Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread for things people with ADHD suffer that may very well stem from the disorder or maybe unrelated.

My brain works best at night: I HATE that civilization forces us to get up in the MORNING. My brain works best at 2am, but I often have to sacrifice optimal braining due to being forced to follow the collective schedule of humanity.
Waking up is the worst part of my day.
I find the first 5 hours of being awake is when I'm the most tired.
I spend most of my day yawning.
Is this typical with people with ADHD or is that just a me thing?

·
5,136 Posts
A thread for things people with ADHD suffer that may very well stem from the disorder or maybe unrelated.

My brain works best at night: I HATE that civilization forces us to get up in the MORNING. My brain works best at 2am, but I often have to sacrifice optimal braining due to being forced to follow the collective schedule of humanity.
Waking up is the worst part of my day.
I think that sounds more like typical nightowliness :) though I guess there could be a correlation. We really should start the night owl revolution soon, but there are so many other going on this year, so perhaps wait a year or so. It can be due to a gene called CRY1 for example, in some of the nightowls:
here is a bit more general, large study, that found over 300 genes associated with morningpeople:
chronotypes on wikipedia (one sentence at the end suggested for some the eveningness might be due to them being a small part neanderthal :) and that they were more active at dusk than homo sapiens, interesting...):

·
Registered
636 Posts
I got a second shift job and I haven't had a problem since. Except the one time I got jury duty, fuck that. At least my name didn't get called once I got there.

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Registered
44 Posts
NT and NF people: iS tHiS a SyMpTom of AdHD so I can have an excuse for my character flaws that I am too weak willed to fix

(I am INTP and lied to myself for years that I have ADHD and my pre-frontal cortex is underdeveloped, even took Ritalin in college. It was all bullshit. Worst kind of lying is lying to yourself.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just seems that your sleep schedule is messed up and your body can't cope with it. What does this have to do with ADHD?

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Registered
INTP
4,236 Posts
My sleep pattern/preference is the same as yours. I don't think I have ADHD.

My ex had ADHD. He slept normal hours. (Unless he was on a midnight adventure.)

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most people are entirely missing the point...It's fine...

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,026 Posts
Get in bed earlier, sleep more.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,207 Posts
Mornings really drag.. As much as I gulp down on coffee, it ain't happenin'!!

I feel more energized at around 2 a.m., 3 a.m.-ish, then after 3:30, I'm out.

I also have ADHD but have found natural alternative ways to cope with morning brain fog.

**Try inulin. Supposedly, our microbiotas are so well beyond screwed up that it alters how we as humans normally function in modern society. Also, blue LED lights from cell phone screens, computers, and TVs are throwing off most of our circadian rhythms.

I must admit, I do enjoy night time. Perhaps it's because half of the world is asleep, and it makes me feel more at one with the universe. I feel people's energies, and so night time somehow rejuvenates me. Sunlight also makes me sleepy.

It's probably the high alpha blue light waves counteracting with theta brain waves that counteracts with most people who have ADHD/ADD? Just a thought.. And I agree- if civilization moves it's clock forward, it'd be so delightful!! And plus, shopping for food and groceries at night makes sense since it's cooler (and you don't have worry about packing up the car with ice chests in coolers just to prevent food from perishing).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts