singing, antiquing, art, music, learning odd things by myself, psychology, botany, languages, survival skills, gemology, etc. I have curiosity, and am usually the first person to say what everyone else is secretly thinking, or the first person to cut loose, for example karaoke or dancing, because I just don't care at all about looking stupid doing something I love.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Writing fiction, reading, dancing, researching whatever's caught my attention lately, listening to music, pacing back and forth while mentally writing and listening to music, watching a TV show or movie, hanging out with family or pets, playing board games with family, posting to forums online, reading fanfiction or watching fanvideos in my current favorite fandom, doing puzzles of all kinds, playing scrabble or other simple iPhone games, and chatting with friends online.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mine is online computer games such as Chess, Jeopardy, solitaire, Angry Birds, to name a few. Having entertaining conversations on different forums besides PerC, crossword puzzles, reading, eating out with friends and families, spending time with my boyfriend at our "getaway" place.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Reactions: Cryoshakespeare

·
Banned
1,646 Posts
i have fun... if you define fun as 'doing something that pleases you', instead of 'doing activities that most people define as fun' :p

i play various instruments in various ensembles and/or solo, i make motorcycle tours (alone), i read a lot (three different languages), i write and/or provide commentary for other people. i also like watching movies/tv shows (it's appaling how much people actually don't like watching a movie), i do yoga, and i like to cook nice dinners and try out nice recipes...

the other day i was bored - it was interesting O.O i had forgotten what that actually felt like...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
So, do any of you have fun?
Uh yeah. I have lots of fun, though what I can call fun others may run away in horror..... mwahahaha.

If so, how?
Playing cards, participating on various StackExchange sites, e.g. Programmers, Personal Finance, Workplace, Personal Productivity, Mathematics to give a few that I'm more active these days, participating on sites like this where I post in various forums, reading books, taking courses, watching TV, listening to music, watching movies, and talking to people.

For example, this past Tuesday night was a community event where we went through needs and identifying our top need and ways to get it met. Quite a fun and interesting night though for some people this could be a bit too much like work to do some development on themselves.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a lot of 7-like fun... Dunno if that's disintegration point or not. for example, when I like something, I do not give two shits as to how I look, and enjoy making other people laugh with me so I'll be pretty silly. A free spirit at heart, I think why not challenge myself to any challenges that comes along, which turns into fun real quick.

·
Registered
474 Posts
So, do any of you have fun? If so, how? Extrapolate and expand.

My reason for doing this is that the Type 5 forum in and descriptions in many ways make us out to be perpetually serious, almost Nietzsche like beings. Being a five, while yes I do encounter the same difficulties as other fives, I can say that much of my life is filled with a great degree of amusement and fun.

But I'll just say this: quantify fun as you wish. I know the typical notion of what "fun" is may not appeal to so many fives, so take a guess as to what I mean. Having fun for me could be having an interesting and yet antagonistically amusing conversation. I'll leave it to you guys from here :)
If anything, I think fives are less serious than some other types, at least those fives I know (including myself). I have a lot of sense of humour (though of course my sense of humour doesn't have to appeal to everyone). As for fun I guess I rather like pleasures of life - simple stuff like eating, sleeping, walks, enjoying the view, the weather etc. I like 'lonely' entertainment like reading, browsing internet, playing games, listening to music on my own.

As for social life I do like spending time with people, just five-like - only with certain people and certain quantities, because it tires me in the long run.

For people who define fun as clubbing, bungee jumping etc. it may not seem fun, but I often feel that in the end I'm one of most chilled out people in a room.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm pretty self conscious, actually, about not being a "fun" person.
For me it all depends on the person I'm with. I'm flexible. I don't actively seek "fun" activities, except for music festivals, and having drinks with friends, but even that is a once in a blue moon thing.
But, just because I don't have conventional "fun" doesn't mean I'm not happy. I'm easily one of the happiest people I know. I love and appreciate my life and the people in it. I see the negative things for their purpose or value, even if I hate them and want them to go away. But I have 60 hour work weeks. :p I don't have time for fun right now. I go out for tea with my friends when I get a chance. I do martial arts classes every day, and those are fun, for me, because I'm learning. Learning is what's fun to me. That, and spending time with people I like.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts