Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think INTPs require information to be presented in specific ways to digest it?

If so, what do you think this is about?

Why are they this way?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I don't come across appropriately presented information that often. I also realize that what is appropriate or not is somewhat subjective. So I'm not very demanding or judgmental when it comes to that. I'm willing to go through some bad-written or unorganized stuff in order to get what I want. It's just more tiring, that is. Unfortunately, you can't oblige anyone to present information in the way you prefer.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
just including references in context...

mostly to save time

from me hunting them down...

getting distracted...

obsessed...

and then having to force it on everyone

that's ever read that piece...

that had an out of context quote

usually something intended to be mindlessly inspirational

bright and fluffy

but is deliciously dark and morbid.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
The information has to be intrinsically interesting first.

Then, preferably the information is presented in a good story. Everybody likes a good story.

·
Banned
279 Posts
The presentation should be detailed and straight to the point in 5WAH (Who, what, when, where, why, and how)

I don't need a story. I'll make a story putting 5WAH to use. Yes, I made up the 5WAH acronym.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
When I give information I try to make it presented with absolute precision. I do that by imagining a reciever who has zero clues on the subject.

However, I have been expecting others to do that too. Unfortunately, while I respond with essay, other responds with a few words. I have realized that it is easier to accomodate to them and help them to get the most out of their head (if I can).

As for written material, it is usually written in pretty much precise form, so I understand that very well. Even if it isn't I can go through the words as many time I want to understand text.

More, the greatest problem I experience is when someone wants me do some practical job for him, gives me imprecise information and tells me that I am doing him a double job. I think that would be problem when I got a real job some day.

As for why I need information to be presented in that way, I think it is because our dominat Introverted Thinking.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
When I give information I try to make it presented with absolute precision. I do that by imagining a reciever who has zero clues on the subject.
I often do that too...

yet... in case anyone has yet to notice

the language is not always so compliant

.. the conflicts of introducing topics or discussing subjects that are too far outside of the readers' comprehension and experiences... analogies can be made, parallels illustrated but often these are poor substitutes for more coherent communication and real understanding.

... though social distractions, abstractions... are fun.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
lt can be more difficult to follow other people's writing than they realize, not because it's bad but because people often interpret their tone and structure with their own inner voice and emotional states and don't see that it may be interpreted differently or just not make sense to others.

lf l don't see some forms of standard structure and style, l tend to read the person's writing like a run on paragraph because l can't get inside their head.

Reason#767988 That l'm not inclined to read posts written in the form of poetry, not that l needed 767,987 other excuses.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I try to give out information it's typically something like this: information-information-information-information-Ne rant about all the possibilities!-information-information-information-information-Ne rant about different theories and patterns behind the specific information-information-information-information-information-Ne rant about why the hell is has to be this way and not this way which I find more efficient!

I can handle something like this coming from somebody else. I am capable to follow the logical general line of it and integrate all the rants into it if they make sense in the grand scheme of things. If the rants are too emotional or too much about external sensory input I fail to see the logic and I zone out and zone back in if the talk catches my attention again.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Because paragraph breaks are not only a necessity, it is MANDATORY!

I need to breathe while reading, dammit! Curse the individuals who do not use carriage returns while I have to face a wall of text!

Then my OCD'ness would come in where I would copy/paste the blob of text, skim the content, possibly insert my own carriage returns if i'm paying attention, THEN, after all that work is done, sit back and re-read so I can absorb it in.

OH HEY! I spent time opening up a page, breaking up the content into legible form, this better be worth all that effort and time. aaaaaannnnnnndddddd *takes a nap*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts