Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 578 Posts

·
Heretic
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because there are times when we just need to get away

You must be an INTJ to post on this thread, no other types and no changing your type to join

Just a place to chill, relax and hang out.

*Yes we plagiarized the ENTJs, still no reason to crash the party, take it on PM.

Added EULA:*

TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL INTJ'S OR ANY COMPANY THAT CONTROLS, IS CONTROLLED BY OR UNDER COMMON CONTROL WITH INTJ'S (COLLECTIVELY, THE “INTJ GROUP”) OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, LICENSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, RESELLERS, WIRELESS CARRIERS OVER WHOSE NETWORK THE SOLUTION IS PROVIDED OR OTHER BUSINESS PARTNERS, BE TALKING TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL REASON WHATSOEVER, WITHOUT REGARD TO CAUSE OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, OR ANY REASON (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) INCURRED FOR BUSINESS, PROFITS OR REVENUE, PRIVACY, USE OF ANY DEVICE OR SOLUTION. EVEN IF INTJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF TALKING. NO MEMBER OF THE INTJ GROUP WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ANY CORRUPTION, ERASURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION, INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OR LOSS OF DATA, INFORMATION OR CONTENT TRANSMITTED, RECEIVED OR STORED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH A SOLUTION REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO CASE WILL INTJ’S, ANY MEMBER OF INTJ GROUP, OR THEIR DISTRIBUTORS’ OR AGENTS’ BE OBLIGED TO TALK!

*Eula is a joke :p

Note: All posts from non-INTJs will be deleted.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What's with this whole invasion of other personalities and such? Did some of the NTs suddenly decided "hey let's go pillaging in the INTJ Forum."

·
Heretic
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's with this whole invasion of other personalities and such? Did some of the NTs suddenly decided "hey let's go pillaging in the INTJ Forum."
Dunno...
But I always envied the ENTJs their lounge, so I figured that was a good starting measure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I really like outlining. It has always bothered me so much, having to learn random bits of information in detail without knowing to what end and how it connects anyhow. It's so much easier to just have someone tell you "This is this, that is that, you get the gist of it and now that you know the name of what you're thinking of you can just look it up" Why don't people do that more. So that's my little treat to the community.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I really like outlining. It has always bothered me so much, having to learn random bits of information in detail without knowing to what end and how it connects anyhow. It's so much easier to just have someone tell you "This is this, that is that, you get the gist of it and now that you know the name of what you're thinking of you can just look it up" Why don't people do that more. So that's my little treat to the community.
His categories are kind of strange, almost arbitrary. Why did he put dynamic systems in pure math instead of under physics or a better category, like mechanics? Statistics is kind of spread out everywhere, and logic is conspicuously absent as an origin for mathematics. And where is applied maths in astronomy or music?

I suppose this is the danger of wanting someone else to lay it out for you: You absorb their perspective (Domain of Science seems to be focused on pop-science and technology). It is a good practice to look at multiple categorization systems and see how they differ to get an overall picture.

I always enjoyed the book "Mathematics for the Nonmathematician". Check out the table of contents to see how the author categorized math topics differently. He integrates concepts of pure and applied math, assuming the divorce of these is what causes people to lose interest, and he tries to ground the maths using tangible topics.

·
թЄՏҬіしЄ
4,503 Posts
His categories are kind of strange, almost arbitrary. Why did he put dynamic systems in pure math instead of under physics or a better category, like mechanics? Statistics is kind of spread out everywhere, and logic is conspicuously absent as an origin for mathematics. And where is applied maths in astronomy or music?

I suppose this is the danger of wanting someone else to lay it out for you: You absorb their perspective (Domain of Science seems to be focused on pop-science and technology). It is a good practice to look at multiple categorization systems and see how they differ to get an overall picture.

I always enjoyed the book "Mathematics for the Nonmathematician". Check out the table of contents to see how the author categorized math topics differently. He integrates concepts of pure and applied math, assuming the divorce of these is what causes people to lose interest, and he tries to ground the maths using tangible topics.
Hahah I recently bought that book a week ago. Although I haven't read it, just started reading "Problems with philosophy" by Betrand Russell.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 578 Posts