Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
This might help <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Hunger_Games_trilogy>

I believe that Beetee and Wiress are xNTx and Snow is a ExTJ sadly enough book characters often have a mixture of several personalities, thus no book character can be described as the archetype of a personality type.

@bookwormbella: your guesses seem to be accurate

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadn't gone thru all th three books when i made this thread, now tht i have i can see tht your guesses are pretty accurate....Thanks fr replying! =)
(though I still don't think Cinna's INFP, but there's not enough description abt him :/ anyway Thanks again...)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hadn't gone thru all th three books when i made this thread, now tht i have i can see tht your guesses are pretty accurate....Thanks fr replying! =)
(though I still don't think Cinna's INFP, but there's not enough description abt him :/ anyway Thanks again...)
Yeah Cinna isn't given enough book time. I do feel he's an NF. I adored his character and got choked up during book two. Poor Cinna.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Cinna isn't given enough book time. I do feel he's an NF. I adored his character and got choked up during book two. Poor Cinna.
I loved him too =(
and even though he wasn't given enough time, he did have a strong presence cuz of his character......I feel like I want to know more abt him...lol I know he's just a character but :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Hunger Games trilogy?

The Hunger Games has placed itself in my top five faaaaaaaavorite books of all time! The only thing I didn't like about the book was how there were a lot of character stereotypes. Other than that, it was a fantastic read and I would reccomend it to... the world. :D

To those of you who HAVE read the book, what personality types do you think characters like Peeta and Katniss have?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh I soooo love the books. I've read all 3 of them in a rush. I'd say those books definitely made the year 2010 a whole lot better.

I'm new to this whole personality-type thing so I don't really know how to type other people, but I'd say Peeta and Katniss are both rather F's than T's. (I could be wrong though as mentioned before)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, Katniss is definitely an I and Peeta is an E. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Katniss: ISTP
Peeta: xNFP
Gale: INTJ (can't really see him as an extrovert)
Cinna: INFP
Rue: INFP
Haymitch: xNTP (most likely introverted, though)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Am I the only one who's getting vibes that Katniss is an INTJ?
As for the others:
Peeta: ENFP
Gale: ENTJ
Cinna: INFJ
Rue: INFP
Prim: INFJ (<-- seems like somebody who would have become more J upon growing older)
Haymitch: ENTP/J
Snow - ESTJ

In both Gale's and Haymitch's cases, removing them from the context and into a more normal novel, they certainly come off as ENTP/ENTJ-ish. Haymitch most probably would've been one of those classical 'introverted extrovert' ENTPs.

From the sequels:
Finnick - ENTP (<--- I love him to bits: ENTP relating to ENTP?)
Annie - IxFP
Beetee - INTP

I'm obsessed with typing fictional characters xD Being a writer myself, MBTI has helped a lot in character shaping. I don't agree that book characters seem to have a mixture of personalities, though. From what I've read, most characters seem like they can be attributed to a certain type, but when they start acting like another, that's when the reader starts to feel as if the character is 'unrealistic' or 'acting unlike himself/herself'. A perfect example would be the classical ESTP-bad-boy-suddenly-turned-to-super-compassionate-ENFx-overnight in bad chicklit. Or stoic-tomboy-INTJ-good-girl-suddenly-turned-into-a-giggly-ESFP-ditz. Not to say that everybody who has those personality types has to be like their stereotype, but the sudden change often seems unnatural since they're literally turned into another personality stereotype overnight.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Katniss, an F? I see her as a T. xD

Katniss: INTP
Peeta: ESFJ? I'm not entirely certain. EXFX for sure. Whatever he is, I love the boy with the bread to death.

I love the books, but the last one was so chilling. I feel all broken up over it D8 Ah, that's the mark of good writing, I suppose.

Reactions: Deanna

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here are my guesses:

Katniss - ISTP
Peeta - ESFP*
Gale - INTP
Cinna - INTP*
Prim - INFP
Finnick - ESTP
Haymitch - INTP
Snow - xNTJ
Johanna - ISTP

*characters I have trouble with.
Peeta - kind of N-like in his ability to strategize by playing off of people's emotions, but that could also just be his F. I'm also not entirely sure he's a P.
Cinna - I think he's a compassionate T. He holds himself together and plays off of other people's emotions.

I know there are a lot of T's on my list, but I think the situations in the books just lend themselves more to T's. I would guess that there are very few F victors in the games.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't believe any of the characters can be typed properly. When the plot called for it the characters were logical, when it called for feeling, they used feeling. None of the characters were solid and consistent.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
^Eh, maybe. The situations could potentially be enough to change people.. but I'd say Katniss at least was a consistent T, and Peeta was a consistent F. The rest weren't as fleshed out.

Katniss: IXTP - probably ISTP, but I wonder about N/S based on her and [H mentor drunk whose name I forgot] communicating through gifts xD
Peeta: EXFX - probably ESFP, but sometimes I think ENFJ..
Gale: ENTJ

1 - 20 of 396 Posts