Personality Cafe banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Considering the fact that I work...I don't get to watch Oprah. I could do without seeing Tom Cruise jumping up and down on the couch...hmmm, unless he's yelling my name but then that would simply be creepy because I don't know the man and I think he's gotten a little bit loopy in his old age.

So anyhow...maybe "he" isn't saying that we have to give up our purpose in life but to allow the purpose to be written for you instead of you struggling to write your purpose the way you want it to be. Giving up control. Accepting the notion that life is as it is meant to be and being happy with it. If we are always focusing on what we want for the future we are missing the entire point of living in the now hence missing out on living life. Live like you have all you want, anything more would just be bonus blessings. There is no self as in selfish, me-me-me...we need to be selfless. Our purpose is to live, multiply and through selflessness in our service to other's we might find our "purpose".

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I knew there was a reason I take interest in your post Waterviloet :)
I didn't figure you for a Tom Cruise type of girl but life is full of surprises

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Totally not after the Tom Cruise type - a bit overrated, just like Brad Pitt. Besides...he couldn't handle this...haha!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ah Waterviolet.. what you wrote that's really much better :laughing:

I always thought identity and purpose in life is kind of the same... but anyway

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
this is PRECISELY why ENFPs like to be so spontaneous. when we're reacting to things as they come we don't have time to develop doubts about things, we can just go with it and if you believe nothing will go wrong and that you can improvise your way out of any situation you will do. it's when i have too much time to think about things that i fail badly because i start thinking about doubts.

i think the law of attraction is mostly true, and it's something i noticed about my own life before i even found out about it, but the explanation is bull. it's not the "universe granting wishes" it's the fact that everything in life is so much easier than you dared to dream, and it's just the belief and confidence to go for it that you need. anything is possible if you want it badly enough and you believe.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
All of this is so confusing! Trying to bounce around from one personal theory to the other is like meandering through a bakery on an empty stomach...

I'm still trying to decipher everyone else's points and throw them in a frame of reference for examination...

But in the meantime, here's mine.

I will admit that I have overly dramatized and romanticized the whole "soulmates" theory, making it seem rather 'blown out of proportion' if you will. But as for attracting that mate... Well, I suppose you can say I "cheat".

The last girl I fell for I met on the bus one day. I saw her get on and, without even having the time to consider anything, a mental 'force' kind of hit me and I 'knew' there was something I really liked about her. After I finally started to get to know her better, it turned out that I was right.

In a way, the Law of Attraction works for me, to a point. My intuition will always guide me to the right girl... The problem is that she usually already has a boyfriend. Or a kid. Eugh.

Eh, just my luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My thoughts in "Laws of Attraction" would be that it does work, but not in the way most people think.

It works by "where your focus is" on the negative or the positive. Because two people can see the very same thing but get out of it... two very different ideas.

Also, our thoughts and reality must agree. Otherwise, we would go crazy.

So, if I were thinking "bad things" about myself ---- I would be "sub-consciously" looking for situations and people around me that backed-up my thoughts. (Like, a see-I-told-you-so kinda thing) ---- The very thing things happens with positive thinking.

Laws of Attraction = Perception and Focus

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It seems nobody wants to talk about our indecisiveness but some our post kinda points that out without having to post about it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
LOL, I like how you edited your comment Linus a little spin of humor to help prove your point. :tongue:
How indecisive we are.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts