Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 11939 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,592 Posts
you've always struck me as Sp/Sx for some reason
Yeah, I remember you mentioning this some time back as did Kalei. Don't think im perhaps as disconnected as SP/SO, just selective about which connections to develop. Soc seems so relate-able though, I considered it as a dom instinct but the only other that conflicts with that is SP. *bah and seriously ponders SP/SX as stack* Mmm...

·
Registered
852 Posts
@Animal I think your correctly typed as an E4 for your core, your not comical enough to be an E2.
@Cosmic Orgasm I could see 3 from some of our conversations over skype. I could also see 7 as well. It really comes down to how you use your head center, is it formulaic and linear or is it more unstructured.

My area of focus now is on finding my instinctual stacking.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
*consent given*
I agree with 4w3 fix.
7 core - without a doubt, though I can see the possibility for either wing.
You know we've debated your gut fix a lot, and I have no extremely strong opinion, but I think it's 1 if I were forced to guess.

I'll volunteer. I've been considering a core of six over my current type three.
You seem very, very SP to me - is that correct? Also I would posit Sp/So. I have no idea how you type instinct wise.

Core 3w4 "feels" right but I have no case against any other type. If you are considering 6, I'll give it some thought and let you know if I notice anything as I encounter your posts. :)

Consent Given! Considering 3 and 7, but other suggestions are also welcome.

Nice idea there @Phoenix_Rebirth and nice steal re: my rules. :proud:
7w8-3w4-8wX. I understand the cases for 1, and your line to 1 is there but.. I have to say, considering I've only met one other person in my life who I think makes a good candidate for triple-id, and that's my father, and you remind me of him in very beautiful ways <3 <3 my heart says 8.

I would say Sx/Sp but since I know you I realize why it's Sp/Sx. Your energy on the forum feels SX, but I would agree that your lifestyle and compulsions is more indicative of Sp/Sx.

For a long time I was skeptical about ENTJ but now I see the Te dominance plainly. ESTJ or ENTJ would work - I cannot distinguish between the other two with you. Both intuition & sensation seem strong, and for some reason I can't pinpoint if it's Si vs Se, Ni vs Ne. However there's so much Se that Ni/Se is probably it. So, yeah, ENTJ. Damn that was circular.

I can't see you as a core 3 at all. 7w8!!!! If you ever considered 4-fix I would hear you out and keep an open mind, but I think 3 is most likely correct. ;) And just FYI, I have considered 4-fix for my father as well.

I wanna join the fun!
I can't explain why, but you definitely strike me as a 6. I don't know you well enough to make any more comments, but I will let you know if I notice anything :)

I'll give my consent.
5w6 or 6w5 are the only types I could see for your core.

And definitely a 3-fix. As for gut fix I would posit 1. Not sure about wings on either one.

Your instincts continue to confuse me ;D

And with MBTI, I am also not really sure. ENTJ seemed right, but you type at INTJ now? I could see either.

I don't know if I'm a core 1 or 6 (or maybe even a 2). I appreciate insight from anyone who's willing to give some :)
You strike me as a 1w1. A shining and dazzling 1w1 at that. ;)
i'm in. :wink:

(be brutal)

edit: originally typed at 8--thinking i could be a 3--or maybe a very unhealthy/in-a-state-of-growth 9... would even consider 2.
You seem very, very, very 6ish to me, but that might be the Fe/Ti cognition?? I have a hard time even reconsidering your core type O.O

If anyone's been wanting to call me out on a mistype, I dare you now.
"I dare you now." What a CP-6 ;)

No, really, I already said on your thread.. 6 or 7 both make sense and I will think about it :)
And definitely 1-fix.
Heart-fix.. I would need to think about. I think your gut fix comes first,

INTJ DEFINITELY.

And alternative suggestions welcome! :kitteh:
I haven't stopped puzzling over your type and I really don't know. I do see 6, but I don't know if that's because it's stuck in my head from always seeing you typed as 6. What is your MBTI/JCF/Socionics? I will still let you know when/if I come up with any observations. 6 feels right though, or my brain is stuck on it. One or the other.

And I wouldn't mind anyone commenting on my type. >_>
You are difficult. ;) But the best I can come up with is that 6w7 doesn't feel *wrong.* As you know I am still mulling this one over, but I don't know >.>

I would think Fe/Ti cognition is in there somewhere, though.

it's a bit embarrassing that you noticed, cuz I fucking hate that side of me (I'm sure the 6 wing doesn't make it any better.
*crosses arms* ;)

Bring it!
The only types I could see for you are 8w9, 8w7, 7w8, or 3wX. You are definitely an Id type. I haven't seen real strong reason to reconsider 8w9 though.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
The only types I could see for you are 8w9, 8w7, 7w8, or 3wX. You are definitely an Id type. I haven't seen real strong reason to reconsider 8w9 though.
Thank you for the feedback. Means a lot coming from you. Even though you settled for 4 you still know 8s inside out! ;)

The first three types are the only ones i have ever considered. I am surprised to see you suggest 3 as a core though. Care to elaborate why?

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. Means a lot coming from you. Even though you settled for 4 you still know 8s inside out! ;)

The first three types are the only ones i have ever considered. I am surprised to see you suggest 3 as a core though. Care to elaborate why?
Sometimes a 3 comes off very strong like an 8 but then when you dig down it's a 3. I think it's unlikely though. I was just saying that by process of elimination, I would not eliminate it with certainty. I could eliminate any other type outside the ones I mentioned, with relative certainty.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
And if you're wondering, if you think I'm mistyped just tell me.
Still think you're a 2.

I'll volunteer. I've been considering a core of six over my current type three.
Nah, I think 3w4 is a better fit than 6.

If anyone's been wanting to call me out on a mistype, I dare you now.
Agreed with the 6w5 observations :\

People can call me out too if they want, :p
I still see you as core id, not core 4. I'd say 3 or 7 over 8, though.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@Nonsense

6w7 core. I have already told you the reasoning, so I won't repeat.
@Silveresque

6w5, based on your questionnaire and other observations. Core reactive and superego was pretty obvious. You're not an SO first, so some of the examples you gave as to why you aren't a 6 were not relevant. You may be 9w8 and 3 fixed.

Read Naranjo's 2.

@Paradigm

TYPEME!!!:frustrating:

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
@Paradigm
TYPEME!!!:frustrating:
Oh. Um... 9w1-2w1-5w6, so/sp.

We good?

No?

Fine. I actually am coming around to you being 7w8, as it would explain a lot (line to 1, for example). But you definitely have that 3 fix. So... 7w8-3w4-8w9, sp/sx... Which I'm pretty sure you knew, anyway :tongue:

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
@The Scorched Earth: I still can't see you as anything but 9w1 or 1w9 (probably the former). your energy is much more mellow than any of the 4s I've met and you seem to have a subtle undercurrent of unexpressed anger. your primary neurosis seems to be acedia/an ability to assert your own needs/desires. additionally, I have a lot of trouble seeing a 4w5 mistype at 3 for as long as you did. INFJ 9w1>4w5>5w6 Sp/Sx sounds about right. I haven't ruled out 1w9 cuz the 9 wing and 4 and 5 fixes would make you seem pretty damn ego, but you lack a certain sternness and preachiness present in all the 1s I've met. compare your posting style to, say, @snail. there is a pretty big difference.
All I can say is that if you met me in real life, you would never accuse me of being a 9. It's true that I have mellowed over the years, but that was mostly despite myself. I still have a great deal of frustration/longing, but I don't express it much because I'm not convinced that most people around me (including family) will really "get it." Also because when I have expressed it, it almost always results in hurt feelings (usually on my end), which I don't have time for anymore.

Anyone else? :)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@Silveresque

6w5, based on your questionnaire and other observations. Core reactive and superego was pretty obvious. You're not an SO first, so some of the examples you gave as to why you aren't a 6 were not relevant. You may be 9w8 and 3 fixed.
Why reactive and why 3 fixed?

I think a lot of people see me as a 6 mainly because I'm uncertain of my type and keep changing it. But honestly, I have never been particularly prone to doubt and uncertainty before I got into the enneagram.

Read Naranjo's 2.
Already read it. If I went by Naranjo, the only type I could be is 5.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
All I can say is that if you met me in real life, you would never accuse me of being a 9. It's true that I have mellowed over the years, but that was mostly despite myself. I still have a great deal of frustration/longing, but I don't express it much because I'm not convinced that most people around me (including family) will really "get it." Also because when I have expressed it, it almost always results in hurt feelings (usually on my end), which I don't have time for anymore.

Anyone else? :)
Why would you call a typing suggestion an 'accusation'? :laughing:

I don't see you as a 4. 1w9 and I have talked about it in your thread. Too much superego and very lil of an image focus. 1-4 is connected via disintegration. So, I see why you might type at 4. You mentioned depression and so on on your thread.

But yeah, 1w9-4w5-5wX sx/sp or sx/so.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Why reactive and why 3 fixed?

I think a lot of people see me as a 6 mainly because I'm uncertain of my type and keep changing it. But honestly, I have never been particularly prone to doubt and uncertainty before I got into the enneagram.
Rest assured, I am not one of these people. I know plenty of people who've changed type multiple times that I haven't suggested 6 to.

You did talk about uncertainty and doubt on your thread, indecisiveness was an issue you emphasized a fair bit. And, I think 6w7 was my initial impression not w5. So, I'll revise that to w7. You talked a lot about avoiding stress and obligations that tie you down.

I'm frequently anxious and uncertain, and I look for facts and information to resolve my uncertainty. If I can't resolve my uncertainty, I'll usually choose a safer alternative.
- that wasn't just about the Enneagram

I get stressed out and frustrated easily, and when this happens I often feel the need to vent. But I usually keep my feelings to myself instead because I'm afraid venting will just make me look bad and people will think I'm overreacting. Which I know I am.
I also struggle with doubt and uncertainty about whether I should voice my thoughts because I know they can change quickly. Sometimes it seems like as soon as I say what I think, I don't think that anymore, and this can cause great inner turmoil and the feeling that I'm contradicting myself. I'm also very risk-averse in general
and I'm afraid of something going wrong or getting in trouble because I did something I wasn't supposed to do. I have a hard time relaxing and enjoying the present when I know the peace won't last.
- you don't get more 6 than that;) -- knowing the peace won't last contradicts core positive outlook outright-

everything I have bolded and quoted etc. thus far relates to 6 and in places to reactive core --- needing to vent when stressed and holding back for fear of judgment because you know you're overreacting..is one example. Fear of making mistakes, making the wrong move, having one foot forward and one back, indecision..all superego 6.

I don't seem to have any issues with trust, suspicion, or paranoia. I don't fear being alone or abandoned.
You might benefit from reading @Julia Bell's last questionnaire. She, in fact, she was very "trusting". And, she's a 6w7. A lot of 6w7s have the positive influence from 7, so they overestimate how trusting they really are when in fact they're very observant and watchful. Reactivity is about keying in to what's beyond the facade, the surface, as a habit. That's where 6 mistrust comes from, knowing there's more than what meets the eye.
@Paradigm has often talked about lacking the suspicion and 'paranoia' associated with type.

As for being alone or abandoned, 6s do have a fixation on losing support. So, you initially felt that uncertainty wasn't an issue in general, but you talked about it a lot. It's possible that the support point is one you haven't paid sufficient thought to. The intensity of the fear of abandonment varies from person to person. The more cp leaning 6s or those at a point where they're exhibiting cp in their life may not relate to these underlying fears as much since the focus has shifted to independence or freedom.

Again, that's something for you to ponder further.
I see risks and decisions that could potentially lead to regret (like "I wish I hadn't posted that" kind of regret), but I rarely see "danger". I'm also not at all prone to projection.
The danger shit is HUGELY exaggerated in 6 descriptions. Throw that out to the birds. You said you were risk-averse, and you have to be aware of shit going wrong or have a natural tendency to look to the possibility of things going wrong to be risk-averse.

And, projection is a very common defense mechanism. Everyone projects.
You could insult me and say you hate me to my face and I would probably be a bit sad, but I wouldn't be able to hate you back. I don't seem to be capable of hating people. I'm also very indecisive about a lot of things. And I can be very caring and empathetic, but I can also be very uncaring and apathetic.
Naranjo talks about this propensity for forlornness in 6s. A lot of people associate that with 4 and 9. That insult to my face and hatred thing could also be superego as it was in Julia Bell's case. You may not consider it OK to hate people back. There are 9s who hate some people, so it's not like 9 is the all-accepting in all cases type of the Enneagram.

Already read it. If I went by Naranjo, the only type I could be is 5.
What's your reasoning for core 2?

Again, the indecision you keep emphasizing in conjunction to other points I highlighted points to 6. 2s are power oriented and decisive, know exactly what they want and how to get it. I don't see it as a fix. I'd say 3 is likely to be your fix. As for why, bleh, I might get to it later. I don't have the time for extensive type discussions. ;)

I won't be able to converse at length. You're free to disagree or whatever. This is my assessment based on your own writings. Also, there's a certain stand-offish defensiveness to you (not saying this in a disrespectful way or saying only 6s can be defensive), but you seem to be on guard a lot...like you're expecting to be contradicted and need to stay prepared for the same.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
@Animal, is everyone with Fe/Ti in their makeup going to get a 6 typing from you? :tongue:

@Figure

disintegration lines... but that doesn't clear anything up, since it just pinpoints general behavior (aggression, compliance, receding from life) that all types can fall into--all in a slightly different flavor, and in a varying order; and sometimes even the order itself can go against theory, as a 3 can sink into "apathy" and it might not be a negative thing, or even due to stress.

... lol, i really only added myself to see what comes of it. i can definitely see 3, and 9, but its the 6 aspect that is unclear to myself (and most likely clear to everyone else, it seems)...

i have to be at work soon, so i'll come back later with more.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,592 Posts
I haven't stopped puzzling over your type and I really don't know. I do see 6, but I don't know if that's because it's stuck in my head from always seeing you typed as 6. What is your MBTI/JCF/Socionics? I will still let you know when/if I come up with any observations. 6 feels right though, or my brain is stuck on it. One or the other.
Yeah, if anything does come up, plz do share :kitteh:, id be interested in your side of things. I try not to get too attached to specific types unless im really convinced but yeah, id be interesting to hear your perspective. I did a socionics questionnaire some time back and another one before that which is buried too far, haha! The first was an IEI(INFp) response and another was EII(INFj) so it's probably one of those. I type INFP aswell. Thanks again! :)

·
MOTM February 2014
4,775 Posts
What else does it explain? :blushed:
- Your patronization when bothered has much more of a "narcissistic" tone than a "competency" tone.

- There's more of an undertone of "competency" in you than I'd expect from a 3w4, in whom it should be more obvious. I think most of the time any "competency" from you is more Te than 3 (I'm convinced you're ExTJ).

- Now that I think of it, the whole flaunting scars thing could actually be more 7-diva. I assumed it was w4 at one point, but 7s enjoy showing how "weird" or "shocking" they are, too... More than 3w4s do.

- Line to 1 which can't really be explained by anything else, because I can't wrap my head around you being 1w2-fixed no matter how much I try (and I've tried). You're too comfortable with everything relating to 8, and there's a definite reactive streak in you.

This post brought to you by Ni.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
@Swordsman of Mana

True, I am not an anxious person for the most part. The only things that begin to make me sweat under the collar are situations I am in charge of that have moved beyond my ability to control. Other than that, I tend to be pretty laid back about most things. I note all the “what ifs” of a situation, make some preparations for them, and then sit back and monitor to see which ones play out. Watchful, but not necessarily with an anxious mindset.
@mushr00m

I hadn’t considered six as my head fix. Is there something in particular you’ve seen that makes you so certain?
@Cosmic Orgasm

That’s actually been the key question in the back of my mind—whether the things I’ve noticed that seem “six-ish” are instead just a manifestation of a really strong sp instinct rather than an indication of a different core type.

The six, as I understand it, is a type that seeks security. It constantly examines both the internal and external in order to determine what is secure and what isn’t. Even when it does find security, it still checks and double checks to make sure there isn’t some mistake.

Although I don’t particularly relate to the internal checks system (I don’t generally question myself), I do relate to the external approach to some degree. I have a tendency to “hope for the best, expect the worst” when I make plans. I will take the longer, harder, and more thorough route if I believe it better prepares me against any potential “pull out the rug from under you” moments.

In other words, I don’t like to be caught unawares.

I don’t over-react to this gut feeling—I’m not the type of person to bring snow jackets on a trip to Arizona in August “just in case” something happens. But I do let it help bring color and perspective to my decisions. I dislike it when my lack of foresight creates problems for me.

Of course, I do have my own personal quirks which are potentially related to this. Such as never sitting with my back to the exit/entrance in a restaurant/building (I’m infamous with friends for this habit) or never falling asleep around people I don’t personally trust.

The short of it is that I do seek security—and I make sure to prepare myself against potential vulnerabilities. But I don’t panic over it or anxiously run my mind over the possibility of problems coming true. I just take note and make sure to work a little harder to protect myself in the long run.

When shit does hit the fan, my reaction is either explosive (especially if it’s a problem I personally created) or so laid back that it scares people. It really depends on how personally committed I am to the given situation.

I thought perhaps that was also a measure of the phobic/counterphobic tendency described in sixes.

Then again, it might just be all chalked up to the fact that I’m an sp-dom. Perhaps a stronger one than I originally thought. :D

Also, would you say instead of core there is the possibility I have a six instead of seven for my head fix?
@Animal

It’s wholly possible I’m just “very, very sp.” :D

It just seems strange to me to chalk up my defensive strategies to instinct. But I guess instinct can be that influential?
@Paradigm

Can I ask why you think 3w4 is a better fit? You don’t have to go crawling forum threads for evidence—I’m just curious.

Also, would you think 3w4 fits better than 3w2?

41 - 60 of 11939 Posts