Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It is so heartbreaking how those who give the most often receive the least."-@emerald sea
As an INFJ, my role usually is that of a confidant. I am the one my friends run to when they need someone to confide in, I am the one who is expected to listen and give sound advice. I am the emotional crutch that these people lean on when their feelings are hurt, stomped on, and abused. And because my exterior is so calm, people don't know that I hurt and need someone to listen to me, too.

Honestly, sometimes I feel down because I don't feel appreciated. I don't feel recognized for the things I do for other people. I feel taken advantaged of, I feel taken for granted.

And sometimes those negative thoughts make their way on the forums and one for two people would pick up the silent cry for help and reach a hand out for me.

In this thread, I want to give my gratitude to this one particular woman. I'm sure her schedule is hectic, but she always manages to make me feel less invisible and needed. @emerald sea is one of the biggest blessings to this world. I never want her to feel under-appreciated. Ever.

Jessica, I truly love you. Please read between the lines the things my feeble mind can't connect and put into proper words and know that I mean them.

Now, members of this forum, please chirp in your appreciation for the members of this site. Let's recognize and appreciate those who have taken their time to help you:

·
Registered
386 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a broken record;

@LiteratureNerd - Thanks again for all the insightful <commentary/random fact/humorous response> combo platters!

@bengalcat - Full moon begins again this weekend, I haven't forgotten you!

Many people have contributed to my wonderful experience here at PerC, but you two have made noise particularly close to where I dwell, reminding me that I'm not completely stranded in the wilderness. Thank you.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
@ohTOMICho ...

i don't know what to say ~ i don't deserve all this attention. thank you so much for your kind words!! i love you too!! you are so sweet!! *hugs* and every INFJ here understands how you feel, by experience, and wants to cheer you up and be there for you...we all know you give so much for other people and need someone to give to you also...so i wrote to you on behalf of all of us here, who love you. :)

@Aizar, thank you!! i appreciate how you understand so well...and listen. :)

there are so many people on this site who i love...can't list everyone here.

special thanks to some loyal friends who have gone out of their way to reach out to me, offer their support, and cheer me up when they were worried about me, or when they could tell that i was discouraged and really needed encouragement. they are such unselfish, caring people who deserve recognition and appreciation for who they are ~

@Vivid Melody
@Jawz
@MoonLight
@Lost in Oblivion
@SillaSY
@bubbleboy

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I'd just like to thank everyone. This particular forum always seems to have some quality threads and posts, and everyone manages to get along like civil folks to share their thoughts, ideas, etc with minimal fuss. That's not always easy here on the internet. Or even on a good chunk of PerC, even.

So hats off to you, any of you, who participate in this forum. :eek:)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I've never been very good with these things, but I truly wanted to thank so many of you on this forum. I won't be mentioning any names because I don't want to leave anyone out, but rest assured that I respect so many of you in here and really think that you're a great example to the rest of us. There are so many wise, compassionate and good-hearted people in here and I just wanted to express this to anyone in here that has made a difference to people who needed someone to talk to, gave great advice to someone in need of it, or simply someone who needed reassurance that they were not alone.

You know, sometimes I feel very disappointed in people in general, but somehow that disappointment turns into genuine happiness and a source of inspiration that it only takes an individual to make a difference in this world. A single person is all it takes to make another person smile after having a bad day, those sorts of actions is what we need in this world, and some of you in here, have done a great job in carving the way to a better place. Perhaps some day, those seeds of love, wisdom and compassion will take root in the rest of us and if that day ever comes, it would be a sight to see. I hope I get to see such moment. Until then, I appreciate these few individuals who have gone above and beyond to show us the way.

Thank you.

·
Banned
982 Posts
I would also like to say thank you to everyone. I have not yet had the chance to really communicate with folks on here directly, but just reading through the various posts day after day brings me comfort. There is so much inner-strength and wisdom on here that it gives me no choice but to keep pushing on in life, going harder every day. All of your experiences and insights challenge me to become a better human being. To be quite honest, I don't feel worthy enough to be posting this, but I just wanted to express my gratitude. Thank you everyone! It truly is an honor for me to be in a position to listen to your stories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts