Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that this thread could be for people to write about positive visions of their future. This is not a place to be pessimistic, just take some time to think about all the awesome and exciting things that lie ahead of you and write them down!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh... So I can't write out how the world ends up being destroyed by humans in the future....

I just hope I can follow my dream as a stop motion animator as my main job in the future, I've put quite a bit of effort in it already and I don't want that to go to waste.

Btw, we better have flying cars by 2015.

·
Registered
287 Posts
A bright and shiny future??

All of my friends are happy, have good paying jobs and we hang out every few days to play cards and watch Game of Thrones. My Family is happy and no one has moved away from me to the point that I can't just wake up on a Saturday and drive to them. My job is still the same and (other then a few exceptions) my co-workers are doing well and we're in the green for every quarter.

Really I don't think a bright and shiny future is what I want. I just want peace and happiness.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015 - MTV will be taken over by Chinese Government and will show live executions as a new reality show to replace Jersey Shore. I am being optimistic ;-)
Well, it didn't take long for this thread to descend into darkness. I shouldn't be surprised. But I feel certain (because I'm a gosh darn optimist) that any minute now some people will come along and brighten the place up with their ambitious and exciting visions of the future!.....any minute now......

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I am sooo looking forward to maternity leave. I am incredibly tired of going to work. I want to do something more meaningful and what is more meaningful than raising and nurturing another human? I cannot wait for September. I asked for 12 weeks off and I find out this week what they are going to give me.

And of course I can't wait to meet my son. It's funny but the thing I keep thinking about is what he will look like. I just want to see his face and see what someone with my genes and my husband's genes looks like. I am so fascinated by this idea. It just seems so crazy! :)

Other things I am looking forward to are the baby shower in July and the birthing class. Two things I have never experienced before. And I actually have tickets to go see a NASCAR race this summer. Not sure if my body will be up for it, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I hope the unborn baby's ears don't get blown out, it's so damn loud at races. I suppose the baby has already been to a few rock concerts and jam sessions and he didn't care, so I guess it will be ok. It's funny because two times I remember the baby moving around the most was when Black Sabbath was playing in the background. So maybe he'll grow up to like loud things. :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'll be going back to America! And meeting my own best friends again... And someday, I will finally defeat Procrastination, my arch-nemesis, work at all my creative hobbies, study International Relations at college... and then I'll save the world!

·
Registered
🚀
10,045 Posts
I am sooo looking forward to maternity leave. I am incredibly tired of going to work. I want to do something more meaningful and what is more meaningful than raising and nurturing another human? I cannot wait for September. I asked for 12 weeks off and I find out this week what they are going to give me.

And of course I can't wait to meet my son. It's funny but the thing I keep thinking about is what he will look like. I just want to see his face and see what someone with my genes and my husband's genes looks like. I am so fascinated by this idea. It just seems so crazy! :)

Other things I am looking forward to are the baby shower in July and the birthing class. Two things I have never experienced before. And I actually have tickets to go see a NASCAR race this summer. Not sure if my body will be up for it, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I hope the unborn baby's ears don't get blown out, it's so damn loud at races. I suppose the baby has already been to a few rock concerts and jam sessions and he didn't care, so I guess it will be ok. It's funny because two times I remember the baby moving around the most was when Black Sabbath was playing in the background. So maybe he'll grow up to like loud things. :)
Didn't know you were pregnant, wish you well! Year of the dragon =)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will spend a few months backpacking across central and eastern Europe, in the process seeing the lands that nurtured my ancestors and falling in love with a fellow adventurer (some tall European man....probably a Dane or Swede, but hey! I'm not picky!). I'll learn his language (or maybe I'll already have started before we meet) and we'll choose some neutral location on the globe to live happily ever after. Maybe I'll teach, or write, or study art history, or work on an archaeological dig somewhere. The most important part is that we'll be happy.

obviously this is a little far-fetched....but I think there's still a chance yet of it happening. ;)

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Oh, I hope to go to Legoland this year or next too :)
@mimesis there will be no procrastinating, because I will stick a rocket right up its.....inate-Inator

·
Registered
🚀
10,045 Posts
I will spend a few months backpacking across central and eastern Europe, in the process seeing the lands that nurtured my ancestors and falling in love with a fellow adventurer (some tall European man....probably a Dane or Swede, but hey! I'm not picky!). I'll learn his language (or maybe I'll already have started before we meet) and we'll choose some neutral location on the globe to live happily ever after. Maybe I'll teach, or write, or study art history, or work on an archaeological dig somewhere. The most important part is that we'll be happy.

obviously this is a little far-fetched....but I think there's still a chance yet of it happening. ;)
Tip: The tallest Europeans live in the Netherlands and Slovenia. But you'll have a hard time learning the Dutch language as most will speak english very well, and like to do so as well. It's a complaint I often hear from the English and Americans.

Bon voyage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tip: The tallest Europeans live in the Netherlands and Slovenia. But you'll have a hard time learning the Dutch language as most will speak english very well, and like to do so as well. It's a complaint I often hear from the English and Americans.

Bon voyage.
Alas, this is what I've heard from a lot of people. Disappointing, as it hardly gives us disadvantaged mono-lingual Americans the chance to catch up, but where there's a will, there's a way! I hope that knowing German will be a solid base for learning other similar languages, especially Norwegian.

didn't realize Slovenia was so tall....thanks for putting it on my radar :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh, you want optimistic visions? I feel like fat kid in gym class . . . . No place for me here and want to cry a little. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I hope to find a creative job that is accepting of my body modification! :)

I also hope to continue to advocate for people and collaborate with people to expose specific issues.

And, of course, I hope I can actively help people in need!

That's where I see myself!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I cannot deny this year will be struggle for me and maybe next too but I m well equipped to deal with it then before so BRING IT ON!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts