Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a feeling that someone has already said this, but I'm gonna say this anyway... Love is an extremely important thing, in my opinion, for obvious reasons. However the main instinct of mankind is the basic survival instinct, plus the need to ensure the continuity of their kind. So, love may be just this: a really complex illusion to let us... procreate. Maybe it's part of evolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Love can be like the sun, all warm and fuzzy and something you need to survive.
Other times it's like rain, calm and melancholic.
Sometimes it's windy and hectic.
All in all it's something everyone needs and desires but not everyone has.
And that is very sad... I wish everyone could feel love

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a feeling that someone has already said this, but I'm gonna say this anyway... Love is an extremely important thing, in my opinion, for obvious reasons. However the main instinct of mankind is the basic survival instinct, plus the need to ensure the continuity of their kind. So, love may be just this: a really complex illusion to let us... procreate. Maybe it's part of evolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I see what you mean, like its an abstract way to fool our minds into continuing mankind

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The thought that no woman I have loved understood the immensity of my love.

Makes me wonder if any of them will. Im at a point where this question is making me unsure if I am just hesitant, or flatout jaded. Im tired of spending my time, effort, energy, and money (practical reasons of course), on some broad who has merely played the part of somebody who understands me.

Feels like Im just getting fucked with. I feel like I wouldnt believe anything the next girl would say. Would I even give her the chance? Would I really be that ruthless? God my trust is so deflated...
Been there too, but i usually get written off before they even get to know me which kinda sucks. Its like they dont even give you a chance, like they dont even care enough to pretend to try. Maybe its me being too sensitive or expecting too much of people, but it definitely makes you feel like not trying anymore.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Been there too, but i usually get written off before they even get to know me which kinda sucks. Its like they dont even give you a chance, like they dont even care enough to pretend to try. Maybe its me being too sensitive or expecting too much of people, but it definitely makes you feel like not trying anymore.

I'm seriously considering NTs over NFs, I'm tired of the emotional baggage that always claws itself out. Im tired of the emotional irrationality, I need somebody who can carry conversations with without things being misconstrued or hidden because of emotional bullshit.

I have come to the conclusion that a feeler cannot play the role of my cornerstone. Time and time again they have proven to break under any stress in the relationship.

Friends? Fuck yeah, NFs are the beeest support system as friends. But it's just too flimsy for me now. All passion and fury, and it just gets blinding.

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
I guess when you love someone you take all their faults and not cringe once
You take them for who they are..the bad and the good
I think when you love someone don't care about their faults and love them just as much
But, I believe, that truest love is giving your all for that person
Giving your life for them and not thinking twice
That is love
Truest love...I want that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Romantic love definitely does exist. I'd listen to Helen Fisher's Ted Talk (it's also on Netflix!) about the subject. You just need to meet the person that complements your personality, and you will be naturally drawn to them!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Love is a word, like God, that was used to label something amazing a long time ago. Now, due to people using it for their own agendas, it doesn't mean the same thing anymore.
People said the word over and over, until the sound of it made no impact on your ears.
People attached rules to it that never existed, made it empty ritual and extremely trivial. People anchored it to the material world and turned it into a prize, something to own like a trophy. Some people used it as a tool, a means to gain less subtle things, others lost all concept of it completely having only ever heard the word on the label and never seen what the label was supposed to help you find.

Now you can just go through the motions and the rest of the tribe will accept you, because they are doing the same. This is what the important ones sing about, this is what the people in the stories do. People have invested a lot in this label, everything in fact. If they ever see the real thing they wouldn't know what it is. If you tried to show it to them they'd stop you, with more passion and effort than they've ever shown anything else.

The two words have such similar stories because in truth they are the exact same thing. When that thing is expressed in different parts of the universe then it is appropriate to use different labels to describe them. Love is the universal harmony between the living, God is the life in the universal harmony. One Universe, one God, one Life and one Love.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Romantic love definitely does exist. I'd listen to Helen Fisher's Ted Talk (it's also on Netflix!) about the subject. You just need to meet the person that complements your personality, and you will be naturally drawn to them!
Never heard of her, must look it up! *crappy phone nexflix app makes her throw phone*. Well i guess ill be looking this up at home

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Love is a word, like God, that was used to label something amazing a long time ago. Now, due to people using it for their own agendas, it doesn't mean the same thing anymore.
People said the word over and over, until the sound of it made no impact on your ears.
People attached rules to it that never existed, made it empty ritual and extremely trivial. People anchored it to the material world and turned it into a prize, something to own like a trophy. Some people used it as a tool, a means to gain less subtle things, others lost all concept of it completely having only ever heard the word on the label and never seen what the label was supposed to help you find.

Now you can just go through the motions and the rest of the tribe will accept you, because they are doing the same. This is what the important ones sing about, this is what the people in the stories do. People have invested a lot in this label, everything in fact. If they ever see the real thing they wouldn't know what it is. If you tried to show it to them they'd stop you, with more passion and effort than they've ever shown anything else.

The two words have such similar stories because in truth they are the exact same thing. When that thing is expressed in different parts of the universe then it is appropriate to use different labels to describe them. Love is the universal harmony between the living, God is the life in the universal harmony. One Universe, one God, one Life and one Love.
I feel like i need to clap or go hug someone after reading this.

Thanks for sharing! =D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm not sure that true romantic love is possible in the current era of selfishness. I think it's been rare through the ages, but I'd say it's almost an endangered species at this point in time. Over the past 30 years, most kids have been raised to believe that they're Heaven's little miracles, demigods in Keds. The end result of this is a cohort of adults who largely think that their sh*t doesn't stink. Hard to have deep engagement with someone who loves herself more than she could ever love anyone else.

I've loved other people with total abandon, but they never reciprocated in kind. Things always seem very conditional with relationships. There's always this overt sense that if you don't adhere to a strict standard of behavior then the other person is going to walk away to look for a better deal. This is reason #1 that I'll probably never get married. I just don't see how it's a good idea to get involved with someone 'til death do we part' when I don't feel that deep sense of commitment and love from the other person.

Rant over.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts