Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this and thought I'd share it on PC. No wonder people think we are a rarity; some of the things mentioned are ridiculous!
INFjs have a very characteristic dispassionate facial expression. This is often reminiscent of the depiction of saints and martyrs from early Christian icons. Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not. INFjs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.

INFjs do not show intense positive emotions, instead they simply smile. All their facial expressions openly reproach nefarious happenings. The same can be noticed in their intonation. In many cases INFjs have a slim, ascetic figure. Their movements are often quite harsh although not lacking mobility. INFjs with more fuller figures are less mobile and active. When walking, INFjs may keep their feet close and parallel to the ground, maintaining a short distance between each step.

INFjs are generally very modest, which is also noticeable in their choice of clothes. However from time to time they may wear something very flashy according to the latest fashion especially is noticeable in males. INFjs prefer to observe people for sometime before making contact in order to identify social hierarchy in a group. Normally INFjs do not show initiative when making contact for the first time.

INFjs can be very touchy and this may strain the easy atmosphere of a conversation. Sometimes they adopt a monotone speech pattern that can snuff out all playfulness in others. INFjs have a special ability to listen to people and as a result they are often asked for advice or sympathy. They never push people away and are always prepared to listen for as long as it takes to make others feel better, even if they theoretically have better things to do. INFjs are always ready to help friends in difficult life situations. They care not with words but with real actions.

INFjs do not really make good cheats or frauds. This however, does not stop them from trying sometimes. And even if they do, they are likely to feel pretty bad about themselves afterwards. This gives INFjs a reputation as naive and impractical people. INFjs are very conscientious in their work . They do everything carefully, paying great attention to the quality of their labour. INFjs demand cleanliness and order. At home they keep everything tidy, carefully storing their belonging, especially females INFjs. They like a calm and measured style of life and therefore try to prepare and anticipate everything beforehand, often making them quite reliable.

INFjs know how to establish peace between conflicting sides. They take a neutral position in the conflict, often being fired upon from both sides. They cannot push, shout or show aggressiveness. Instead they punish offenders by completely ignoring them until they realise their mistakes and apologise. INFjs do not like to project themselves: when everybody works, they work too, when every body rests, they rest too. INFjs often cannot stand violence, conflict and graphic depiction of injuries. They cannot stay in closed spaces for extended periods.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
That's from Socionics, right? I thought it was quite fitting to some extend. And that was really also thepersonality description I could identify with most on that site. But seeing how many faces we INFJs (are supposed to) have, that really doesn't cover everything. But they didn't finish the INFJ uncovered section. I'd be interested in what they'd write there. Maybe they didn't find enough INFJs who were open enough for them to discover our bad side. :crazy: ;)

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
This is the INFj type description from Socionics; not necessarily directly correlated with MBTI's INFJ. INFj in socionics has introverted feeling as the primary information element, not introverted intuition.
Yeah, it is not necessarily directly correlated. But if you're doing the test on socionics.com and you're an INFJ there, it should fit you, shouldn't it?

I scored INFJ/j on both socionics and MBTI and I couldn't really find the difference - at least for myself. Maybe some people don't fit into both INFJ/j types.

sorry for double posting:unsure:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, it is not necessarily directly correlated. But if you're doing the test on socionics.com and you're an INFJ there, it should fit you, shouldn't it?

I scored INFJ/j on both socionics and MBTI and I couldn't really find the difference - at least for myself. Maybe some people don't fit into both INFJ/j types.
Yes, if you test INFj, the description should fit you, in theory. Just like MBTI, there are problems with testing accuracy, and there are various schools of thought - different interpretations of type and information elements. Some MBTI INFJ's relate to the description, some relate better to INFp or some other type.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some of it seemed just plain wrong to me... And you'd think that being able to read people well would make us /good/ at cheating. I've been really tricky a few times and can get away with it a pretty long time too, but usually I don't realize I'm doing something wrong at the time. (Hoarding prize tickets in the third grade and turning on the TV every morning one summer so my sister would get distracted and let me have the computer come to mind.)

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
It makes us sound so boring -- and I think we're anything but!
That is why I was interested in what they would write in the "INFJ uncovered" section. They put all the interesting and evil stuff into those sections.

EDIT: though I'm not sure anymore about how that fits me...whatever.:crazy:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wish socionics would stick to their own codes (IEI, EEI, LSI etc) instead of confusing everyone by also using the same 4 letters as the MBTI code but in a different way.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Not trying to make fun of socionics, but I find it quite unbelievable the fact that they can pinpoint a person's physical build by type.

INFjs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Reactions: SarahWilliams
1 - 20 of 31 Posts