Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this post, I will reword my thoughts on INFJs in general. After this post, my crusades will be over, but I will continue to post. I will “blog” about my own life experience instead of “mind melding”. It seems like I got a favorable response from the MS post, so I will go more in that route.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears as though some have misunderstood my method of trying to reach troubled INFJs as being an attack on them. In my mind, I was acting as a “drill sergeant”, but some people believed that I was being condescending. Perhaps it was a bad idea, but I didn’t think that it would benefit anyone for me to sugarcoat anything. I was pushing people to act, but that was only because I thought that would be more beneficial to them and to the world in general.

If an INFJ can have contentment by not taking action, then the person shouldn’t worry about it. However, personally speaking, this is not possible for me. I can see now that for the rest of my life I will always have to have a “mission” to be on. I need to be around other people. I used to think I was independent, but I could not have been more mistaken. I am very dependent on other people. That’s just the way it is. I’m tired of talking to people in my head. I want to talk to people in real life. I want to share my thoughts with them, and I want to help them in any way that I can if they need me.

In my opinion, if an INFJ is bitter toward society, they are not thinking objectively. They need to understand that they confuse extroverts. In order to communicate effectively with an extrovert, one has to play the “game”. Really and truly, one should not even think of it as a game. It’s just a form of communication. Many extroverted people believe that inner beauty is reflected on the outside. I have heard many say that you can tell a lot about a person form the clothes they wear. I have heard it said that 93% of communication is non-verbal – which doesn’t seem to be true for me, but there’s no way for me to convince anyone otherwise. Besides, there’s nothing wrong with having a good outward appearance and communicating with someone on a level that they can understand. They can’t read an INFJ’s mind, so it would be better if one could be out of the “shell” when they are with them.

I also think that one should not think of anything as being “superficial”. Objects are objects and they are useful for everyday life. The weather is the weather, and we have to live with it everyday. I suppose that if there were a hurricane outside it would not be superficial to speak of it. Intellectual stimulation is fine from time to time, but there’s a time and a place for such a thing. I think it’s a matter of finding a realistic outlet for it. I think a person would be better off not being a 100% intuitor. One should be able to enjoy the simple things in life, and sometimes “mundane” things should be attended to. If the grass needs to be cut, maybe it would be better to cut it instead of contemplating the merit of existentialism.

INFJs should allow themselves to be silly and just have fun from time to time. From my perspective, I do not consider myself to be reserved, even though I was “outwardly” so earlier in life. I like to have (non-intellectual) fun from time to time. As I have said many times, there is nothing remotely reserved about my internal life, so I believe that it would be better if my mind and body were more in synch with one another.

INFJs should be able to assert themselves in situations where it is necessary. I know that many times throughout my life, I knew that I needed to be assertive, but I didn’t do it out of shyness. There is no reason for an INFJ to feel that they are not being true to themselves by doing what should be done in any given situation.

And with that, the crusade is over. Hopefully, I accomplished something by it- other than driving myself crazy over it. I wasn’t stressing out when I wrote this. So I appreciate the advice about me needing to calm down. It was true. Hopefully, I made myself clear. Anyone may feel free to disagree with me, but I will stand firmly by my position regardless.

Till we meet again…

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I like this post, as well as, the last!:wink:

·
Registered
298 Posts
In my opinion, if an INFJ is bitter toward society, they are not thinking objectively.
why? what is the basis for your opinion on this?

·
Registered
712 Posts
You're on the right track, Dave. INFJ's generally don't like being told what to do, but if you lay out your own personal experience they'll liable to read it and think "That's a good idea, I think I'll try that myself".

" If the grass needs to be cut, maybe it would be better to cut it instead of contemplating the merit of existentialism."

Therein lies the crux of all aggravation between myself and my ISFJ husband :crazy:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Perhaps you could mark your exploits with some sort of symbol, much like Zorro's Z. You could be the Scarlet Pimpernel of INFJs. Maybe an "INFJ" scrawled into someone's forehead, or left as a pattern in freshly mown grass, as if you were signing your masterpiece, to serve as an inspiration to other INFJs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not really an every day visitor here, so I don't know the history about your posts..but I like some of the things you write here.

If an INFJ can have contentment by not taking action, then the person shouldn’t worry about it. However, personally speaking, this is not possible for me. I can see now that for the rest of my life I will always have to have a “mission” to be on. I need to be around other people. I used to think I was independent, but I could not have been more mistaken. I am very dependent on other people. That’s just the way it is. I’m tired of talking to people in my head. I want to talk to people in real life. I want to share my thoughts with them, and I want to help them in any way that I can if they need me.

INFJs should allow themselves to be silly and just have fun from time to time.

INFJs should be able to assert themselves in situations where it is necessary. I know that many times throughout my life, I knew that I needed to be assertive, but I didn’t do it out of shyness. There is no reason for an INFJ to feel that they are not being true to themselves by doing what should be done in any given situation.
I can relate to this. I also experienced this ... I don't know .. I think I just got over myself.
It is hard to explain. Call it acceptance? Realisation?
I finally know, THIS is what I stand for. I KNOW my beliefs are...right. You know.
And I BELIEVE that I can make a difference.

Even from not knowing your history I think this "awareness" is what you are trying to 'drill' (?).
This is a task which is not possible. You can not drill the message you are trying to get over.
You don't succeed anything by telling an INFJ what to do..because 99% of the time..WE KNOW.
A change from within has to be triggered by yourself. It's something in your mind that says..ok enough!

In my opinion, if an INFJ is bitter toward society, they are not thinking objectively. T
I don't agree with the word objectively.
I think that if one is bitter towards society, one is not thinking subjectively.
Because we get bitter because we look at the world objectively.
Look these are the facts..the world is a fucked up place, people do fucked up things.
It happens. Just put on the news. These are the facts.
So if we think objectively we act accordingly.
It's when we look at the world subjectively that we can make a change.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I really like this. I really enjoy my time alone and sometimes spend too much of it that way. I need people and yet I love to spend time alone. You said so many good things.

Reactions: Daveman

·
Retard
16,329 Posts
What's so fucking great about people?Probably 1 billion people killed in Wars.I am not even mentioning the untold millions who have been raped,sodomized.Sodomized!Christ all mighty,i can't even find it on Google!We are not allowed to view words that."Offend the herd".The fantastic ,pure, human spirit. Bullshit!hypocrisy!We are scum.Truly all we care about is our needs being met."Ego".Is this noble?The true spirit of Humanity is truth and love.Too bad all Governnments only care about financial position and image.Please don't become like that.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Dave, you've written some excellent articles on personal growth for INFJs. And I do like your straight-shooting style and crusade...but I believe it was your avatar and not your words that frightened many troubled INFJs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Lol ^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Dave, you've written some excellent articles on personal growth for INFJs. And I do like your straight-shooting style and crusade...but I believe it was your avatar and not your words that frightened many troubled INFJs.
Oooh snap!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dave,

Your avatar is ok by me. It looks how I feel most times.

Reactions: Daveman

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HA HA! Ture, true, man.

You should see me in real life. I'm a rather large person, and people have actually been scared of me for judging a book by its cover.

Unfortunatley, that's the most recent picture I have of myself.

This is my dog, Abby. For now on everyone can pretend that she is speaking words of wisdom. lol

To all those who oppose me:

I don't really feel like arguing on here. You are entitled to your opinion, but I'm not going to fight with you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts