Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this site as I discovered it a few nights ago and I’m an INTJ male. I read some forums based around the INTJ female and I was fascinated by what I read, yet I am still mystified by the allure of the INTJ female. What makes them so sought after and intriguing? Are they supposed to be the most hard to find in terms of Myers Briggs Personalities? I am new to the Meyers Briggs so please bear with me as I don’t have the answers on any of this. How different are female INTJ’s from the male INTJ’s? Why and how are they different? Has anyone ever met one? Why is everyone so fascinated with them? Are there any INTJ females willing to explain this? Also, can an INTJ male and an INTJ female be compatible in terms of a romantic relationship? All input will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
What makes them so sought after and intriguing?
It's because we're all secretly unicorns.

Are they supposed to be the most hard to find in terms of Myers Briggs Personalities?
So the story goes.

How different are female INTJ’s from the male INTJ’s? Why and how are they different?
Not very, although judging from this subforum, the women's sarcasm has a bit more of a bite to it.

Has anyone ever met one?
Hmm!

Why is everyone so fascinated with them?
We're a bit of a commodity for reasons both real and imagined. Something about intelligence, sex appeal, etc. etc. And the unicorn thing. I'm sure you know how sought-after magical beings typically are.

Are there any INTJ females willing to explain this?
As much as this counts as an explanation...

Also, can an INTJ male and an INTJ female be compatible in terms of a romantic relationship?
Of course. Romantic compatibility isn't so much a matter of type, though. Some pairs will "click" better than others, but there are many, many more variables to consider. Two INTJs hailing from radically different backgrounds may have trouble relating, for example. The same is true for any two individuals of any combination of types.

Also, for your research purposes, I would recommend skimming the most recent five-ten pages of this subforum for threads relevant to this subject. Don't bother using the search function; it's terrible.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
INTJ females tend to be forced into more socialization early because culturally girls are expected to be social creatures whereas guys can get away with being loners more readily. It makes for a little more balance with the weaker functions......but guys balance out with age, experience, and general function development over time.... so it's not as dramatic of a difference as you get older.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hello I am new to this site as I discovered it a few nights ago and I’m an INTJ male. I read some forums based around the INTJ female and I was fascinated by what I read, yet I am still mystified by the allure of the INTJ female. What makes them so sought after and intriguing? Are they supposed to be the most hard to find in terms of Myers Briggs Personalities? I am new to the Meyers Briggs so please bear with me as I don’t have the answers on any of this. How different are female INTJ’s from the male INTJ’s? Why and how are they different? Has anyone ever met one? Why is everyone so fascinated with them? Are there any INTJ females willing to explain this? Also, can an INTJ male and an INTJ female be compatible in terms of a romantic relationship? All input will be appreciated. Thanks.
They're mysterious because they're like virgins, hard to find and mysteriously rare and sexy. So rare that it's like they all sport a penis, just happens to be small (about an inch or smaller) and they happen to have no balls. I guess the only differences is that they have no balls then. Are males and females compatible? That's like asking if a key can fit into a lock. Sure all keys can fit into just about any lock but whether or not that key can unlock that lock is the question. And the key to which unlocks all locks is the master key.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Intrigue? Mystique? I cannot speak for the other INTJ women, but this one, who tried out the relationship thing starting in the late 1960s, and on and off (mostly off) through the 90s, and mostly before the MBTI was in the mainstream, was seriously not sought after romantically. I seemed to baffle men, who all seemed to expect eye-batting, giggling, blushing, girly girl behavior, whereas I could out-ride, out-shoot and even at times out-drink and out-think them. I was always quickly placed in the 'one of the guys' category. Relationships broke up as soon as a femme who met the standards of the day and acted like the cultural stereotype came along.

I wonder if now, since folk can take the test readily now, and get typed, and read a bit about it, the rareness of the INTJ female has bestowed a certain cachet upon her, or brings out the collector in others, who all want to own one. Obviously, INTJ women rock, and it is about time the world realizes it.
As for romantic relationship with an INTJ male? Again, only speaking for my experience, the last two guys I dated were INTJs. We got along very well, as long as we were talking of things of interest and were interested in the other's interests, but still, I had to ramp down my intellect or bruised feelings would follow. But it was easy to see that the relationships, if long-term, would be more like buddies, room mates, or brother and sister.

...and then there's that unicorn thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rampant typism would suggest an INTJ couple would have nothing but in-depth, intimate discussions regarding interests, however, I would like you to consider, if you would, an INTJ couple with wildly differing interests. If we're going by type perceptions, it would be a powder keg of passive-aggression.

I've had one of these mystical INTJ-on-INTJ relationships. While I was lucky in that we had the same interests, she was a little batty and unstable, so the personal issues became a serious one. To answer your question, however, it's the joy of having low maintenance on both sides, but, my question is:

If you're seeking extremely low maintenance so badly, are you ready for a relationship?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
TBH, I feel that there are many other more important determinants to a relationship dynamic than personality type--psychological health, family upbringing, world view and personal values, congruent life stage and goals, and relationship needs to name but a few. Similar decision-making and communication styles doesn't equate to a healthy relationship by any means.

My opinion on low-maintenance: romantic relationships must enhance my life above and beyond what I am able to achieve on my own. If I have to spend an inordinant amount of time and energy "working" on a relationship, in addition to all of the other demands that daily life tends to pile on, then it's not worth it. That is not to say that I will take my relationship for granted nor will I ignore the necessary effort it takes to maintain a healthy committed relationship.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am an INTJ female with an INTJ male. I think we're doing good together. Nothing amazing, but he doesn't put up with bullshit, and I appreciate that. It's a breath of fresh air compared to my compulsive-lying ENFJ ex-boyfriend. Sometimes we butt heads. We used to fight frequently about random things in the beginning, but that was because either one or the other wasn't willing to compromise with whatever we were fighting about. We've learned to resolve conflict better since then.

Honestly, I am more attracted to ENTP or ENFP males though, but I don't picture myself dating one of those any time soon. :p They seem like more trouble than they are worth at the moment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't consider myself necessarily sought after. I consider it subjective. According to Carl Jung the INTJ personality type is a masculine archetype. This is most likely the appeal breaker, whether a man prefers a girly girl or a more determined woman.

Individuality also plays a part. Chemistry, level of intelligence, and family background makes us all a bit different.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
What makes them so sought after and intriguing?
We're like men, only with vaginas, which is initially quite intriguing until you realise that we really are as emotionally dense as we come off and we're not (usually) secretly aspiring to be a housewife. Also, depending on your damage, we can be quiet and reserved which makes it easy for people to project their dirty fantasies onto us.

Are they supposed to be the most hard to find in terms of Myers Briggs Personalities?
Either INTJ women or INFJ men, if I remember correctly. But I've heard that it's difficult to generalise the few findings there are on that sort of thing, so who knows?

How different are female INTJ’s from the male INTJ’s?
Personally, I think that I'm a lot warmer and a lot more forward than the INTJ men I've known. I come off almost ENFJish in person and I work hard at it, damn it. I'm also less sarcastic to people online.

Why and how are they different?
For me it was because I was considered to be so "weird" for a girl that I altered my behaviour drastically to fit in with other girls growing up and it kind of just stuck. See above.

Has anyone ever met one?
I am one. Aside from me, though, I only know one other INTJ woman irl. She's one of my professors and I adore her.

Why is everyone so fascinated with them?
Because statistically speaking, there aren't that many women like us. We're not typically feminine and we tend not to care that we aren't. We can also be deadpan sarcastic and witty. If you're attracted to intelligent, high-achieving, reserved women, we tend to be quite representative of that.

Are there any INTJ females willing to explain this?
I think I just did.

Also, can an INTJ male and an INTJ female be compatible in terms of a romantic relationship?
I don't see why not. It's hit or miss for me with other INTJs online but I've wanted to rip the pants off every one I've ever known irl. I don't know whether or not it would last, but I think that INTJ men are sexy as fuck when they get a little older and learn a little bit of empathy. I'm dating an INFJ and I'm very attracted to the ways in which we're similar, so I guess that makes me a giant narcissist.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
For me it was because I was considered to be so "weird" for a girl that I altered my behaviour drastically to fit in with other girls growing up and it kind of just stuck.

I am one. Aside from me, though, I only know one other INTJ woman irl. She's one of my professors and I adore her.

I don't see why not. It's hit or miss for me with other INTJs online but I've wanted to rip the pants off every one I've ever known irl. I don't know whether or not it would last, but I think that INTJ men are sexy as fuck when they get a little older and learn a little bit of empathy. I'm dating an INFJ and I'm very attracted to the ways in which we're similar, so I guess that makes me a giant narcissist.
I relate to the trying to alter and fit growing up. It was pretty difficult to find friends, they usually found me somehow, I guess I was lucky.

I know another INTJ woman and we get on really well....talk about babble and finish each other's thoughts. It must look like a crazy conversation from the outside.

I lived with an INFJ SO and it was one of my better partnerships. It's nice to be understood with Ni speak but I found him too far gone with romantic expectations.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Supply-Demand.

Minimal supply increases demand.

Unfortunately has high buyer return.

Low resale values.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts