Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a girl I like. It happens. But I don't know her that much and I'd like to guess her personality type.

I'm quite sure she's E, for several reasons. So that's not the point.

N or S? - She studies maths and this single fact lets me think N. But other things are S-like in my opinion: she likes music, fashion and figurative art.

T or F? - She seems to value logical thinking but also she seems to value A LOT friendship and people. She says not to care other people's opinions but also she does everything so that others like her and I think she actually gets easily offended. So I'd say F.

J or P? - She's organized enough but also loves to have fun and seems to alternate hard work and "hard fun". She's often late and dresses in an elegant-casual style. I'd say P.

What do you think? (English is a second language for me so forgive me if I write strange!)

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
There's a girl I like. It happens. But I don't know her that much and I'd like to guess her personality type.

I'm quite sure she's E, for several reasons. So that's not the point.

N or S? - She studies maths and this single fact lets me think N. But other things are S-like in my opinion: she likes music, fashion and figurative art.

T or F? - She seems to value logical thinking but also she seems to value A LOT friendship and people. She says not to care other people's opinions but also she does everything so that others like her and I think she actually gets easily offended. So I'd say F.

J or P? - She's organized enough but also loves to have fun and seems to alternate hard work and "hard fun". She's often late and dresses in an elegant-casual style. I'd say P.

What do you think? (English is a second language for me so forgive me if I write strange!)
Ehm, this isn't enough to go on...
We need her personality, not her interests.

I know an ESFJ who is/was studying biotech stuff on university and my ESFP sister studies economy on university (just to make a point).
music, fashion and figurative art.
All those are really common amongst sensors.
Even I can out-"rationalize" a T dom...
Easy way to put it is to say that T focuses on good and bad and F on right and wrong.
T as you might now as you are an INTP is focused on analyzing information and sorting through it Ti does this in an internal logic (what you thing is good material etc.) and Te goes by the general opinion.
F is focused on norms, Fe follows norms and Fi breaks them (generally speaking).

Since everyone got every function (an INTP got F for example) it is rather about taking out the functions to start with that the person don't have as the dominating 4.

Forget P and J and start with the mini functions :)

I think she actually gets easily offended.
Again, about what?
I get offended when someone trespasses on my personal values, whereas an INTP for example gets offended if you hit too strong on the values of the many.

Difference is that I would rather put the world in debt than pay $100.

All these are very generalized and exaggerated tho to make a point.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Does she talk and stop like you? or does she speak in a more fluently way?
Is she unaffected by the feeling of those around her or is she highly effected by other peoples' mood?
Why?
Does she come up with random ideas or is her line of thought more structured?
Does she believe that the past is more important for the future than the present?
Does she believe she's a slave to the past or does she believe that you can change the future by changing the present?
Why?

Answer there kinds of questions.

·
Registered
680 Posts
damn, i wish at least one of the many guys i liked posted a thread like this :'(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know her enough to answer every question, but - you know - INTPs are often shy :D
She's rather empathic, telling you why is much more difficult.
I'd say her ideas are quite random.
I can't really answer the other questions.

Also, where can I know something about mini functions? Are they extroverted intuition, introverted sensing and so on? What about Fe, Fi, Te, Ti?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Also, where can I know something about mini functions? Are they extroverted intuition, introverted sensing and so on? What about Fe, Fi, Te, Ti?
yea.. those are all the mini functions (cognitive functions) :p

Ne - makes ideas. (idea explosion but low action)
Ni - connects them. (connecting ideas)

Se - considers the present most important for the future. (blames the present for the future)
Si - considers the past the most important for the present. (blames the past for the present)

Fe - Considers the values of the community. (Will not go against the many)
Fi - considers their own values. (Will not go against oneself)

Te - Considers facts from an objective view. (often refers to others "I have read..." style of talking)
Ti - Considers fact from a subjective and personalized view (often talks like their fact is definitive "It is actually...")

(basic but generally true.)

She's rather empathic
Could just be a normal reaction to love :p
I need to know HOW she says things.

You don't really need to talk to her to find her type.
Try to watch her talk with others.
What seems to annoy her, what is she passionate about?

Does she talk then stop then talk etc. or does she speak more fluently. Meaning if someone gives her a question does she look into the sky for a moment or does she answer at the moment the question is asked.

when she smiles, does she smile with her entire face or in a more static way where she mostly uses the lower parts of her face?

Is she more comfortable at speaking in front of people with a script or without anything at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts