Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching The Walking Dead tv series and I realized how some people couldn't take it anymore and chose to commit suicide (this is not a spoiler). Whenever one or more of their family members get killed, they feel like they got nobody to live for anymore. They can care less about their own survival. So I thought maybe if you are the last person on earth, would you have decided to keep going? My theory would be that maybe Extraverts will have trouble surviving alone? I certainly wouldn't mind living alone. As long as I'm still alive, there's no need for me to off myself. But my life certainly lost a whole lot of meaning if there is any left.
Yes, I know there are similar threads so let's call this one a remake of a remake of survival threads.

What's your take on it? Would you keep going?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think that NT types would do better than more emotional types. I do agree though, extraverts might have a harder time continuing on alone.

It would be hard, but there's no way I could ever kill myself. I'd probably just do my best to survive as long as possible, and then hopefully find a volleyball to talk to.

Reactions: Bluity

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that NT types would do better than more emotional types. I do agree though, extraverts might have a harder time continuing on alone.

It would be hard, but there's no way I could ever kill myself. I'd probably just do my best to survive as long as possible, and then hopefully find a volleyball to talk to.
Pretty much this. I'd live for as long as possible, and try to find someone else. It'd be boring as shit, but it'd be something to work towards.

Reactions: Quernus and Tru7h

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pretty much this. I'd live for as long as possible, and try to find someone else. It'd be boring as shit, but it'd be something to work towards.
Not the best life, but better than nothing. Though I don't think I could ever give up on trying to find people.

·
Registered
64 Posts
To be honest, I have thought a lot about being the last human being in this world, and I have always thought that I'd probably see the world as my own, private playground. Sometimes I've even wished for this to happen. I think I'd enjoy being alone, but in the end, it would be very depressing.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
This reminds me of The Quiet Earth xD
I'll spend quite a while relishing over being free, and poke around into everything I've been forbidden from poking into before!
Then the next period of time mourning for everyone else and feeling super lonely.
And after a long long time, I will finally start looking for others. Hopefully there'll be at least one person and we can make the best of it or maybe even construct a new world *Marvels* Probably won't happen though xD
On the sad, sad chance that I won't meet anyone, then yeah, I'll commit suicide :/ After travelling the dead world, if possible. I just wanna see how each place is like, even if it's already gone ._.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
If my husband and kids died, I'd be distraught. But I wouldn't kill myself. It goes against every instinct. I'd keep hoping there was someone still left alive. I don't think I would believe I was the last person. As long as there is a possibility there's someone, somewhere, still alive, I'd keep kicking. After mourning, I'd have some fun. Base jumping anyone?

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Because I'm generally used to being by myself and am not inclined to be outgoing, I would probably not be as devastated. It would be pretty melancholy but I would keep myself busy by trying to survive.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wouldn't mind at first, but I'd get upset after a while. Even introverts need company once in a while. I wouldn't kill myself (unless I went insane) for religious reasons.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'd attempt to build a being from corpses and various material. It has to be possible somehow, have my whole life to figure it out.

Would say NT types.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd find and steal a Ferrari myself, just like the Charlton Heston film The Omega Man. Then try to stock up on food and water, then try to keep myself occupied to try and stave off the slowly encroaching madness for as long as possible

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would make it my mission to search for other lost souls out there. I like my alone time, but I couldn't stand being absolutely alone. I think like anyone else I would go mad and probably become mentally disturbed before I met another lost soul in the world. However, I do have to admit that there would be some awesome stuff to do.

There are also the burdens of having to work on sustaining resources and personal care. There isn't someone out there trying to harvest your future vegetables now.

Reactions: Bluity

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would stand over the ruins of our desolate planet and celebrate the end of history. Thousands of years of human procrastination and aimless wandering is suddenly all gone in a blink of an eye. To reflect on this whilst standing there as the last strain of bacteria of it's kind in existence would be humbling.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well there would be cats and other animals I hope. Not so lonely.

I would be cautious about finding others. Sci fi movies and books teach usually the survivors are cannibals, bands of thugs and very tyrannical small communities.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not the best life, but better than nothing. Though I don't think I could ever give up on trying to find people.
I did say you're the last person on earth as a fact.
Well there would be cats and other animals I hope. Not so lonely.
If there were no humans OR animals, I think I'd kill myself. It would just be so depressing knowing you're the only conscious, thinking thing on the planet. But if there were animals, it would be different.
Yes, there will be animals roaming around.
I'll spend quite a while relishing over being free, and poke around into everything I've been forbidden from poking into before!
Watch out for dangerous animals and traps left by humans who were once alive. (e.g. rolling boulders) =P

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I know, but I'd probably still keep an eye out in case of a legitimate miracle.

Meanwhile I'd probably own about 50 cats.
Looking at the cats would just annoy me. I want humans and the cats don't come close to companionship. Why the hell are they alive and everyone is dead?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.