Personality Cafe banner

2781 - 2792 of 2792 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
drawing1.jpg Reclaiming Innocence: Going into the Desert (part one).

I am quite happy with this piece. The theme/prompt was Innocence and I decided to get creative with it. Only downside was that I did it on scratch paper as a color sketch because I am still not confident in my skills. I know that if I try to redraw it on my sketchbook, it might come out worse. Anyway, the inspiration has passed, and color pencil is a bitch. The challenge was just right for the moment. I wish I had more moments like that, but it also caused a lot of stress. So, I am not sure if the creative release is worth it.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,592 Posts
Today I made a cuddly COVID-19 from some worn out clothes and stuffing from an old pillow. Wash your hands after hugging or playing with it, and don't let it touch your face. Watch out: You can throw it farther than 2 meters.
IMG_4994.jpg

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
I have not done any more paintings for the last three or four days? :frustrating: And I miss it. I did get some stuff figured out with my easel and gesso some canvas boards to prepare. I feel a lot more accomplished when I do what I set out to do, like painting everyday. So hope to come back to it soon.

But today I did fry and eat quail for the first time ever. As a child, I (for some reason) watched Gigi over and over again (idk maybe it was one of our only VHS tapes--I have no idea), and I was struck by the scene where she eats a quail, bones and all.

Anyway--today I not only fried something for the second time ever (and it actually worked this time), but also cooked quail. And I was so happy with it! It's also raining right now so it's just really great weather.

So here's my culinary masterpiece (put it in spoilers because I know not everyone eats meat and I don't want to ruin anyone's night):

It's also sideways--I'm not sure why it's doing that.

But it's everything that I thought it might be watching Gigi as a little girl (especially since Gigi didn't like it, so it wasn't a high bar).

Though I cut them in half so that they would cook easier and used soy sauce, white wine, and some more Asian herbs. But it was really good. A lot of the bones could be eaten (which is what I always wanted to try as a kid).

I may never eat it again but I am glad to try it in my life, and that it was a success! And really good!

2781 - 2792 of 2792 Posts