Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're by yourself with your laptop playing online multiplayer games (such as WoW, Maple Story, etc) are you introverting or extroverting?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
...Hmm...Whether I'm in online games or not, I'm still using my Ne a lot. When I'm trying to figure out how to go about certain things in MMORPGs, I'm using my Ne predominantly with Ti support.

·
Registered
815 Posts
When I used to play GW I was definitely "introverting". I was part of a guild but never really interacted with them all that much. They had Vent but I never bothered to go talk to them either. I had maybe one or two friends with whom I chatted. I couldn't have cared less about the others.

In EVE online, a game in which you really need to be part of a corporation/guild, I played solo... never interacting with others.

That's me. For many people MMO's are definitely a social thing. They play to interact with others so it's not really an introverted activity. That doesn't mean that these players are extroverts though.

·
11,928 Posts
Oh I didn't know what you meant exactly...I thought you were speaking function-wise.
I don't really chat with anyone in online games if I can help it.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Introverted. Though, I find myself a handful of players and/or guild eventually who I'll settle with and become a solid core of it.

I'm no one to 'just party up with' though, especially since I'm usually playing progression oriented, so if there's extremely bad players when I want to get something done I either walk away or vent eventually. Usually try the walk away approach first.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You'd be using multiple cognitive functions ... most games would rely primarily on extroverted perception and introverted judgement functions since they're adaptive functions and are the most effective at responding to real time events.

·
11,928 Posts
You'd be using multiple cognitive functions ... most games would rely primarily on extroverted perception and introverted judgement functions since they're adaptive functions and are the most effective at responding to real time events.
That's kinda what I was thinking. And I think ESTPs(Se->Ti) might be best at responding to things quickly in online games.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
<--- known for being a complete chatterbox on AceOnline

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
When I am on Vent definitely introverting. I usually cannot keep up with 5+ extraverts talking among themselves. I do have extraverted outbursts where for short periods of time I am very attentive to what they have to say and talkative at the same time. But most of the time I feel that I am not very interested in what they are talking about and it just flies over my ears like background noise. In text chat for whatever reason I become very extraverted and chatty, even more so than some extraverts. I have no problem keeping up with the written information but it is much more difficult for me to sink in auditory information through Vent.

I kind of feel like there is an overabundance of Ps in online games and fewer Js around. Not sure why. The Js tend to get promoted to guild leader positions, however, so may be they just burn out faster >.<

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I only play FPS games. Don't judge me.

Anyhow, I usually play with a friend of mine over vent (I think he's an ESTP) and he's doing way more talking than I am. He also has a tendency to befriend other FPS gamers online. I prefer to stay quiet and just shoot people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts