Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have noticed for some time, that there seem to be 'Invisible Rules' in this subforum. When inviting an INFJ and ISTP friend to explore this part of the forum, I felt like (and I did) I had to warn them about this forum somehow. What I told them, If they wanted to reply to posts:
1. Watch the grammar, and keep spell check on.
2. Don't ask stupid questions, and questions which answers you can easily find if you Googled it. No nonsense.
3. State questions, if any, very clearly.
4. Do not get offended by our sometimes harsh words, and don't get involved in a theory or sarcasm 'war', unless you have something useful to contribute.
5. Do not pretend like you know us very well, and do not approach us with stereotypes.

In short, be careful. Anything you guys have observed? INTJ or not, feel free to add anything relevant. Lets make a rule sheet for the INTJ subfourm~ ;)

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
- xNTJs, you guys are probably the most focused of all the intuitive types. I've read numerous derailed threads and it's always the INTJ and one other person who remain on topic. Going off on a tangent must contribute to a better understanding of the topic.

- Conflict and debate are two separate things; one is personal, the other is not. A debate aims to attain a better understanding of what is true. If you don't believe in absolute truth, make it where something lies on the probability scale. Leave your ego at home and you'll do just fine. This could be true of all NTs though.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think people aren't that heavy in rule number one, they probably are correcting it while reading but mostly can withstand.

I never studied English grammar and a big part of the time I don't have spell check on and do a lot of mistakes that I cringe when re-reading, but no one really complained.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think it's natural to make mistakes with grammar. Not to make excuses but I mostly attend to PerC on my iPad and my grammar check can be whimsical at times. The only time I intentionally poke fun at someone else's grammar is when it is ridiculous but it isn't malicious. Just fun.

As far as rules go, don't take things personally. That's probably the number one. I don't have time to attend to people's emotional needs and quite frankly, I don't wish to. Coming to the NT forum is like a breath of fresh air.

I also agree with the staying on topic. When I travel to other subforums, specifically the NF forums there always seems to be a handful of pseudo-psychoanalysts that want to play pretend psychologists offering me unneeded and misinformed archetypical nonsense about my psyche based on such little and irrelevant information that I offer. It is Ni taken to extremes and not for the better. It derails my purpose and intention of thread posting. I have learned to shut them down immediately and move on, unless they are ready to participate in whatever theme I have presented. Don't attempt to psychoanalyze me. It is a massive insult to your intelligence and inefficient time management skills on your part. And than there always happens to be the third party feeler that decides to spew garbage they call perception in order to personally attack you, which again shows absolutely no relevance to the thread.

·
MOTM November 2013
2,702 Posts
Thou shall keep thy feels confined except for specially designated areas of the sub-forum.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I can't emphasize the take care with your language rule enough. Even those who are writing on an Ipad (or Ipod touch, which I sometimes am) or have English as a secondary language can and do type legibly and rationally. If you are used to speaking in slang, net speak, and not caring at all about your visual presentation as it were, try to shape that up. Your legibility is a window to your intelligence.

Also, realize that discussion and debate are meant to happen on an unemotional level. If you know that what you are writing about is sensitive and close to your heart (and we all have topics like this), do not submit such a topic for discussion with an NT. We'll go to town with our thoughts on the subject without realizing we are tearing your heart to shreds.

This is more of a personal rule for people communicating in general rather than an INTJ forum specific suggestion, but be direct. Tell people what you need, want, and expect up front so that you don't get upset and we don't get blindsided by an expectation you took to be assumed.

Don't buy into all the INTJs are jerks stereotypes. :)

·
Administrator
22,350 Posts
All the invisible rules I have are shot and I really don't give two shits.

I think the only ones that I have a peeve with is asking whether INTJs have hearts or saying they're robots.

Hang on, there is the 'I think all INTJs have <insert mental illness or personality disorder> as a part of their personality' question. No, just no.

I like the input of other types here. The regular 'other types' we have here are usually a fresh perspective and oftentimes they make more sense than some of the INTJs.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the invisible rules I have are shot and I really don't give two shits.

I think the only ones that I have a peeve with is asking whether INTJs have hearts or saying they're robots.

Hang on, there is the 'I think all INTJs have <insert mental illness or personality disorder> as a part of their personality' question. No, just no.

I like the input of other types here. The regular 'other types' we have here are usually a fresh perspective and oftentimes they make more sense than some of the INTJs.
We should ban the word 'robot' from our forum, it causes to much war with other types. Other types that often linger here, like Delilah are more than welcome, should give her/him/it an award as most active non-INTJ here. The infps, enfps, infjs and intps are fun.

·
Registered
946 Posts
@Delilah Please don't do that. Maybe you mean well, or you're just joking, but I can't stand it when people get deterministic about intertype relations. I consistently enjoy the company of ESFP's, and my best friend is an ISFP. And I know in theory it's impossible, but I actually have positive relationships with ESFJ's and ISFJ's! It takes effort, but it's possible.

And in this case, I would welcome more input from the xSFx's. The rest of the rules still apply, but I want nothing to do with typism.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts