Personality Cafe banner

5921 - 5940 of 5971 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I realise how materialistic this'll sound but I don't care, I'm a game collector and I care a buttload about the games I have, there's a game called Panzer Dragoon Saga which is one of the most sought-after games there are, it's considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games ever made and because of bad timing with its release there are only about 9000 English language copies in existence, about 8000 in America and only about 1000 here in Europe, so naturally the thing is hard to get and sells for some pretty astronomical prices. And given that there are only 1000 copies here, the box is easy to damage, the people who first bought it didn't know what they were getting their hands on and wouldn't have taken great care of it, and that 21 years have passed since it came out, good condition copies of the game are like sasquatch.

The average price it sells for here is ~£350-£400 and a couple years back I swiped a copy on eBay for about £180 in a bidding war, when it turned up it turned out to be in such good condition I couldn't believe it, the outer box was/is near pefect minus a few very minor scuffs and all the inner boxes, manuals and discs were like new. I finally got round to finishing the game the other day (fantastic game) and since I was in the zone I decided to look more closely at the eBay listings just now, turns out those £350-£400 copies I've been seeing are pretty beaten up, one has half the side of its outer box ripped off, some have creased outer boxes or manuals or blotchy discs. The most expensive non-sealed one I can see right now is for £500 and the outer box on that one is pretty bashed up. I can only imagine how much my copy is worth, almost perfect nick, and I got the thing for £180. I'm so giddy rn. My treasure. I need to find a better place to store it. Happy boi. It really is a great game, too. It feels lonely knowing so few other people have had the chance to play it. If you like games with good stories and you ever find yourself with the chance to you really should play it. Maybe emulate it if you can get it to work.
Omg Panzer Dragoon! I used to play that on a demo disc. I love the 'Forest of Taboo' soundtrack!

This is so nostalgic. This is the demo disc I used to have. My siblings and I used to play Nights, Baku Baku Animal and Panzer Dragoon.

Reactions: 74893H

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Omg Panzer Dragoon! I used to play that on a demo disc. I love the 'Forest of Taboo' soundtrack!

This is so nostalgic. This is the demo disc I used to have. My siblings and I used to play Nights, Baku Baku Animal and Panzer Dragoon.
Right?! Panzer Dragoon is amazing, it's a crime against all that's good in this world that it's been so forgotten. Every game in the series is fantastic, and it's got such an interesting world and premise. You should play the full games if you can, they're so so so good. Saga's the only one that's hard to get.

Here's a great one from the first game:

And among the few lucky enough to hear it the credits theme for Saga has become legendary:

(Saga's a JRPG rather than a rail shooter like the others, if you didn't know)

Reactions: Eren Jaegerbomb

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Getting more work as a tutor now. Pre-quarantine I was looking to make that change in my career; less subbing more tutoring, and by coincidence that's what I'm doing now. It's all online now of course. Figuring out the technology provided a lot of anxiety but now that I'm familiar with it, it's pretty easy work now.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It makes my heart feel so warm and happy when one of the guys I like likes my selfie. ^^;
Like I dont even know how to react.
He notices me, and not just ME, but my old lady pictures too. Lol.
His 1 like is as valuable to me as if I had a 1000 likes. I feel lucky, even though I have a boyfriend already, and for all I know he could have a girlfriend.
Its weird that someone like him could like being friends with me and engage with me in the deep kind of discussions I like and make me laugh and blush and just generally feel appreciated.
I dont know what to do with this feeling. I dont think I take it too seriously. He doesnt even live here anymore and I have a boyfriend, but like.. I dunno. I just really enjoy his friendship, more than he probably knows.

I think I come across as standoffish and hard to talk to, lol, because I always get confused when he wants to talk to me, or Im so seriously deep in thought, I like.. I dunno.. probably act selfish and make the conversation about my thoughts and ideas and not his.

Lol. To be honest I almost deleted him from my friendslist one time because I thought he did cocaine, but the more I noticed what he posts, the more I realized he just has an interesting sense of humor. x3

Ive apparently met him before, hes a friend of my brother.. but he remembered me and asked about me. Then I added him to my facebook thinking he was someone else.
Im so happy I did. ^_^

Leos will be my downfall someday, I swear! And a sweet, intense, inferno of a downfall at that. The absolute misery that follows will be worth every moment I got to savor.

Theres a certain sacredness to the way I feel about him. I dont want to put it into too many words.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've been playing Crazy Taxi 3 and I can't believe that I've found a patch that can stop the time when your driving...you can just literally become a taxi driver all day and find little quirks around the place. It's brilliant. It's kind of a "greatest hits" game because you can also play Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 as well. You can even jump the taxi in this version of Crazy Taxi 1, which is really handy too. Best of all, you can add and remove music too. Some idiot decided to load 90s pop tunes on the game....S Club 7? Bloody Steps? Hearsay? NSYNC? Let me find the nearest window to jump out of now. Ugh.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Unintentional consequence from Covid; YouTube views are going way up; a bunch of people subbed. I'd imagine that if YouTube/Twitch was your job, you'd get a bump in income right now. Lotta bored people.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Reactions: Cherry

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Seeing a little girl lying on the grass feeding a duck. It's the most wonderful thing I've seen for the past 7 days. Lovely.

5921 - 5940 of 5971 Posts