Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing special, just thought if i jazzed up the name a bit more ppl would look

you're walking up to a counter, still chuckling from a joke your friend made when you notice a girl (or guy) from behind- you think "wow she seems hot, i wonder what she looks like". she turns. your eyes meet, and suddenly your heart does a backflip- the chuckle vanishing from your face. the moment lasts maybe a couple of seconds and she's walking away. dazed, you walk to the counter and do all the stuff you were going to do like it's a dream. still dizzy, you wonder whether she felt the exact same thing, and feel she must have- your instincts have been right about that kind of thing in the past.. you curse the fact that you're leaving the hostel tommorow, and yourself for not at least saying hi in that brief moment, even though you were so shocked you know you couldn't have said anything. you don't know her, but something tells you she is someone amazing.

in my entire life i've had maybe 5-10 of these moments, and only once when i've been able to get to know the girl (and yes we did get together). i wanna know if you guys get these moments too, because i know for me they are unexplainable- and i'm someone who thinks everything is explainable. in a flash i can tell more about the person's vibe than anyone else i've ever met in such a short glimpse.

and no i'm not crazy, and i'm not desperate either- i believe with everything i've got that these moments are real.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeeee i love those moments...the connection....and i can't explain it sorry.....but i hope to have another real soon because its been a loooon long time! About 2 years ago was the last with some fella that reeked gorgeousness...mmm...yes, and moving away....previous to that, 6 years ago i had the same with the last guy i was in LTR (long term rel.) ....Ps. The 2 year ago one i didnt act on by the way....i waited until i was single again :tongue:

Pps. The last guy i hada fling with I dont even remember meeting him, not because I was out of it, he just genuinely did not sweep me off my feet at first sight when he approached me at the bar (i know this because he told me)....then i remember i was just like "oh yer, here we go"...but he was so down to earth, we got chatting and got on so well....strangely though, of all what i would consider 'serious' relationships, i have deeper feelings for him than any of the previous (and we only dated 3 months and that he wasn't even all that in the bedroom department)...so as a side note, i don't think it necessarily leads to great relationships...its the chemistry or animal instinct i think....which if not leading to a solid relationship, definately equals AMAZING sex!

Hahha
pie x

·
Registered
117 Posts
YES! Hahahahahaha, I've experienced it before too...

Was once at a place when I saw this girl, she turned and zam! Whoa! It's like... !!! This indescribable feeling that I get about her...

·
Registered
129 Posts
THREAD= LIFE.

I remember one time I was waiting for the bus about a year ago, just minding my own business about to go a friend's apartment. I'm waiting for said bus outside my apartment building, and there is a hairdressing school also directly outside my apartment building. I look up from my phone and one of the (kind of absolutely gorgeous) students is looking at me (with that look) and I almost dropped my damn phone. We both sat there for like, five minutes staring at each other before the bus came. We still see each other every now and then, and its so clear that we desperately just want to say hi to each other...but social awkwardness and boundary permits.

It's really just one of those FML moments. At first you think "are you looking at me?" and then you have to spend a minute building confidence, and once you realize you're hot and that said person is indeed looking at you, you get even more nervous. "What do I do? Should I say something?" By this time they're probably already gone and you want to knee yourself in the face. I should start carrying a flask of vodka with me anywhere in case situations like this happen again and I'm in need of some quick self-esteem.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I can't say I have experienced that, but I was at a party once and this guy, a really funny, and friendly and nice guy struck up a conversation and really hit it off. His friend (we were all among a group of others who didn't know each other well) was standing by the sidelines looking content to do so. He didn't say much. After the party everyone who didn't know each other exchanged phone #s and email addresses etc. The lot of us just really clicked. However, the one guy who barely said two words to anyone really stood out in my mind. I knew we'd end up hanging out again.

4 years later I married him.

Does that count?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I think it's called being in your 20s. :unsure:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
That's what Craigslist Missed Connections is for.
This must be why I check them. Never know when I missed someone's lightning bolt. :laughing:

·
Registered
273 Posts
This has to be one of my favorite feelings in the world..and the most destructive. I've had a handful of those "wow" moments, but I've only had one that really rocked me. It actually changed me and I find myself comparing everyone to that one person. Never the same.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't say I have experienced that, but I was at a party once and this guy, a really funny, and friendly and nice guy struck up a conversation and really hit it off. His friend (we were all among a group of others who didn't know each other well) was standing by the sidelines looking content to do so. He didn't say much. After the party everyone who didn't know each other exchanged phone #s and email addresses etc. The lot of us just really clicked. However, the one guy who barely said two words to anyone really stood out in my mind. I knew we'd end up hanging out again.

4 years later I married him.

Does that count?
no but that's a fucking good story. i can literally imagine the uncanny feeling you describe right now.

and that's another indescribable "feeling" i get too. not quite as powerful, but when you see someone and get this feeling that you're going to get along and probably get together- it's like "i'm not going to do anything fancy, i'm just going to simply talk to you next chance i get, and we'll end up being close, i dunno how i know but i do".
i agree with what someone said before though, the lightning bolt effect usually only proves to be a fling, the kind of fling which has more of an effect on you than a fling possibly should..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
nothing special, just thought if i jazzed up the name a bit more ppl would look

you're walking up to a counter, still chuckling from a joke your friend made when you notice a girl (or guy) from behind- you think "wow she seems hot, i wonder what she looks like". she turns. your eyes meet, and suddenly your heart does a backflip- the chuckle vanishing from your face. the moment lasts maybe a couple of seconds and she's walking away. dazed, you walk to the counter and do all the stuff you were going to do like it's a dream. still dizzy, you wonder whether she felt the exact same thing, and feel she must have- your instincts have been right about that kind of thing in the past.. you curse the fact that you're leaving the hostel tommorow, and yourself for not at least saying hi in that brief moment, even though you were so shocked you know you couldn't have said anything. you don't know her, but something tells you she is someone amazing.

in my entire life i've had maybe 5-10 of these moments, and only once when i've been able to get to know the girl (and yes we did get together). i wanna know if you guys get these moments too, because i know for me they are unexplainable- and i'm someone who thinks everything is explainable. in a flash i can tell more about the person's vibe than anyone else i've ever met in such a short glimpse.

and no i'm not crazy, and i'm not desperate either- i believe with everything i've got that these moments are real.
*An infj creeps in and hides in the corner beside a window*

name made me look. i wasn't even going to go to the ENFP den tonight like most nights but i saw "The lighting bolt effect" sign and had to take a look.

i never get these moments. it sound like a wonderful feeling. if i got it i would have to consider what it was though. every time i am attracted to someone i have to reflect on my feelings to make sure that they are what i think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts