Personality Cafe banner

Must everyone be typed?

• Yes, it’s absolutely imperative to type everyone you encounter.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I've typed all my friends and family.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I've typed myself and a couple others

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • What type am I?

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well this may not be a popular view in a personality type forum but it seems like quite a few here type everyone they encounter in their lives down to the clerk at the local grocery store. Maybe it's my inherent laziness from being an INTP but I've typed my wife and my daughter, beyond that it's a waste of my time and just seems a tad weird. No offense, whatever floats your boat. Am I the only one who finds it a bit anal retentive?

Reactions: lib

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Saying it's anal retentive kinda depends on why you'd be typing the person. I just do it for fun and because I like to watch people(yes, I am a creep) and trying to figure out why they do things. Plus, if I can type them, they may give me a better understanding of typology.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I try to type as many people as I can.
If someone is in my presence, I want to know what they are.
My curiosity is legendary.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I've typed myself and a couple of others.
The whole idea of typing others in my proximity as well as famous living/dead people and characters in movies and books is quite new to me. It started with watching INTJ videos on You Tube with characters like WALL-E and Amelie. I'm still a novice but the idea is very exciting!
I'm surprised this poll thread only had 2 posts and 11 votes. Compared to all the nonsense I've been voting on this actually makes sense to me. Hope it'll get more attention when I kick it from page 7 to page 1! :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts