Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting close to 1:00 A.M. here, I know that I need to be up early tomorrow (like 5:00 A.M. early), and I feel tired and still a little bit of jetlag. I know I will feel like crap tomorrow and probably be completely beat by the end of the day....

Yet here I am, still up, because I need to practice on my guitar in order to get back to where I was before I left on my vacation. Also I need to catch up on my PerC usage and talk with my new friend, although she just recently went to bed so that particular excuse has worn thin.

My fellow INTP's: what are some of the lies that you tell yourselves to justify a nearly self-destructive refusal to go to sleep, even when you know that you should? Let's start a list.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's 3:00 AM here and I'm still up because there's still things to do on the internet.
lol, you must be on the East Coast... its 3:00 AM here too...
I'm watching Kill Bill: Vol. 1, and I don't even know why because it is so stupid.

Insomnia, its an INTP thing.
Yes, we are tired, but that is not a good enough reason to sleep.

·
Registered
Justice for old perc
3,083 Posts
  • Because when else would I worry and ruminate over the stressors in my life?
  • Because I love and hate that dragging my ass through the day feel
  • Because the Internet is more interesting than my dreams lately
  • Because being tired doesn't necessarily mean I'll sleep

·
Banned
2,728 Posts
Im still up because of increased dopamine due to my selegiline dose.. 5htp is about to kick in and Ill be good, but yeah, the damn computer owns me.. 3 monitors and a room designed to absorb information along with paul van dyke and lduk pumpin keeps me in the fuckin zone....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well it's 08:30 here at the moment but I've been up all night trying to revising for a biology exam that I have in half an hour. I spent most of the night watching Russell Brand.

Screw uni.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Because I'm watching videos of people playing games on youtube and listening to podcasts.

P.S - Anyone played Frozen Synapse?

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Because I had to finish that Tropico 4 mission since I had decided I wanted to play. I think that's one of few times when my J becomes super-apparent if I must make a list of prorities of what I want to do but I keep stalling because of internet lawl.

I finally decided to go to bed at 4 AM, but then I realized I should probably eat so I won't wake up at 8 and be very hungry so I did that, and then I spent an awful lot thinking about everything and my cat went meow meow wanna sleep with you and oh yeah I also spent a lot of time playing with them before I went to bed. I don't know why I do that. I should play with them during the day, not before I go to bed damnit! Although I guess it's a decent way of removing stimuli since it's only you, the toy and two cats. Reduces brain activity?

Well, playing with them is relaxing.

So I suppose I didn't really fall asleep until at least 5.30?! Good thing it's midsummer's day today so the day is off. In case you have yet to engage the Swedish midsummer ritual, I felt like sharing with you:

And no, I've never understood why we do this although nowadays I think they mostly occur if it's celebrated at large public places rather than private. I haven't done this since I was a kid.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well I'm not going to sleep now because I just woke up!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one with sleep issues. I mean, I sleep fine but I hate sleeping. And it's not like I have anything better to do, but I just feel like maybe there is something else I could do, I don't want to accept that the day is over. Plus I always feel more energized at night than I do during the day so it just sucks.

Not to mention there is 72 hours of youtube videos uploaded every minute, how else am I supposed to catch up?? lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Me on a typical night:

I'll sleep once I read this article about children behaviour and it's relationship to genetics, oh hey this article lead to the social and criminal behaviours. Let me finish it. This is so fascinating, I wonder how an investigator would apply these theories. Lemme search it up on youtube. Wow, what's that? Did someone just video tape evidence of alien life? Oh damn ... It's just a fake, you can tell by it's angles and reactions. To be honest alien life is really possible, I mean there's so many billions of stars out there, most with planets. There's a high chance of it maintaining life. Oh yeah, I wonder how the development of the Europa alien life research project is going, lemme search up the website... Oh wait, I was supposed to read stuff on crimology am I not? Lemme open everything then ...

[In a blink of an eye, which is around 4 hours later]

OH SHIT. I NEED TO SLEEP!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
after passing a certain point... it starts to feel good ... a bit of a high really.

Feeling ever so more open to flowing rivers of information and interactive entertainment... and besides it'll wake the dogs, which will send chaos through the entire flat and really, do I want to deal with that... 'sides, if I'm feeling a little sleepy here... I'll just wake up by the time I move my flat arse over to the mat.

after a while longer ... *smirggle* richard has a thumb and sometimes it's a bunny, hop hop hop, infomercials... ugh, why would people actually buy that stuff... I wonder if it comes in black. Are there laws against any of these products ending in some other number than 95... You know, I've been cruising another site for several hours before I realized they had an option in english. Putting my exercise cycle here was probably a bad idea... I don't recall how many hours I've been cycling, I don't feel my legs anymore and I can't see to stop... you know, I really wouldn't mind joining a health program that would put me in a temporary coma and exercise my body for a couple months... hell pimp it out to the traveling circus, who cares, as long as I wake up with a decent set of abs rather than just looking pregnant. So I've stopped cycling, put out the dogs, and now the bloody bitches won't stop whining... whine, whine, whine... not like I could sleep now. Does every bloody car need to speed by with their radio blaring at full? -- *twirls epipen* it's been a while since I've used one of these... it's kind of a waste of money, isn't it? I usually avoid it and wait for my shit to clear on its own or head to the hospital... *twirls* pull off blue safety release... swing and firmly push orange tim against outer thigh so it 'clicks' -- that sounds a bit erotic doesn't it? and hold on thigh approx. 10 seconds to deliver... and there kills any hope it might be a good way to get off. I bloody hate search engines... they've fucked it up by simplifying shit again.

.... if I sleep now, clown will eat me... or I might die with that feeling of an aneurysm bout to go off in my head... if I'm awake I could at least shout out some final wishes, along with some immortal death threats, since they're superstitious sots and keen to do it though still likely to be 'haunted' by me, because they're drunken, superstitious bums... the usual shit, shred a few documents, clean up the post death scat, find some sexy for me to wear for the coroner, hit post quick reply if I didn't quite make it...

·
Registered
158 Posts
It doesn't matter how exhausted tired and groggy I am when drag/fall out of bed in the morning for work I'm wide awake by the time I need to be going to bed. It's so annoying having to force myself to go to sleep when I feel the most alert, even though I may physically tired, I'm mentally wide awake. Coming from a family where everyone else is borderline narcoleptic, if they sit still for more than a few minutes they are fast asleep, I get tired of hearing " just lie down earlier and you will go to sleep earlier".

I recently received a nook glow as a birthday present, downloaded over 800 pages of Friedrich Nietzsche
on the first night, so for the past few weeks that's been helping me pass the time as I lie in bed waiting to fall asleep.

I don't think I would have a sleeping problem if I could sleep on my own natural sleep schedule witch seems to be a consistent pattern of 20-24 hours awake followed by 10-12 hours of sleep (on the rare occasions when I have several days off from work). I wish we could just have 36 hour days instead of just 24.

10 years of a 8am-5pm job has been like sleep torture, I'm seriously considering trying to switch to a job with 12hr night shifts

·
Banned
377 Posts
after passing a certain point... it starts to feel good ... a bit of a high really.

Feeling ever so more open to flowing rivers of information and interactive entertainment... and besides it'll wake the dogs, which will send chaos through the entire flat and really, do I want to deal with that... 'sides, if I'm feeling a little sleepy here... I'll just wake up by the time I move my flat arse over to the mat.

after a while longer ... *smirggle* richard has a thumb and sometimes it's a bunny, hop hop hop, infomercials... ugh, why would people actually buy that stuff... I wonder if it comes in black. Are there laws against any of these products ending in some other number than 95... You know, I've been cruising another site for several hours before I realized they had an option in english. Putting my exercise cycle here was probably a bad idea... I don't recall how many hours I've been cycling, I don't feel my legs anymore and I can't see to stop... you know, I really wouldn't mind joining a health program that would put me in a temporary coma and exercise my body for a couple months... hell pimp it out to the traveling circus, who cares, as long as I wake up with a decent set of abs rather than just looking pregnant. So I've stopped cycling, put out the dogs, and now the bloody bitches won't stop whining... whine, whine, whine... not like I could sleep now. Does every bloody car need to speed by with their radio blaring at full? -- *twirls epipen* it's been a while since I've used one of these... it's kind of a waste of money, isn't it? I usually avoid it and wait for my shit to clear on its own or head to the hospital... *twirls* pull off blue safety release... swing and firmly push orange tim against outer thigh so it 'clicks' -- that sounds a bit erotic doesn't it? and hold on thigh approx. 10 seconds to deliver... and there kills any hope it might be a good way to get off. I bloody hate search engines... they've fucked it up by simplifying shit again.

.... if I sleep now, clown will eat me... or I might die with that feeling of an aneurysm bout to go off in my head... if I'm awake I could at least shout out some final wishes, along with some immortal death threats, since they're superstitious sots and keen to do it though still likely to be 'haunted' by me, because they're drunken, superstitious bums... the usual shit, shred a few documents, clean up the post death scat, find some sexy for me to wear for the coroner, hit post quick reply if I didn't quite make it...
Hey, Rift,

I found this post hilarious. If you had a daily blog, I'd definitely read it. Scarily like my random thoughts before I get all schoolmarmish and tell them to behave but, do they listen...hell no!..well, sometimes...don't get me started..!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Because there's an 'L' missing from the thread title.
There certainly is! Good God, I have never been so embarrassed. I bame the ack of seep :laughing:

Thank you @Stephen for the edit. You are a true gentleman, even among gentle giants

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
....there's like, super kawaii fanart of ships and like, people kissing. Excuse me while I implode from the improbability.

No, I definitely didn't only get an hour and a half of sleep last night, therefore dipping into my reserve of energy that results in delicious delirium that tastes like apples WHICH OH MY GOD I LEFT IN THE CAR.

*Sploosh, Boosh and/or Kakow*

:shocked: :proud:

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,567 Posts
"l won't be that tired tommorow.

I'll just have a ton of coffee, stay up and finish my assignments. It didn't work last time, but it'll work this time".

1 - 20 of 58 Posts