Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
GC I thought you follow your sister's 'system' ;-)
Anyway there are many paths, this is just one

Yea :p
Karmic debt, fate, your parents' genes, personality type etc all become obsolete.
It's like the ultimate freedom
I tried it out, but in my own way. so i guess I learned something from it.
still not my thing, once I get something I don't need the rest of it.

however... the las of attraction have truly helped my sister, she is much happier these days and actually her positive moods have been helping the whole family. We all feel better when she is around. :)

she is the battery to the machine, the heart to the veins.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In a way as an INFJ I can feel quite alienated by LoA and the Secret type stuff. It is certainly not bad to read and consider these philosophies.

When I consider all the energy you can put into 'attracting' something I just tell myself it's better to simply not want it in the first place and that seems to be the faster route to contentment. I believe you can be truly happy right this instant in a way that is not contingent on anything in the physical world.

In relation to dream boards, this seems to be an intensely Sensor oriented activity, I'm not sure I could represent all the abstracts I'm attached to in two dimensions.
House, no. Car, no. Spouse, no. Kids, no. I don't want to possess things I just want to radiate something positive and to have it received and returned in equal or greater measure. I want to inch closer to perfection, like a fatted catterpillar on a juicy leaf.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How about putting a picture of a fatted caterpillar inching it's way to a big juicy leaf that's never ending. Like a everlasting gobstopper. You can go all out by adding several pictures of the caterpillar with a picture of a everlasting juicy leaf in a bubble above his head until he finally finds it.
I am kinda confused by what you mean by radiating something positive and have it returned in equal or greater measure while not being contingent.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh I got a good chuckle with the neverending leaf jazz. Ironically enough, I had a very difficult time finding things to fill up my Dream Visualization Board. Most of what meant the most to me were words. I have some random smatterings of two people's hands (holding hands), a smile, phrases that mean things to me. I can't seem to grasp exactly what my dreams are...so I my focus is just on remaining positive for my 30-day enlightenment process. Hopefully somewhere along the way I realize what my dreams are...or maybe my dreams will find me. Stranger things have happened, right??

Reactions: myjazz

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Shofixti's just after a state of being/mind.. I actually hear that suggested more often
It's like, do you want money? or is what you really want prosperity, and peace of mind, release from all kinds of worry

I realize I've done some programming on myself already.. not to create anything physical though
But I've made it so I wake up at the same hour every morning, and I also wake up right after I have a dream (so I can write it down)
I guess it is a philosophy after all.. Maybe that's why I didn't like to put my trust in it. It's happened with other things too that are to help me, but it comes with these beliefs/rituals/rules attached.. I always get a bad feeling, I don't want to have any limits

btw the caterpillar picture is perfect

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Waterviolet, I know this may sound cliche but If you follow your heart your dreams will come. Either you use Laws of Attraction or a Dream Board it's whats in your heart that's matter's so take what ever you need to and put it to heart. I agree probably after your 30 days of Tranquility you will see what is really in your heart desire's.
I may be to excited for you right now. When people really grasp what is important in their life instead of getting lost in details that always makes me happy. I will try really hard not to bug you while you see you dreams come to be :)
Did anybody get mt cross reference of the Dream board and Laws of Attraction from my everlasting leaf display?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You're right, myjazz - it was a slippery choice of words. Thank you for helping me see the obvious that dream board metaphors like caterpillars can be just as useful.

My take on things isn't perfect. When I consider the "living in the now" gurus, who I think run slightly counter to LoA - I find that their promises are also too individualistic. I don't think types with a strong Fe can generate happiness in complete isolation for long, we require a bit of give and take connectedness - even if it is in tiny amounts.

For instance, one video on YouTube my brother sent me
, Tolle says we should try to be freed from the constraints of identity, but identity is the prisim where I feel I refract and give meaning to all my values - to extract my identity out of the 'now' I may lose my anxiety but I also lose my purpose.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Did anybody get mt cross reference of the Dream board and Laws of Attraction from my everlasting leaf display?
Do you mean that the caterpillar will never stop eating/wanting as the leaf is everlasting

besides Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The picture of a caterpillar using the Law's of Attraction to find the Everlasting leaf which was used as a dream board.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You're right, myjazz - it was a slippery choice of words. Thank you for helping me see the obvious that dream board metaphors like caterpillars can be just as useful.

My take on things isn't perfect. When I consider the "living in the now" gurus, who I think run slightly counter to LoA - I find that their promises are also too individualistic. I don't think types with a strong Fe can generate happiness in complete isolation for long, we require a bit of give and take connectedness - even if it is in tiny amounts.

For instance, one video on YouTube my brother sent me
YouTube - Eckhart Tolle, not reacting to content, www.soundstrue.com , Tolle says we should try to be freed from the constraints of identity, but identity is the prisim where I feel I refract and give meaning to all my values - to extract my identity out of the 'now' I may lose my anxiety but I also lose my purpose.
I saw him on Oprah :laughing:
I felt the same way about what he said, though I understand for cases when you are in pain or can't progress because ego is in the way.. I'd agree that it can be a vehicle for making choices and directing life. Everything's good in balance

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Shofixiti, after I watch the video I will reply more but it does sound like "there is no self" from Buddhism by what you said.
Losing your purpose? That hit me like a bullet from the cosmos, death from above.
I dont think we have introduced ourselves yet. So allow me to say, hello and I am glad to have meet your acquaintances and hope to chat with you some more.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I watched the video and I don't see where he is saying that we loose our purpose. Do you care to help clarify Shofixti.
To me he is saying that our identity is in the now but I may be wrong so does anybody care to help me understand if I am mistaken.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I watched the video and I don't see where he is saying that we loose our purpose. Do you care to help clarify Shofixti.
To me he is saying that our identity is in the now but I may be wrong so does anybody care to help me understand if I am mistaken.
I guess no one wants to help you out. lol..:crazy:

·
Registered
378 Posts
In a way as an INFJ I can feel quite alienated by LoA and the Secret type stuff. It is certainly not bad to read and consider these philosophies.

When I consider all the energy you can put into 'attracting' something I just tell myself it's better to simply not want it in the first place and that seems to be the faster route to contentment. I believe you can be truly happy right this instant in a way that is not contingent on anything in the physical world.

In relation to dream boards, this seems to be an intensely Sensor oriented activity, I'm not sure I could represent all the abstracts I'm attached to in two dimensions.
House, no. Car, no. Spouse, no. Kids, no. I don't want to possess things I just want to radiate something positive and to have it received and returned in equal or greater measure. I want to inch closer to perfection, like a fatted catterpillar on a juicy leaf.
This is pretty much how I feel about it.

'The secret' was a total scam imo. Telling people they didn't get what they want bc they think too negatively, even when they have illnesses out of their control? What a crock of shit.. to me it's just a placebo, ofc if you believe you will receive it, you will be more motivated to work towards achieving it, even moreso if you believe a greater force is conducting the transactions.
I saw those dream boards on oprah and didn't see the point bc I already know TOO WELL what I want.. it's my insatiable desires and perfectionism I need to fight more than anything.

If I want something I usually obsess over it and get "needy"... I'll try not to and distract myself for awhile, but I can't distract myself ultimately from the fact that I'm distracting myself, and continue to feeling empty until I achieve the goal. I think this is one of the main sources of my depressive tendencies. I always keep in mind that I might not get what I want and try to accept what I already have. It's bloody hard for someone with an overactive imagination, maladapted to 'reality', but persuading myself to believe without any actual evidence that I will get what I want is too psychologically 'risky' for how easily disappointed I can become.

The bottom line is being pragmatic if you really want something, or if it's easier to let things come to you, then your intuition must be flexible enough to adapt to the unpredictability of the outcome. You can do that with gritty hard nosed pessimism just as well as you can with a positive attitude! I disagree that you will be less open if you aren't expecting the best bc by expecting nothing I'm allowing myself to be surprised. I guess I prefer to leave things up to fate or chance bc I've met wonderful people through the ~law of synchronicity~ :) It was totally unplanned, but when it happened I recognised straightaway that it was one of those carpe diem moments and I'd never felt more like my life had some sense of direction than after those meaningful coincidences. I find that the fine line between goal setting and ocd tends to fuck me over into nihilistic spirals, so you just gotta let the positivity come to you whenever it's ready.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It can get quite confusing when people are not aware of who they are. For example, we can easily claim we have diseases out of our control which would easily that there are outer forces equal to a 'god' but we also claim there is no such thing as gods. This conflict however is natural and also hard to spot considering we live on several different levels of consciousness at the same time. Different levels would have different highlights, all appearing right at the same time, and they are, indeed. The problem is that these truths are hardly interconnected. This would be the reason why we would get something by not wanting it, we still want that thing as badly as before and even more so, just that we used a trick to trigger higher meanings.
Life surprises us no matter how many plans we would make about it. In our current state, the information is best perceived while transmitted in a linear manner, but life gives us countless simultaneous events. The purpose is to choose those we want to represent who we are.
When we ask for something (to god, to ourselves, to someone else etc.), we always get what we want, but we may not always get it through the 'channel' we thought of. But there is also another problem, of what we actually wished for. Behind the superficial thought of wanting someone to love, there is another wish. This wish is either filled with selfishness or with love. Behind this thought there is again another one and so on. Finally, there would be a curve tending to react in our current lives. The source of this curve is either the + infinite (the 'light', 'love', the source of energy), or - infinite (hate, sadness, the black hole). If the beginning is empty, then the result is also empty or filled with emptiness. These thoughts are always infinite and follow an up and down scale, they are always fluctuating between - and + and their result would always be the same. This is where our choice takes places because we can choose to stop at a + or - mark, we may choose to go up or/and down. This law of attraction is actually the process of receiving what we have chosen for, either consciously of unconsciously.
The purpose behind our current purposes is that we have to find a way to prove ourselves we are alive, that we exist. Because we can never stop existing, we always need to choose something, to prove our existance through experience. One self is never lost or vanished into a bigger picture, just the way my hand may be improperly called body, but while it is attached to the rest of my body, is still a hand and have the specific characteristics. Indeed, a hand without body, or a body without a hand would be much more incapacitated than when working together.

The biggest fight for mankind is now understanding that there is nothing it fights against. For me, my fight is now not forgetting who I am, and choosing what I want consciously. But I wouldn't call it a fight, because afterall is just a game as nothing is actually hurting me. But the game wouldn't be so entertaining if people would know they would never die, would it? This is what motivates them in this moment to take more choices, to try to become 'more' perfect although they are already perfect.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Tell me about it Gc every time I get into a decent conversation on here "bam" it just goes away. And for the first time I am asking for clarification.
Ok LINUS it is up to you do you care to help clarify for me.
And am I the only one who doesn't watch oprah?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I first saw him on what looked like an Oprah special, separate from her talk show.. called "A new Earth." There are even web classes o_o; I don't watch the one on TV, but I have heard he is on there too. I'm sure you can find this program on youtube
He goes into more detail about what you're asking, throughout the episodes. Essentially he is saying desire and identifying with/being attached to our emotions/personality/ careers/ etc causes suffering. If we can quiet down and remain detached and see ourselves at our purest state, which is void of judgment, we always have peace of mind.
The identity lies in the past and future. For the past is just an accumulation of our memories, experiences, things we say that we have learned about ourselves. They become attachments. We use these to determine what to do for the future. We end up never really living in the present. It might be said this is more emphasized in the show or he says it over and over, so then the impression is that he is telling you to let go of your self. He calls the self the ego.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So nobody has yet explain to me how he says' we give up our purpose in life?
I seem to be correct when I mentioned that it sound's like he is saying "there is no self" from Buddha, along with everything else he seems to be saying. That was the only video I watched but if that is the case I am very familiar with Buddha's words. and would rather hear it from the source untainted. Thank's Linus for not leaving me hanging.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts