Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 2806 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm a decent photographer. My favorite subject is people. I don't like posed shots. I get people comfortable so they ignore my camera and end up with a good photo when they're not paying attention.

1 - A friend in her belly dancing gear.

2 - My friend Doug doing one of his performances

3 - Another friend outside of a club.

4 - Apolo Ohno at the Olympic trials in NED in 2006. For a period of 4 years, my wife and I went to these events as press. I have thousands of skating photos.

5 - Arches at St. Marco Square in Venice. I was laying on the floor to take this picture.

·
Registered
354 Posts
,THIS is why I know I'm a terrible photographer! Same question to each of you, what made you pick up a camera the first time?
Well, the only reason I can remember is that I actually wanted take pictures of the nature here. Which is pretty much what I still do 90% of the time. I usually find it pretty boring to take pictures of people though. Never got interested in that.

Anyway, the main reason for my photography nowadays is that I want to show others how I see the world. Because I really do find beauty in almost everything, even if it really doesn't look that good (makes no sense I know). I let the camera be my eyes, and the editing to be my mind, basically.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,252 Posts
Well, the only reason I can remember is that I actually wanted take pictures of the nature here. Which is pretty much what I still do 90% of the time. I usually find it pretty boring to take pictures of people though. Never got interested in that.

Anyway, the main reason for my photography nowadays is that I want to show others how I see the world. Because I really do find beauty in almost everything, even if it really doesn't look that good (makes no sense I know). I let the camera be my eyes, and the editing to be my mind, basically.
Yes, exactly, that's my reason too. I always wanted to take pictures of nature, even as a kid. I wanted to borrow my mom's camera all the time, but she didn't understand why I always wanted people to move out of the picture rather than telling them to get in it. I've always hated cheesy smiles covering up my pretty landscape, hehe.

I don't like posed shots.
yeah, although I don't mind some posed shots, I don't like the way most people tend to just put on a cheesy grin and look straight at me whenever I try to take a picture of them. The candid ones are always the best! It's nice to capture someone's personality in their portrait, which often doesn't show in the posed shots. It's hard to be sneaky with a big camera though, heheh. I keep telling my mom she has no reason to think she's ugly it's just that she makes this same wierd face in every photo, sort of squishing her jaw back so she has a double chin - which she then complains about, heh.

I was laying on the floor to take this picture.
:D lovely picture!
Do you constantly get people taking pictures of you in the odd positions you have to get into to take pictures? It happens to me constantly. People think it's just soo funny that I'm laying on the ground for some reason, sigh.... I also constantly get asked if I'm OK, lol, because nobody just squats on the sidewalk I guess.....

Here's one from one of those "Can I help you ma'm" moments a couple days ago - I do appreciate having my confidence in mankind renewed by people's inquiries ^_^

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
geez I fail at computers. how do I post something?
The easiest way to tell you to do it is upload pictures to photobucket. Once they are uploaded, there will be a list of links below the pictures in the gallery. If you click on the "direct link," it automatically copies the link to your clipboard. Click "insert image" on your post and paste the link.

Reactions: Little Star

·
Registered
61 Posts
  1. i call it the source of consciousness, covers every thing from infinity to string theory. while i am not artistic, it is a form in which i can express feeling in, and by doing so accompolishes what was intended. the piece is not complete. plan on doing a black/white background to represent polarities. top left is the moon, top right is saturn, sun in middle. the earth is the puipil sourrouned by a blue iris. through the "funnel" is man, child in womb, animal cell, egg/sperm, protein structure of hgb, alpha-helicies & beta sheets, DNA, an atom, string theory, and a question mark. (progression of origin?) out of the spout is a waterdrop with a brain in the middle, sourrouned by a sphere, the colors represent consciousness coming forth. the water at teh bottom = collective consciousness. the entire thing is about the size of a bed, or about the size you see on the screen......

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
@Belua

Your photos are so breathtakingly beautiful, and they look so professional ^.^
What camera do you have?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
@Belua

Well it takes a skilled artist to turn crap into something that is beautiful
You are a skilled artist :)

I don't even have a camera, except for an in-built webcam on my laptop >.>

Reactions: Disfigurine

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
@infpblog, @Aelthwyn, @Belua - I love the way photographers see the world. You spot things that are there that other people can't see until you bring it to life. Wonderful!

@wilderness - Wow, that's some heady art! Is that in your house on a wall? I love a major undertaking like that.

Reactions: Disfigurine

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am so happy this has taken off and makes people happy and excited to share. Here's some more of mine...

Two Good Things to Find on a Sunday With a Horse Show - Relief print, woodcut

My Pal Lisa - Screen print

Mixed media

Mixed media

·
Registered
354 Posts
^ LOVE the last one with Hotspur! Really love it.

Keep posting people!

Reactions: Hotspur

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lovvve this @LittleHawk! I'll share some artwork when I get home :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Okay then, here are some various forest pictures that I've taken. Enjoy!

And here's me looking incredibly mysterious. ;)

Love this too. I think I have a thing for borderline creepy photography. When I see a forest with not much daylight it looks eerie to me. I think it's because i've watched too many horror movies in the past haha :unsure:

21 - 40 of 2806 Posts