Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
A few memories from my early childhood... I sucked my thumb for a long time... I never liked food on my plate to touch... I always hated haircuts, trips to the dentist, anything like that... I would always become very angry whenever I lost a board or card game... a couple of times I told my sister I was going to run away from home.

·
Banned
6,606 Posts
I'm not sure I'd say I was cuddly, all huggy and needy. I just liked to rest on people, be near them. Feel their chest vibrate when they spoke. Smell their smell. Take in what they were wearing, and make observations about it, often in relation to my clothing. So it wasn't cuddling so much as intimate observation.

I still feel close to people when I am free to observe them, in my head or aloud.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow, I wasn't like this at all. Now I'm pretty sure my personality type changed during puberty since I didn't embody most of these traits until adolescence. (I think I might have been a ExFP o_O )

Did anyone else used to be another personality type?? :0
From what I read, I was very ISFP with 80% of it. But since around 16, I resemble more of ISTP or INTP.

·
Registered
39 Posts
from: Parenting Skill-the ISFP Child and Parenting Skill with Myers Briggs!

- ISFP young ones will love to be held, snuggled, cuddled, all the things you want to do Mom and Dad!
- The ISFP baby really is a “cherub” smiling a lot early on.
- The ISFP will like some alone time but will happily play with anyone who wants to most of the time.
- These young ones will touch a lot; these are especially the ones that may bond with a “blanky”, a “binky” (whatever that may be)…very “sensory” children.
- This “type” child will cry more than some others…especially if yelled at, responding to loud noises, if they think they are being criticized.
- The ISFP child wants things to be soft, quiet, harmonious, friendly.
- ISFPs are likely to play with kids smaller than themselves for security motivators.
- ISFPs usually like music, painting, drawing, clay, etc….creative ones loving “sensory” pleasures…including bodily sensory pleasures…they will explore quicker than others.
- The ISFP child is easy-going, flexible, compliant most of the time but will shy away from anger, bullying, yelling, etc.
- This child also need alone time.
- The ISFP is the epitome of putting everything in the mouth…oh brother they love it….again sensory.
- The ISFP may suck their thumbs…need a bottle for longer periods of time….just for sensory satisfaction and security than other types.
- ISFPs will usually share their feeling, getting hurt easily, wanting friend, etc.
- ISFPs can excel athletically due to their sensing…but they really like the “group” team thing…want and need others….selectively.
- ISFPs love animals and have a kinship with them of sorts.
- For the adolescent ISFP school is fun…that may be about it….they may underachieve academically due to this.
- The ISFP adolescent will learn better with a teacher they’ve bonded with in a more one-on-one environment.
- They can be wonderful story tellers…natural grasp of the detailed and are dominantly “feeling” and emotional.
- In High School the ISFP may have difficulty declaring independence…they bond with parents, siblings strongly.
- The adolescent ISFP may struggle with long range planning, college, career, etc more than some others.
- ISFPs have natural difficulty following/remembering rules, regulations, etc.
I can relate to this ISFP Child description in 85-90%.

Excluding this:
1. (…) bodily sensory pleasures…they will explore quicker than others – Not at all.
2. The ISFP child is easy-going – Not me. I was quite rebellious ISFP child if my personal values were threatened, prepared to defend my point of view on argumentative way. I always had a high eloquence, but preferred writing instead of speaking. Now when I'm an adult, there's no difference in kind of communication - I like to talk and very often starts a conversation.
3. The ISFP may suck their thumbs…need a bottle for longer periods of time – Not me.
4. Want and need others….selectively – Indeed, SELECTIVELY.
5. The adolescent ISFP may struggle with long range planning – No, I like to create my long term plans and goes according to them so could to reach my aims, but I don’t need a strong structure as a Perceiver type – I’m flexible and very good in improvisation (I suppose it’s correlated with my melancholy temperament and well-developed NiTe).
6. For the adolescent ISFP school is fun…that may be about it….they may underachieve academically due to this – Nope, I always treated my school seriously. I knew that I had to pass all the levels of education so could to reach my aims. I finished my degrees at university. However, when was a child, sometimes my strong imagination dragged me far away from school’s life (because of FiNi). I was a very dreamy and creative young ISFP.

I can't agree with all the text but I’m sure that my mbti type is ISFP, because at the very beginning of my childhood FiSe were my most powerful functions (although, my Ni was also on high level). My emotions were always intensive inside of my mind and I was sensory-oriented: enjoyed hands-on activities. A pencil (or cryon) was my favourite tool since 2 years old of age. I was interested in exploring my natural environment and had tendency to take care of animals.

I can also relate to the INFP Child description in 75-80%, and the INFJ Child description in 65-70%.

·
Registered
347 Posts
- The ISFP is the epitome of putting everything in the mouth…oh brother they love it….again sensory.

I may as well mow the lawn by eating it. At least Dandelions are healthy.

My play kitchen set was taken away because I would try to eat the fake food. Sometimes I succeeded.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This is 100% me. I'm beginning to think I am ISFP. I am always close to 50/50. I think it may depend on my state of mind, mood and stress! I fluctuate back but as a child I was definitely an ISFP.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, I don't seem to remember rules. It's not like I wanted to break them. :laughing:

And I like being cuddled and hugged (still). I guess a lot of the things that are being said here still resonate with me as an adult. Haha. We don't change much do we?

·
Electronica Wizard
6,670 Posts
ISFP young ones will love to be held, snuggled, cuddled, all the things you want to do Mom and Dad!
- The ISFP baby really is a “cherub” smiling a lot early on.
- The ISFP will like some alone time but will happily play with anyone who wants to most of the time.
- These young ones will touch a lot; these are especially the ones that may bond with a “blanky”, a “binky” (whatever that may be)…very “sensory” children.
- This “type” child will cry more than some others…especially if yelled at, responding to loud noises, if they think they are being criticized.
- The ISFP child wants things to be soft, quiet, harmonious, friendly.
- ISFPs are likely to play with kids smaller than themselves for security motivators.
- ISFPs usually like music, painting, drawing, clay, etc….creative ones loving “sensory” pleasures…including bodily sensory pleasures…they will explore quicker than others.
- The ISFP child is easy-going, flexible, compliant most of the time but will shy away from anger, bullying, yelling, etc.
- This child also need alone time.
- The ISFP may suck their thumbs…need a bottle for longer periods of time….just for sensory satisfaction and security than other types.
- ISFPs will usually share their feeling, getting hurt easily, wanting friend, etc.
- ISFPs can excel athletically due to their sensing…but they really like the “group” team thing…want and need others….selectively.
- ISFPs love animals and have a kinship with them of sorts.
- For the adolescent ISFP school is fun…that may be about it….they may underachieve academically due to this.
- The ISFP adolescent will learn better with a teacher they’ve bonded with in a more one-on-one environment.
- They can be wonderful story tellers…natural grasp of the detailed and are dominantly “feeling” and emotional.
- In High School the ISFP may have difficulty declaring independence…they bond with parents, siblings strongly.
- The adolescent ISFP may struggle with long range planning, college, career, etc more than some others.
- ISFPs have natural difficulty following/remembering rules, regulations, etc.

The bolded words are the ones I agree with.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm not sure how much of the original description applies to a wider swath of types than just ISFP. It's an interesting read.

When I was little I was obsessed with Wonder Woman and Eeyore - bit of a contrast there. I love gymnastics and always wanted to be a dancer, but my family was religiously strict. I also loved to sing and look at the stars. My family didn't express a lot of physical affection, but I was obsessed with having the neighbor kids swing me around playing 'airplane'. My favorite early books were tactile like "Pat the Bunny" or "Little Bunny Follows His Nose" scratch and sniff.

Through all my childhood and adolescence I was a bit confused socially. Authority figures were terrifying and I didn't fit in with rebellious kids as a group either (individually was fine). Neither behavior made sense, so most of my social behavior looked compliant, but it was motivated by avoiding hassles. I couldn't fit into any clique and didn't understand social games, so I ended up ignored a lot. As a teenager I had trouble making friends and spent most of my time in a music practice room writing songs or going on walks in nature. That's still what I do all the time and I still wish I was skilled at dancing and keep taking little classes, but I'm kinda old now.

Socially I would tend to smile at people when I pass and sometimes give compliments to make them feel pretty or smart. I like making people feel secure and happy, but I don't do it with any social motivation so it gets me in trouble. Sometimes people think I'm being submissive and their behavior causes me problems as a result, so then I have to stop. I tended to befriend the social misfits and listen to their problems. I'm not very judgmental of people (except when they are mean), and I like people who are a bit 'off'. I was always lonely and still have trouble fitting in with people because I think differently. I wish being friends with people was more like being friends with animals - very simple and straightforward. People are very confusing to me still.

I also agree with the people who don't like rules. It makes it hard for me to even play games of any sort - monopoly or football or anything - let alone real-life rules. Arbitrary and complex rules are the worst. I get stressed out in rule-based environments. Now I'm adult so there are taxes and accounting and law rules which practically make me break out in hives. Human made-up rules that are not connected to anything natural are 100% burden to me.

It's hard in a way to remember my feelings of physical affection as a child, but now I do need it from the person I trust. In a romantic relationship I am destroyed when physical affection is withheld, so I think it was probably damaging as a child that it was limited. I don't like it from strangers, though, so it isn't a social thing for me, but a personal, individual need.

Some of this is Enneagram 4 stuff also.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
- The ISFP is the epitome of putting everything in the mouth…
Se dominant here and I still experience this and I'm 37. This is Se.

Must be touched. Must be felt. Must be smelt. Must be tasted ... sometimes the last one isn't such a good idea.

This is also interesting where I will be ok with ordering certain things online, I simply cannot do it with clothes at least. I have touch and feel them. I have to go to a physical store.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts