Monsieur Melancholy· Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monsieur Melancholy proudly presents...
Welcome to The Greatest Musical Act of All Time voting tournament!
This tournament will effectively decide the greatest musical act of all time, as voted on by YOU, the members of Personality Cafe!
This thread will host all the nominations. My goal is to get 64, but if for some reason we cannot reach that number, we'll settle on 32.
Very basic rules/guidelines for the tournament:
- One nomination per poster. This way the most possible people have a chance to participate, and you can stick by your single nomination and encourage other users to vote for your personal selection as the Greatest Musical Act of All Time. In each poll, I will endeavor to mention your name alongside the musical act you have nominated. If your act wins the tournament, you will receive appropriate acclaim.
- Once 64 nominations have been reached (or otherwise, see above), the nominating period will be over and the brackets will be created.
- Each week, depending on how things go, I'll try to post two, maybe four polls for voting. Each poll will be open for exactly seven days, which should be enough time for everyone to get their votes in.
- As host of this tournament, I will NOT be personally voting, UNLESS there is a tie in a poll. In this event, I'll make the deciding vote.
- All known acts in the history of music in all genres are eligible to be nominated. This includes both groups and solo artists.
Any questions, feel free to ask in this thread or PM me!
And now, without further adieu, let the nominations BEGIN!
Have fun, everyone. :happy:
Perhaps this thread can be stickied? Just a suggestion/request.