Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could choose to live in another country, which one would it be? Why?

Mine would be Sweden. Personalities like ours are valued much more in their culture. They are also more conscientious about health and environmental issues. And it's beautiful, that's a plus!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you could choose to live in another country, which one would it be? Why?

Mine would be Sweden. Personalities like ours are valued much more in their culture. They are also more conscientious about health and environmental issues. And it's beautiful, that's a plus!
Your most welcome to Sweden! :laughing: But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on the fitting in; it still takes an INFJ to fully understand one...

As I already live here, I think my idea would be Scotland, with all its beatuiful nature and friendly and polite people. Engand would be nice to, but seems a bit crowded already. In Britain they speak English too which makes eveything easier and the weather seems just perfect, expect maybe a bit on the cool side in the summer...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I don't really need to live in another country to get what I want.

I simply just need to take over my own. Would you mess with Canada if it became a military superpower? ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have travel to a number of places over the years, and I choose Ireland. Particularly Western Ireland, near Roundstone Bog. It is lovely, and so are the people. Also, I'm 3/4th's Irish...I have red hair, love drinking tea, and I'm a poet. I feel at home there.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
New Zealand.

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
206 Posts
As an Englishman I am biased - head to the North of England - very different people from those poncy southerners :wink: I would also agree with Scotland and Ireland - both wonderful countries

Only one I wouldn't agree with is Holland - no mountains! - Apart from that it's just fine. Although it's also very flat Denmark is nice - very friendly and happy people

·
Registered
712 Posts
As an Englishman I am biased - head to the North of England - very different people from those poncy southerners :wink:
OY!

Canada. Specifically British Columbia. Moved here 4 years ago from England and I'm so in love with the place and it feels more like home than England ever did.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Oh boy - so many to choose from! I'd have to say somewhere in Europe. Italy, Greece...

I suppose I have romanticized ideas of both places but life seems to be enjoyed there. To live instead of to spending your life to work. Wine. Values living with the environment. Wine. Ahhh, the food. Wine. Ahhh the beauty.

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
644 Posts
As an Englishman I am biased - head to the North of England - very different people from those poncy southerners I would also agree with Scotland and Ireland - both wonderful countries
Britain as a whole is a nice place to live, I think.

I'm quite happy in England though, down south with the other poncy folk .:wink: It's warmer, and it rains less.

If I had to pick another country...well that would be difficult. France is beautiful, so is Italy...I love the history and I've found the people very warm. Canada is great, my ex was half Canadian half British. We talked about maybe living out there for a few years at one point.

I wouldn't have made it permanent though, I'd be too far away from family and good tea, but it would have been an adventure. You know, provided things had worked out, which I don't think they ever would have.

My ex isn’t too keen on the UK, I think he misses Canada a lot as it is where he grew up. Moving here was a seriouse culture shock.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Am I allowed to add another couple? I would like to say that I've always been facinated with Germany as well. I know I would have to learn German, but it wouldn't be hard. I learned Spanish very easily.

On the other side of the map, I would love to live in Peru or Ecuador. I already speak the language, and it's truly breathtakingly beautiful there. The only drawback would be the creepy crawlies, but I think I could handle it! :happy: I love the culture, the humility and kindness and the lack of materialism among the people. I had a very good friend who lived there for 7 years, and she really didn't want to come back to the States. The only reason she did is because she acquired a nasty parasitic infection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts