Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the title doesn't say it all, I suppose I should elaborate. ENTPs being the natural charmers that they are typically seem light hearted, joking and in a good mood. On the surface we seem as if we typically like everyone unless We voice otherwise.

Recently I was i. A very good mood, things have been going very well with my girlfrend whem her ex decided it would be cute to start trying to flirt with her again. He was all up in face, hugging him from behind while pretend choking her and just messing around...that was, until I got fed up with it. When he went up to talk to her again, I stepped next to her with the most serious stoneface I've ever had and took him to the side. I said word for word: "Get the fuck off of her, she's making you feel uncomfortable. You're also embarrassing me by making it seem as if I let people do things with my girl friend." Of course he thought I was joking at first and cracked a few bros before hoes jokes.

Wrong move. I got pissed. I didn't yell or anything, I just went "If I catch you flirting with her again, I'm sure we'll be back here again, and it won't look good for you. At all." After that, I walked off feeling very annoyed but at the same time, alive in a way.

So what about you guys? Any stories of people underestimating your ability to be serious? The frustration. Of it until they realize that your serious and all that respect you've instilled in them shows? Doesn't it make you feel alive? Or good?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've been told it takes a lot to get me to my breaking point, but I have frequent mini-episodes of annoyed behavior. Hell, if I don't work to process things I am not happy with (ie things I can't change because of others around me), I blow up eventually.

I don't think I've been to the point where someone pisses me off to where I lay out the brutal truth of the situation, firing all of their obvious personality flaws at them like a 1930's mobster firing a tommy gun at the hip.

Although when annoyed, I have a sick desire to say the obvious to make people feel awkward - such as telling some schmuck attempting to woo a woman that "he is terrible at flirting. look how bored this poor girl is." I then maneuver my way into his seat and get to work. Depends on what annoys me.

I mean I'm sure it's probably happened, but I don't tend to impress those moments on my memory, let alone notice them while I'm doing them; so I probably wouldn't remember even if I did. Like I said - probably doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If the title doesn't say it all, I suppose I should elaborate. ENTPs being the natural charmers that they are typically seem light hearted, joking and in a good mood. On the surface we seem as if we typically like everyone unless We voice otherwise.

Recently I was i. A very good mood, things have been going very well with my girlfrend whem her ex decided it would be cute to start trying to flirt with her again. He was all up in face, hugging him from behind while pretend choking her and just messing around...that was, until I got fed up with it. When he went up to talk to her again, I stepped next to her with the most serious stoneface I've ever had and took him to the side. I said word for word: "Get the fuck off of her, she's making you feel uncomfortable. You're also embarrassing me by making it seem as if I let people do things with my girl friend." Of course he thought I was joking at first and cracked a few bros before hoes jokes.

Wrong move. I got pissed. I didn't yell or anything, I just went "If I catch you flirting with her again, I'm sure we'll be back here again, and it won't look good for you. At all." After that, I walked off feeling very annoyed but at the same time, alive in a way.

So what about you guys? Any stories of people underestimating your ability to be serious? The frustration. Of it until they realize that your serious and all that respect you've instilled in them shows? Doesn't it make you feel alive? Or good?
This whole situation sounds messed up and your post is confusing. But it seems that part of this is jealousy. If she's hugging him from behind then that says something too.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Oh yeah. All the time. I found out from someone I trust that I was seen as deeply intimidating at work years ago. I don't remember being much more than serious and direct. People don't expect it from me.

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts

Recently I was i. A very good mood, things have been going very well with my girlfrend whem her ex decided it would be cute to start trying to flirt with her again. He was all up in face, hugging him from behind

o.o she hugged him? o_O in FRONT of you? uh oh red flag

oh I know how it feels when people don't take you seriously. When I'm super passionate about something, or sticking up for something I believe in, my family passively wave it by and I feel that they don't take me/my emotions at all seriously.

a situation? hmm....it happens a lot with my family, but i can't really pinpoint anything specific. I'll look for it during the next few weeks though...see if i catch any patterns.

when someone takes me seriously i feel like they're truly respecting me, taking my word for something important.
:)

good luck with your situation! Hope it turns out alright ^_^

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had a buddy (was actually the GF's buddy who became a buddy of mine too), who got real touchy feely when he was drunk .... like REALLY bad. He was gay, but when he got wasted he'd feel up a spruce tree if it was in arms reach. One time he took a step, arms stretched out towards my GF just about her chest level. He had that look in his eyes. I snapped at him "Brandon ... I love you man ... but if you take one more step forward I'm going to break both of your hands ... and you know me well enough to know I can do that without feeling bad at all" .... he backed off and I never had issues again :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o.o she hugged him? o_O in FRONT of you? uh oh red flag

oh I know how it feels when people don't take you seriously. When I'm super passionate about something, or sticking up for something I believe in, my family passively wave it by and I feel that they don't take me/my emotions at all seriously.

a situation? hmm....it happens a lot with my family, but i can't really pinpoint anything specific. I'll look for it during the next few weeks though...see if i catch any patterns.

when someone takes me seriously i feel like they're truly respecting me, taking my word for something important.
:)

good luck with your situation! Hope it turns out alright ^_^
Ah, that was a slight typo, I'm typing on a tablet that has auto correct and it messes up my words sometimes. HE was hugging her from behind.

Reactions: xEmilyx

·
Registered
72 Posts
· So ENTP's what would you say is your basic underlying attitude about life? (i.e. “Things will usually turn out all right,” or “They’re all out for themselves,” or “it’s best to expect nothing because then you won’t be disappointed,” etc.)?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
· So ENTP's what would you say is your basic underlying attitude about life? (i.e. “Things will usually turn out all right,” or “They’re all out for themselves,” or “it’s best to expect nothing because then you won’t be disappointed,” etc.)?
Why is this on this thread :tongue:

"If things dont turn out alright by themselves, I'll make them."
ENTPs tend to be optimistic.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts