Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I ran across an article on the Laws of Attraction who's basic premise is if one believes that good things will come their way, then good things WILL come their way. A person can and does have influence based on their belief and energy to allow what they desire to happen - but only if and when they are not "needy" of it. "Needy" being a reflection of negative vibes keeping the positive things from happening.

Part of interest in this process leads me to the art of meditation. But that's another story in and of itself! I'm preparing my Dream Board as we speak.

I guess my questions to all the INFJ's out there is this---> Once you open yourself up and allow for all these positive things to happen do you feel that your indecision will or has made taking advantage of the situation a difficult one? Anyone with experience with this? How would you or have you tackled the doubt?

Here's an example, if a man were to shift his energies to allow and believe that the woman of his life will walk into his life and 2 weeks later two separate women appear - will he be able to decipher and decide which one is right for him? As an INFJ, if this man reflects on what brought about this event would he be clueless as to what his actions should be?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
"if a man were to shift his energies to allow and believe that the woman of his life will walk into his life
2 weeks later two separate women appear - will he be able to decipher and decide which one is right for him?"
If the man does not know which one he want to be with then maybe neither one is the women he shifted his energy for.

"As an INFJ, if this man reflects on what brought about this event would he be clueless as to what his actions should be?"
Possibly because he had to reflect in his decision instead of following his intuition which brought about the situation in the first place. So maybe the doubt is his way of telling himself that the women he thought about was neither of these two women and that his over analytic mind is jumping to conclusions over riding his intuition by his desires for finding that women. Then the man realizes this and trust his intuition again and meets the women his energy shifted for and they live happy ever after or some crap like that :)
This idea of Law of Attraction seems to have a basic idea of what it is trying to say but I believe it should be called Theory's of Attraction until they figure the bugs out.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With my scatter brain the "dream board" is just meant to keep me focused on what I want in my life. Otherwise I might start thinking about the smelly shoe sitting next to me or a spot on the wall. The thought of doing the mirror thing has crossed my mind too...still need to do some research on that but it's worth a shot. Ah enlightenment!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Example #2: Man focuses on gaining wealth. Walks down the street only to find a $20 bill, not belonging to anyone. Will he keep it knowing that this was wealth brought to him...or just blind luck? It seems to me that if one focused their energy to attract wealth...would it really be in the form of a random $20 bill? I would expect for some work to be involved or some life changing circumstance...out of the ordinary. I just find this "Law" or as some thoughtfully reassigned it "Theory" so interesting!!!

So really, I guess my thought process surrounds whether or not an INFJ could "let go" enough to believe that the Law of Attraction is a viable reality. Or - in the end, even if it does work, will he doubt why the circumstances came into being? Coincidence or Attraction?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Every time I had indecision about taking advantage of a positive situation that came my way there was always some reason for it (well, more like a multitude of reasons). Something didn't match my values, something was a little bit off, something kept me away. That I believe is my intuition's way of saying "hey the situation that seems so perfect on the surface ain't really so deep inside". Have I passed by good situations because of my intuition's nitpicking? Most likely so. Have I also passed by seemingly good situations that could have turned to be very wrong for me in the end? Definitely.

Tackling doubts - the way I go about it is tracing the doubts back to their foundations. Sometimes you just get a negative vibe but then you have no idea why. Your mind has reached a conclusion independently of your conscience and thrown that conclusion at you. But how did it get there you can't really say. Trying to get at the root of these vibes that you have received and then considering whether the assumptions used were sound or not usually either strengthens or dissipates the resulting doubts. In every day situations there usually isn't time to sit down and do this, so I just go with how I feel, but if there is a big decision then this definitely helps out.

edit: bleh PerC locked me out again before I could edit my post
Wanted to comment about Laws of Attraction and whether it would seem to be acceptable to INFJs. It really depends on individual INFJs view of this world. If you are a theist or dualist at least who believes in energies, auras, karma, souls, destiny, that universe is constantly evaluating you on basis of how good or bad, needy or carefree you are, then yes this would make sense. But if you are an atheist and a monist at that then everything around happens just by cause and effect despite of your personal values and characteristics. Then to you the universe adopts the ultimate objective view point and doesn't really measure you up with any sort of ruler to determine how deserving you are of a positive situation in your life. In this case Law of Attraction can be explained from just entirely psychological point of view. If you want something really badly - you'll be continually conscious that it is missing, you'll feel you have little control over your life, you'll feel unhappy and may in this case simply start rejecting whatever good situations do come your way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Recently I ran across an article on the Laws of Attraction who's basic premise is if one believes that good things will come their way, then good things WILL come their way. A person can and does have influence based on their belief and energy to allow what they desire to happen - but only if and when they are not "needy" of it. "Needy" being a reflection of negative vibes keeping the positive things from happening.

Part of interest in this process leads me to the art of meditation. But that's another story in and of itself! I'm preparing my Dream Board as we speak.

I guess my questions to all the INFJ's out there is this---> Once you open yourself up and allow for all these positive things to happen do you feel that your indecision will or has made taking advantage of the situation a difficult one? Anyone with experience with this? How would you or have you tackled the doubt?

well; in my experience, when it happens there isn't any doubt; because you let it go. Holding on to it doesn't matter any more.

Here's an example, if a man were to shift his energies to allow and believe that the woman of his life will walk into his life and 2 weeks later two separate women appear - will he be able to decipher and decide which one is right for him? As an INFJ, if this man reflects on what brought about this event would he be clueless as to what his actions should be?

crap...this exact thing is happening to me right now, as a matter of fact....and I don't know what the hell to do, damnit! :)

I'm following my gut for right now. :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just finished reading "The Law of Attraction" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. It was very annoying to read because it was so repetitive; to say only 100 of the 200 pages were really necessary is being generous. Overall, though, I enjoyed its teachings.

According to the Law of Attraction, if the man's thoughts and expectations were in the right place he wouldn't have attracted a woman who is wrong for him in the first place. Only a woman who is right for him. But say this somehow happened, or say that both of these women are a good match for him...if the LoA is legit, he could then attract the knowledge/ability to select the right woman.

waterviolet said:
It seems to me that if one focused their energy to attract wealth...would it really be in the form of a random $20 bill? I would expect for some work to be involved or some life changing circumstance...out of the ordinary.
According to the LoA, if you expect work to be necessary in order to achieve your goal then work will be necessary. But if you believe that work isn't necessary for you to acquire wealth, then it won't be necessary.

waterviolet said:
So really, I guess my thought process surrounds whether or not an INFJ could "let go" enough to believe that the Law of Attraction is a viable reality. Or - in the end, even if it does work, will he doubt why the circumstances came into being? Coincidence or Attraction?
I haven't personally had any experiences with the Law of Attraction involving physical manifestation (unless you count my encounters with 11:11, which might be something else entirely)...but I'm definitely open to the possibility. And if it ever does work for me, especially if it works consistently, I will not be quick to write it off as a coincidence. But it's like vel said...it comes down to the individual's view of the world.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'd agree with myjazz, on that it's about your feelings.. your vibe/vibration ---and Esther here^ (or Abraham) mentions it too. If you have doubt, it means something is off.. Either you change your thinking/feeling or you change your direction. You should be able to trust fully, without any of fear or worry. If it's too much of a struggle, need to take a step back as something's up..

Nice to see another person on this road. Personally, I needed more than just the Law and had to keep looking, elsewhere.. Definitely depends on the person's situation. I guess we can just remind ourselves than there are so many ways to fix problems... :p

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This idea of Law of Attraction seems to have a basic idea of what it is trying to say but I believe it should be called Theory's of Attraction until they figure the bugs out.
Waterviolet, don't read this or I might be putting a new 'belief' into your head :tongue:

One of the major bugs is said to be that no matter how much effort or lack of effort you put in, you may never actually get anything.. because it all has to do with the person's programming. This is decided before you are born: how many lovers you'll have till you find or not find the One, the highest amount of money you can earn, your health at such-and-such an age, etc. You might also get additional programs through your parents, environment, etc. The stories we read on success with using the law might probably be better titled "Lucky people."
Say you follow the Law and do all the steps, get the dream house you want..and then you decide the next thing you want is a husband. If your programming says you don't get a husband till you're 60, you won't be able to attract that man into your life no matter what you do if you are only 25. So the idea is you have to get in there and erase or overwrite the program somehow :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Linus: So now we are talking about changing our future or destiny this is starting to get interesting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings." ~Mason Cooley

I haven't done much reading up on the LoA, though the idea has crossed my path before. I am of the general opinion, however, that if you have a positive outlook in life and see all the things that come your way, then it will appear as though you are suddenly blessed with everything you need/truly want for yourself. Similar is an idea borrowed from Russell Bishop. Have you ever noticed that when you are car shopping or after you have bought a car, you suddenly start seeing your car everywhere you go? It's a matter of perception. When you are paying attention to the good things in your life, they become more apparent and appear to increase in number. When your new car is on your mind, you notice that it is everywhere.

I haven't thought this entirely through and so don't have anything interesting to say about indecisiveness yet. I'll be back. :laughing:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All good stuff! Whether your life is "pre-programmed" or "fated" the way it affects your life is all on how you view the situation and accept it. What will be will be. The fact of the matter being we just don't know what our future life will be. So if it's written in the stars that you should believe all these positive things will happen to you...then you should believe it. There are no time frames that we need to hold ourselves to, that would be naieve. What I'm learning is intuition will guide us along our path. Positive attitudes are reflected in how a person is perceived and treated. Confidence that things will happen makes it easier for those things to evolve into being. In the end, what results will be deciphered by a "gut feeling" and we will react to it accordingly.

Destiny - is there really any way to change that? If part of your destiny was to utilize the Law, then that is what you were supposed to do in the first place. Wouldn't changing one's destiny be all in how you perceive your life to begin with? Doesn't "destiny" cover every event that has, is, and will occur in your life?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
" What I'm learning is intuition will guide us along our path." So well put Waterviloet. Destiny or not we still have a choice on what decision we make along the way to accept what is to come our way. Having a good intuition will help us follow what our heart desire's instead of the desires of the flesh. Destiny seems such a vague word to use these days. I was destined to be with this person, thats great but for how long was you destined to be together. Having our life like a movie on the shelf doesn't really portray that from the beginning credits to the end credits and everything in between was a movie about destiny. If you watch the movie close enough you will see the destiny within it and the choice to accept the event or not to accept.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
is it sad I have no desire to read anything about this...

my sister and a few other people have tried to talk to me about this... I guess I am not vibrationally open.
lol

maybe one day.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
GC I thought you follow your sister's 'system' ;-)
Anyway there are many paths, this is just one

Linus: So now we are talking about changing our future or destiny this is starting to get interesting.
Yea :p
Karmic debt, fate, your parents' genes, personality type etc all become obsolete.
It's like the ultimate freedom

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GC - maybe you don't "need" the Law and hence it will come to you someday. *ribbing you with my elbow

1 - 20 of 51 Posts