Personality Cafe banner

The INTJ Pet Thread

[INTJ] 
25K views 209 replies 80 participants last post by  contradictionary 
#1 ·
By request from @being:

I hereby introduce you to the INTJ pet & critter thread. Please post pictures and biographies of your furry, feathery, scaly, slimy, leggy, poisonous critters in this thread.

Let's compare notes! Do all INTJs own snakes? Do all INTJs grow blind scorpions in the basement? Do all INTJs prefer evil cats to loyal dogs? Do we herd said cats? Are we successful at it? (I am guessing yes, yes, and yes...)
If I knew how to create a poll, I might have done that, but alas... I am lazy.

Up first:
My female bunny Bubba, who my husband refers to as "the little black bunny with the little black soul":

and my male bunny Princess (who is now gone... :-( )

I'll post pics of our pet parrots once I have hours of free time. (We have waaaay too many parrots for a quick paste pic'n post...)

See less See more
#20 ·
Felix: View attachment 121490
Moosie: View attachment 121498
I am fully capable of hoarding and herding domesticated felines. I do not hoard them, but I have once herded my two cats and my neighbors two cats at once. Or maybe I was just making them all run away from me. Or both.
And here I thought I was going to have a heart-attack thinking no one had posted kitties yet...

Dream toy:

#22 ·
@Swede

I can smell your house from here. Birds, rabbits..

Birds are also obnoxiously loud. They are cool, but I am just sensitive to smells and noise. I can tell a person has a dog, the minute I walk in their house. I don't have to see or hear anything. The smell hits me instantly. I have never lived with a dog, so it sticks out.

Reactions: Swede
#31 ·
@Swede

I can smell your house from here. Birds, rabbits..

Birds are also obnoxiously loud. They are cool, but I am just sensitive to smells and noise. I can tell a person has a dog, the minute I walk in their house. I don't have to see or hear anything. The smell hits me instantly. I have never lived with a dog, so it sticks out.
Not all species of bird. The African varieties tend to be much quieter, and I know my bird in particular is very quiet, with some whistling around 10am and a single squawk when we leave the house. Otherwise he's blissfully silent. It's the Amazons that make you want to rip your hair out when it comes to the noise.

#27 ·
All right - this is a photo of Hogsie (who didn't live for very long).

If you think that bunnies and birds are filthy, don't even think about getting a hedgehog. They are adorable, but they are nocturnal, prefer to be solo and they love to run in their hedgehog wheel. They love it so much that they don't bother to stop for a bathroom break. Basically, I'd have to wash his little paws off every morning, since he wore poo-shoos by the end of a 12-hr jogging session. But he was cute - look at that adorable little nose and those beady little eyes! And the fuzzy little ears and those teensy little paws. And those sharp little teeth and prickly long spikes.

We had hedgehogs in our garden in Sweden. The wild ones are much larger than the pet hedgehog.. They are pretty neat and considered lucky back home, since they kill and eat snakes. Basically, they bite a hold of the snake and curl up into a ball. The snake doesn't have any chance to get away.

Bonus hedgehog joke.

#28 ·
Assorted parrot pics - these are all conures:

Bird family - Rocky and Hugin are the proud parents. Plus buddy Turquey at the end.

Snack break! Hugin.

Sun conure, Griffin. Pretty but really stupid compared to the more plain conures.

Chocobo (we ran out of mythical bird names), Pheonix and Griffin.

Bird baby

Henny (my favorite)

Rusty.

#33 ·

#34 ·
Sorry for the double post here..Tapatalk and I have fights. Lol

Rory on the top is my sister's cat and Minnie on the bottom is mine. Both purebred American Shorthair (we did not buy them, got them for free because of some circumstances)
Pic #2 - Minnie when she forgets to wash her mouth after eating..
#3 - Rory and Minnie hunting a spider haha
#4 - Minnie...soo cute!
#5- Rory ..she's very pretty
Ok I'll stop now :p

Cat Mammal Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore
Cat Small to medium-sized cats Mammal Whiskers Felidae
Cat Mammal Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Carnivore
Cat Mammal Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore
Cat Mammal Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Whiskers

#38 ·
Muffin is a selfish jerk, but I love her to death.

Cat Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Photo caption Whiskers

Cat Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Tail Carnivore

#42 ·
furry, feathery, scaly, slimy, leggy, poisonous critters in this thread.
:crazy:
Do all INTJs grow blind scorpions in the basement?
"Grow" a scorpion? You mean as if it wuz a cactus?
:crazy:
Do all INTJs prefer cats to dogs?
I've never been a speciesist. As a kid, I raised a Cecropia caterpillar (starting at the fifth instar which is the final stage of a caterpillar before it pupates) til it became a moth.

From this:

Insect Cecropia Moth Caterpillar Macro photography Invertebrate

To this:

Insect Invertebrate Cecropia Moth Caterpillar Aglais io

Over the years, I've had both cats and dogs and never developed an irrational bias toward one or the other. Currently, I don't have a pet of my own, but I often take care of my former roommate's family dog, a male wire-haired Russel Terrier. My family dog when I was a teenager was a male Boxer. He had a jowlicious face of squishiness.

Like this:

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Note:
I love rabbits.
:kitteh:

#43 ·
I have one neurotic cat who is afraid of feet, cameras, and pretty much everything else and approximately 300 worms. I have had dogs most of my life and miss having one, but if I got one my cat would probably commit suicide or spend the rest of her life hiding on the top shelf of the closet. She's okay with the worms.

I tried to take a picture of my cat but she hid under the bed. The worms look like a big tub of dirt and compost, so are not very photogenic..

#64 ·
Reactions: Alpha_Orionis
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.