Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few comments from INTP gamers, I just wanted to create a thread for us to talk!
Talk about anything: your favorite games/characters and also your least favorite, card games, mobile app games...

Need someone to play with? Reach out on here with your platform & what game(s).

Post pictures of your set ups and gear. Heck, post pictures of anything gaming related that you have.

Currently I'm torn on whether I ever want to pick up destiny again. I was so disappointed with it months ago that I stopped playing it. I could buy the expansions and try again or leave it behind and pay for some PC games.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Tribes Ascend was great. They haven't updated in over two years though.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No interest in video games and I avoid games like DnD(despite being constantly invited to DM) because I know I'll either get super hooked and lose all productivity, or find it fun but then get bored of it when the other players don't make things interesting or interpret my things wrong.... but I can 2048 or Tetris for hours and Scrabble is my jam. Clue is another favourite but a lot of people don't like playing with me because I figure things out too fast and they think I cheat. :sigh:

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don't play as much as I used to, which is down to me beginning to feel like playing video games is a waste of time. I know it's to have fun and that, but really, the fact of the matter is you get jack shit at the end of it, unless you're a professional streamer or compete in E-Sports. I suppose these days I have a tendency to think about what it is I'm putting my time into, and what it's going to do for me in terms of adding or subtracting to my success in life.

But yeah, I have a temperamental taste in video games. I seem to jump from MMO to MMO, not really settling down and grinding on one particular game, which is pretty much the worst thing you can do when it comes to MMOs, at least if you actually want to progress in them. Sometimes if I can't be bothered with the grindyness of MOOs I'll just play some GTA online or some COD 4, something mindless to kill a few hours.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
My computer is built for managing high volumes of data rather than gaming, so I do pretty much all my gaming on a PS4. I've been playing a fair bit of GTA: Online and murdering a bunch of obnoxious kids who think they're OG. I was griefing before you were even born, you little shits. I am Godzilla, you are Japan.

I'll probably get The Witcher 3 now, because why not.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about brain teasers or riddles :tongue: I do enjoy a good riddle or a mystery though.

I used to play MMORPG when I was younger, but have lost interest in it when I finally realized that it was nothing but grinding and grinding and then some more grinding. Well, that and real life duty calls now that I'm an adult...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I play Eternity Warriors 3 on my mobile when I have the time. Other than that, I don't play anything. EW3 Pisces me off though because I can't play a character as the lady that I am. I have to play as some monk guy :dry:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
God I wish I stopped playing video games.

Destiny was super cool, but it's turning into pay-to-look-super-bad-ass. Warlocks are totally my shit though.

Unfortunately, I play a lot of single player games on PC. I can add people on steam though so there's that. Goodbye friendless friends list. Maybe.

@anarchitektur
If you were actually curious, it's pretty decent. I've been watching my S/O play it for quite some time now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I haven't playing that much since I'm reserving more time to my artistic side (interface designing) and some other shit. But I was fairly hooked to DotA 2. I usually don't play MMO/Competitive, but none of the actual games grabbed my attention (or if my PC doesn't match the requirements). I mostly play for plot, and the last game that piqued my interest in a horrific way was Mass Effect. Other than that, I love open world games, and I stopped playing Fallout and The Elder Scrolls when I had 400 hours of gameplay (in a couple of games of each series).

I recently downloaded StarCraft 2, and saw that I really don't give a shit about RTS, but I may as well force myself to play it.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Thank god for indies.
There hasn't been a good AAA title in many many years.

Also, is anyone else sick of all the teambased multiplayer games? I stopped playing so many of them because of retard teammates. Except for WoT which I suck at, so there's no issue there(for me).

I hope the new Unreal Tournament is good and has FFA.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Elder Scrolls Online.

This game is fucking amazing. I tried out the beta a few years back and it was ok, but the 15 euro per month is just fucking ridiculous. A few months back they made it buy to play so just buy it once and play forever no monthlies. Seriously dudes, if you like Elder Scrolls games, MMORPGS, and maybe something like the Witcher. This game is for you. The solo content is good, it's not boring like WoW kill X and come back for reward. All the quests are voiced too. There's endgame content and PvP.

I'm only lvl 25 now (out of 50 and after that you have veteran ranks) but I'm having a blast hoenstly. I joined a guild but Ï don't really have any friends to quest with so just been rolling solo. If any of you decide to start playing this, hit me up!

here's the subreddit too btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I liked to play a lot of games back in the day - that's what my time was consumed by. As of late though, I don't have the drive for gaming. Some Starcraft 2 or something stealthy (Thief, Splinter Cell that kind of thing)

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Elder Scrolls Online.

This game is fucking amazing. I tried out the beta a few years back and it was ok, but the 15 euro per month is just fucking ridiculous. A few months back they made it buy to play so just buy it once and play forever no monthlies. Seriously dudes, if you like Elder Scrolls games, MMORPGS, and maybe something like the Witcher. This game is for you. The solo content is good, it's not boring like WoW kill X and come back for reward. All the quests are voiced too. There's endgame content and PvP.

I'm only lvl 25 now (out of 50 and after that you have veteran ranks) but I'm having a blast hoenstly. I joined a guild but Ï don't really have any friends to quest with so just been rolling solo. If any of you decide to start playing this, hit me up!

here's the subreddit too btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline
Is it like the good ones or like Skyrim?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought this thread was going to be about brain teasers or riddles :tongue: I do enjoy a good riddle or a mystery though.
If you wanna talk about riddles and brain teasers go right ahead! I will make it more random and add in my love for crosswords and my surprise when I realized that I like sudoku.

Life is a tedious game. The grind is real. There is no reset button.
Which is why I choose to have multiple lives :p
Actually I was shocked when I realized I could become emotionally attached to game characters like I did with books, it was a really weird experience. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Thank god for indies.
There hasn't been a good AAA title in many many years.

Also, is anyone else sick of all the teambased multiplayer games? I stopped playing so many of them because of retard teammates. Except for WoT which I suck at, so there's no issue there(for me).
I have to admit I have been obsessed with the borderlands and mass effect series but there's very few newer games that I really like and would replay like borderlands and mass effect. Which is why I have a few older consoles. I need to revisit crash bandicoot.
Yes, team based multiplayer games can be enraging, which is why I bought this shirt:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I play Singed on League of Legends. I think he allows for a good mix between solo and team play.

I lose interest in single players quickly and I rarely finish them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Currently playing GW2 which tends to be the perfect blend of a game that I don't have to actively play and don't have to be in an organized group to pvp/wvw. I can jump in for an hour, tag along with the zerg, raid a few keeps, then log out without having to invest in any social interactions to play. This was always the most hated part for me with games like WoW where I had to apply to guilds and be online at certain times to actually make progress at endgame.

Anyway, I think my wife is getting interested in play GW2 so I'm putting together a cheap gaming PC for her so we have something to do together.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts