Personality Cafe banner

When was the last time you hugged someone/they hugged you?

• Today

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • This week

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Last Week

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • 2-3 Weeks ago

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 3+ weeks ago

Votes: 11 23.4%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last time you received a hug or hugged someone? Do you remember the date?

In terms of most recent, I'm sure someone on here will say today, or even 5 minutes ago. But who will be the longest?

...Can you beat ~3.5 weeks ago?

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Not since I was in Brisbane so just over a month ago (Is not a social hugger XD)

Reactions: Jwing24

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
If e-hugs counted, I'm pretty sure I'd have a minute-to-minute basis. :laughing:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Last time I hugged my significant other: 2 day ago (last time we saw each other)
Last time I hugged someone other than my SO: 3+ weeks ago
Last time I initiated a hug (not counting my SO): ...No recollection. >___>

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got a hug on saturday when meeting an old friend. Haven't socialized since that. :p

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
this thread makes me sad...for those of you who haven't had a hug in a while :(
*hugs all of you*

friendly touch can be so therapeutic...it's sad that some cultures are so deficient in it. it's been demonstrated scientifically that affectionate touch helps human babies to develop normally ~ such is the power of touch.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=infant-touch

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=orphaned-babies-show-horm

hugs literally affect our body chemistry. (desired) social physical contact causes a release of oxytocin...which has a calming, stress-relieving effect on the body, as well as inducing emotional bonding. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
this thread makes me sad...for those of you who haven't had a hug in a while :(
*hugs all of you*

friendly touch can be so therapeutic...it's sad that some cultures are so deficient in it. it's been demonstrated scientifically that affectionate touch helps human babies to develop normally ~ such is the power of touch.

How Important Is Physical Contact with Your Infant?: Scientific American

Orphaned Babies Show Hormone Disruption Years after Adoption: Scientific American

hugs literally affect our body chemistry. (desired) social physical contact causes a release of oxytocin...which has a calming, stress-relieving effect on the body, as well as inducing emotional bonding. :)
Thank you for bringing this up...when I say that I miss being touched (or touching) the most, it is completely misunderstood! I'm still trying to figure out how to say this without sounding like I'm wanting just that misunderstanding... geesh! Heck, even if, I had a cat to pet...that would help! I can't believe I'm sitting here saying all this, but human connection is more than just the connection of the mind! Just as within our own self, our mind connects with our body and heart...

Oh, yeah, the last hug I received was yesterday afternoon...my grandson. I will be leaving today where they live and going to another state where I live, so I'll receive some more hugs this afternoon. I'm fortunate, I know. Yet for me, this is bittersweet... It will be months before I see this part of my family again. This is why I needed umpteen hugs in the other thread...to help ease the bitter end of the bittersweet. I live with my sister and her husband and they aren't huggers, what-so-ever! But, my sister will hug if I ask.

Hugs to all! ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I hugged my husband this morning before I left...

But this thread is bringing me to the verge of tears!!! I want to hug all of you! :( :(

Anecdote:
When I was sixteen, my boyfriend and I broke up. He was the only person in my life who was physical with me at all- my mom and dad never were very touchy (especially my mom), and my best friend and I talked a lot but never hugged. It was awkward, for some reason.
After we broke up, I went a couple of weeks without anyone hugging me, and it was horrible...I logged in my journal how long it had been since someone had even touched me. It got to the point where I began hugging pillows...or just hugging myself. (SO pathetic and sad!)

The good part of the story is that my boyfriend and I got back together and now he is my husband. :)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I need to be really close to someone in order to feel comfortable making any kind of physical contact with them, but I hugged one of my best friends today =) She's really short so she's fun to squeeze and bear hug!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
^ Haha, I've got a friend like that (maybe an acquaintance, these days). She is so small! And she's got such a squeezable personality.

·
Registered
145 Posts
3 weeks ago
the everyday part was my cat ^^

1 - 20 of 29 Posts