Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9s have but two modes: working and not working. It is the heart of the world.

-with 8s and 1s also!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
So.. type 9 is, along with types 8 and 1, part of the gut center, which is about presence in the world. Furthermore, type 9's thingy (nice an' vague, I know) is action vs inaction, though it's not always to be taken literal, as in, physically doing things. It's more about being present with one's actions, feelings and thoughts.

Working and not working though...?? Heart of the world..??? Huh.. Which world?

:confused3::crazy:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoever told you 8,9,1 is the gut centre? Issue a refund or at least a thorough explanation. 891 is raw, blunt, beating, hard-working, pumped, innocent, pure, naive, pushing, well-meaning, doing the dirty work, magnanimous, heroic, indifferent and much more. 891 is the heart centre but that is not the point.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are there multiple worlds? *confused*

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Whoever told you 8,9,1 is the gut centre? Issue a refund or at least a thorough explanation. 891 is raw, blunt, beating, hard-working, pumped, innocent, pure, naive, pushing, well-meaning, doing the dirty work, magnanimous, heroic, indifferent and much more. 891 is the heart centre but that is not the point.
haha what? Have you ever read an enneagram book? 8/9/1 is the gut/anger/body center. 2/3/4 is the heart/shame center.
Also you cant apply all those adjectives to all 3 types in the body center

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you can't (or won't) explain yourself, why would you even start this thread? @Tucken
because I was riding on the breeze and thats how it happened. Having started it my work was done. Explaining things isn't necessary, it isn't the point. It resonates with you or it doesn't and that is enough.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
I understand what he means about 891 being the heart center. I mean, you hear it all the time don't you? People in their daily lives who haven't heard of the enneagram explain their instincts toward action as what their heart wants. People use the word gut SOLELY for that sixth sense explanation. If people talk about why they do actions (like 891 actions) they say that's just what they know in their heart. Furthermore, since 891 types are all about justice in their own ways, that only reinforces the "heart" description. "I do what I know in my heart is the right thing to do."

Dont be a dick to him, he has a point. 234 triad isn't really about heart if you think about it. It's about feelings. The gut truly is a better descriptor word for feelings.

Just to emphasize even more how heart = 891, 891 is about action.. The heart symbolizes action as it beats and beats, at different rates and pumping blood to allow you to take action in the first place.

234 is how you feel about yourself! Since when did heart become synonymous with that? Nobody ever says "I have a heart feeling about this." Gut has always been attributed to feelings (well, before we learned about glands and hormones..)

And since 891 is paired with Anger, ever stop to think what happens when you get angry? Physiologically. Your heart beats harder. Anger, if anybody understands it, is not about feelings but about action. You really get angry in your gut? That's where it comes from?? I don't think so. Anger comes from your being. Your heart.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Stelliferous ^The 234 triad is the body-sex triad. It is the physical triad. Appearances, display, mating, relations and more typically physical motor functions and facial expressions. It has nothing to do with heart, but people think sex is heart, people think sex is love, people think smiles means feelings when they are rather or relatively fake things. "Wearing your heart on your sleeve". The world has everything backwards, oh uhh what to do...not my problem much!

the head centre is apt, though.

real heart has people uncomfortable. No-expression. Silence. Violent emotions, volatile behaviour, anarchy. It expresses itself, and ignores, it doesnt know sympathy or conniving thinking. Its pure energy that must be restrained, or channeled.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Guys, the question is here, are we speaking Ennea-speak, or English? In Ennea-speak, 234 is the heart triad; "heart" is just a label. You can't argue with that, its just the way it is.

As for debating what the triads are REALLY about.... that's an entirely different matter.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@Stelliferous ^The 234 triad is the body-sex triad. It is the physical triad. Appearances, display, mating, relations and more typically physical motor functions and facial expressions. It has nothing to do with heart, but people think sex is heart, people think sex is love, people think smiles means feelings when they are rather or relatively fake things. "Wearing your heart on your sleeve". The world has everything backwards, oh uhh what to do...not my problem much!
Then 567 is the 'bacon and eggs triad'. Why? Because not getting them in the morning makes me all anxious! The horror!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts