Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pain may be physical, emotional or psychological. This pain may have made you stronger or this pain may have ruined you, your ideas, your trust, your being, or your body. This pain is something you can't ever forget, you continue to remember it as a remembrance and as a brand of torture, or a brand of strength. It may have hurt you or had damaged you beyond repair, or it may have been the thing that made the you right now possible. It may also be physical, an accident you have ever felt, or the lost of a loved one or a lost of an idea or thought that had been your pillar or it may also be a betrayal of a trust. Its special to you and only you might have understood this pain.

Reactions: Signed Yours Truly

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had my little finger crushed in a doorway, hand was on the same side as the hinges (door shutting => lever force => pain). Nail fell off.

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Emotionally and psychologically, there are way too many extremely painful experiences, in my life, to pick from. It's tough and not something I like to get into;)

I have had some severe (not life-threatening) injuries (mostly thanks to accident prone-ness), but it hurt most when an older cousin hit me across the face, full force, with a very heavy encyclopedia. It hurt a lot more than my broken bones, for some reason. It cut my mouth (got over 20 stitches). I could neither eat nor speak, without experiencing unbearable pain, for several weeks. I was about 12, at the time.

I can't stand being hit near the face, so I was beyond infuriated. I grabbed him by his hair and bashed his face in the wall, more times than I can remember. It wasn't a pretty sight. Now that we're all grown up, we're the best of friends. We had, actually, made up by the next day lol. Physically, though, it stands as the most painful experience till date.

My periods are also quite painful, but the severity of the pain leaves me feeling so exhausted, cold and numb that I end up falling into a deep sleep. Sleep..thank goodness for sleep.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
The single and second worst moments of my life were separated by mere hours. Worst was having to tell my young children their father had passed unexpectedly early during the night (had cancer, but was not terminal, yet). You spend SO much effort lifting your kids up, protecting them. For me, the one they trusted more than anyone, to be the one to destroy their world was too devastating for words.

The second worst moment was holding my beloved mate/best friend's hand as he surprisingly breathed his last. I will never be the same, no matter how much time passes or healing occurs. Both events forever changed me.

I've suffered physical pain - migraines that make me pass out from their severity, back labor (baby's skull crushing my spinal nerves), crushed finger, and auto accident. No physical pain has even remotely compared to the emotional crippling that loss, and it's subsequent sequelae have dished out. I sure hope that the worst is behind us.

I would have it that none of you have to experience such for yourselves - I would wish such pain on no one.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I was beaten up by a gigantic chunk of my old friends in hollywood, I got chased through the strip and into an alleyway, people thought it was a film, it wasn't. I literally clawed my way into another friend's car to a hospital.

Needless to say, it was the first time I genuinely felt something, it was a mixture of all emotions, and I just wanted to smash everyone's heads with a frigging wrecking ball while laughing and crying and sparta-kicking all at the same time.

Did I mention the group was led by my psycho-ex, while both my other exes were part of the group, but they "swore they weren't hitting me". Pfft.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@Zster
That was very difficult to read. I admire your courage. My father died of cancer when I was 10. I was sitting right beside him when he breathed his last. That moment will remain forever etched on my mind. He looked so peaceful, and I remember touching his face and feeling such deep gratitude that he had been freed from the unbearable pain he was in. He fought bravely, but death was his release, and I knew it. I was glad he left when he did. His death changed me. My childhood lived and died with him. I will never love anyone the way I loved him. He was my heart, my soul.

I have escaped a few bomb blasts and seen dead children (well their body parts), and it's the worst thing anyone can witness. It. I will stop now.

But, thank you for sharing:) I wish you and your children the very best of what life has to offer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Physically, it's between getting jumped in grammar school or taking a fall down the stairs. I suffered minor cuts and bruises from both of those experiences.
Emotionally, is when my grandmother died because I felt that I was never there for her.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
My mother being a batshit psycho and nearly ruining me, and then dying suddenly in such a way that made me feel I was finally free of her yet guilty for feeling that, and at the same time causing me to feel loss for a person that had me so screwed up that I almost didn't make it in life.

Nearly lost my mind from the nightmares that she was still alive and that it wasn't over. I'd wake up feeling terrible that seeing her alive caused me to feel dread rather than happiness.

·
Banned
14 Posts
As far as physical is concerned, I haven't really had anything too bad yet. Although, there were a series of events in 2010 that broke me down and made me stronger. I can't even begin to articulate the horror. I now have PTSD. I still hear the screams....

·
Banned
493 Posts
Physically... a girl broke my thumb when we were playing soccer. I was daydreaming in the field and for some odd reason my hand was... raised up in the air. She was butch and she had some mean kicks, so the ball literally made my thumb go *crack*. I was in 3rd grade.

Psychologically, the death of my grandma and being separated from my mother when I was a lil' girl. And now, my friend is dying from cystic fibrosis.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The greatest pain you had ever felt
..When I finally realized from my experience that the world is not a paradise.

Reactions: okaydrifter

·
Banned
738 Posts
Physically, it was when a cinder block fell on my hand. I lost 3 nails, but only after the doctor used a hot needle to poke holes in them to let the blood out. Emotionally...I'd rather keep those memories repressed lol.

2,781 Posts
My greatest pain that I had ever felt was the day I lost my oldest child. She died in a house fire at my ex's house. Ten years have passed since that day and not a day goes by that I don’t miss her.

There are no words to describe the pain of losing a child. It was the hardest thing I had to ever go through in my life. It changes your life forever. And you never get over the loss...you learn how to live with it. You find the strength to move forward and the peace to ease the pain. And you remember the good memories and you take them with you on this journey without them. And you learn that even though they are not present with us on this earth...they will always be with us in our memories and in our hearts.

My heart goes out to all of you that have lost loved ones.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have nerve damage in my hand that's adequately painful. I get migraines that dwarf all other physical pain I feel or have felt.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My mother sometimes hated me.

She would pent up frustration and fear and shame, and at some point, I would either give her a reason to vent it on me, or she would find one herself. When that happened, she would not speak to me for days, treating me like I was something disgusting that she desperately wanted to avoid, while she was friendly with everyone else. All my crying and pleading did not move her in the least.

Later, my issues from childhood translated into some problems during university. I was afraid of professors, and late in registering for exams. My parents pressured me, so I started lying to them to take some pressure off me. It all blew up one day, and I was summoned before my parents to explain. I told them I had some psychological problems, but had already applied for therapy and wanted to work on them.
My mother told me how horrible this was for her, that she couldn't sleep at night because she was so worried about me, how ashamed she would be if I didn't find a job, and that she didn't know what to tell our family or our coworkers.
My father told me that he had lived through the same thing and knew exactly what I had to do. He told me I was unable to see reality anymore, and that therefore he could get legal authority over me, as every psychiatrist would affirm that I was totally messed up. Then he could force me to come live with them again and start working. He told me that if I didn't fix this problem immediately, I would end up jobless.
That evening destroyed my last bit of confidence in my parents. They treated me like a puppet. They thought they only had to pull at the right strings and I would do what they wanted. They did not care about what I wanted in the least, and didn't listen to anything I said. The worst thing, however, was how guilty I felt for letting it come to this.

While the former instances were symptoms of my corruption through my parents, the latter event was actually the beginning of my healing. It was the beginning of breaking away from the power my parents held over me. Long as it took and painful as it was, I am now more free than I have ever been before.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Physical - breaking my leg, probably.

Emotional - my dad dying and only seeing him one time in three years before he did (he was an alcoholic, so my mum gave my sister and I the choice of seeing him or not. I only worked up the courage at the last minute, but I regret I didn't see him before).

1 - 20 of 70 Posts