Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was curious whether or not it's personal preference or a personality related process. When seeing people on the street, what do you find attractive? It's less about visual preference but the little things.

To give an example, I'm quick an noticing patters and clockworks. I'm generally attracted by things that aren't the norm in a very subtle way rather than just being different for the sake of being different (e.g dressing like a gangster, rocker, metal'er or emo).

So, this is what I'm talking about. Take a lefty for instance, I notice left handers almost immediately and it intrigues me a lot and my interest starts skyrocketing causing me to have a hard time taking my eyes off of the person, at least if it's the opposite gender. :tongue: There certainly is more, but it's one of the few I'm aware of so this thread may even turns out to be personally helpful in a way.

Now, for dating or other things that would never become a criteria of course but merely trying to see whether or not such a thing is shared among personality type.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it technically boils down to what makes people get your attention without them even trying or you knowing them - they simply have something about them that makes you pay attention to them.

This is probably the about the best I can describe it for now. Though, I might be coming back to the topic at hand once I get a more clear vision of what it is myself. It's kind of rough to put in words ;>

·
Registered
43 Posts
I notice leftys too. I'm definitely attracted to that which sticks out.
Speaking of visual differences, abnormal eye-colours or large noses stick out and I stare like crazy, out of wonderment, attraction.
Auditory differences, laughs and voices can intrigue me if they're unique enough.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, as I hang up from a conference call, I just realized it's not always visible. Some voices just immediately attract me.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Queer people. My gaydar is always on and seeing gays/lesbians/queers in any other version just makes my day.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Oh, I see what you mean, Erbse.

I guess...one thing that really stands out for me is tattoos. I don't have any tattoos myself, but the kind of tattoos a person has says a lot about the person itself. First I notice the artwork itself, whether or not I like (classy vs. trashy), the history of tattoo (what made the person decide to get that tattoo), and other odd thoughts (like you'll be regretting getting that tattoo when you're old and wrinkly, etc.)

Reactions: Erbse

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[...] and other odd thoughts (like you'll be regretting getting that tattoo when you're old and wrinkly, etc.)
I'm not much of a tattoo fan so they don't grab my attention specifically, though, this specific thought is the first one I have whenever I see one. So I figure it's not an odd thought at all :tongue:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Facial expressions of the various personality types get me really curious. I'll stare at ENFJ's because of their warm facial expression, I'll stare at ESTP's because of their goofy looking smug attitudes, I'll stare at ISTP's because we have the dumbest looking facial expressions sometimes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Seeing as how so many girls seem to spend a lot of money and time on looking as generically "hawt" as possible, I'm attracted to girls who don't care (but not in an "I'm depressed" way).

Like the time I had a class with a girl who carried her books in a canvas backpack. :blushed: Too bad she already had a boyfriend. :mellow:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
attention catchers... lets see...

If someone looks more natural instead of all made up and fake. This particularly goes for women.
Self-made/non-mainstream fashion sense.

other than that I REALLY don't pay attention at all to people. Can basically be summed up as if I know you or you are approaching me for some interaction, then yes I will acknowledge your existence. If your not, then you are basically invisible unless you are gonna have some sort of affect on my life.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I always notice the tiniest body movements or facial expressions. And I break down what it means or why they're doing it. And if it's for a cute reason, I take more notice. Also, if it's for a reason that irks me, like if they're doing something out of OCD or nervousness.

I'm only posting in this thread because it's so old.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
So I was curious whether or not it's personal preference or a personality related process. When seeing people on the street, what do you find attractive?
I have always been fascinated and attracted to members of the opposite gender with a rare eye coloration. I like to get lost in them.
If that counts and is at all relative.

I'm only posting in this thread because it's so old.

I just had to. :proud:

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
I notice the way people walk, or the way they take in their environment. [Oblivious, aware, glacial, quick, etc.]
I notice their posture, small details of what they're wearing.
I always notice lefties, as I am left handed, but I can only notice this if they eat left handed or they have a pen in hand.
Regarding someone being attractive, I always notice their mouths, teeth, the way they speak. I also notice their eyes and whether they can make and hold eye contact. In particular with men, I tend to look at their waists, hair, eyes, mouths, and shoes. I sort of take in everything, and see if one fascination leads to the next.

I am very attracted to clothing. Colors. Textures. Style.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I really don't notice much about people, I don't notice people much. If I notice anything at all, I notice very beautiful people, or their clothing. If it's a warm place and people are showing more skin then I definitely do notice body shapes. Come to think of it I'm sort of obsessed with body shape. That and the clothing on it are just about all I see - not the style but just how it fits - I'm superficial like that, and I'm judgmental about when people wear clothes that don't flatter. So you don't have the perfect figure, most of us don't, so why would you wear clothing that accentuates your imperfections? And hygiene, I notice that, too, and I'm completely turned off by people whose hair and skin don't look clean.

It's strange to realize I'm so critical of these things, I really don't dress that well myself, but as casual as I dress, I always wear clothing that fits and flatters.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
I have a tendency to notice everything, but that doesn't mean I pay attention to everything. I'm always aware of my surroundings, always watching my sides and back. And I tend to look where I am stepping. Yes, I do notice the flowers and an occasional $20 bill on the ground.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I notice people who don't fit into any group. We have a lot of hipsters, yuppies, hiphop guys, college bros - I just put them in a category subconsciously and look away to scan for something thats actually interesting. When someone doesn't fit into a category, my eyes are all over them -- well as much as I can get away with without being weird about it.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I notice the way people walk, or the way they take in their environment. [Oblivious, aware, glacial, quick, etc.]
I notice their posture, small details of what they're wearing.
I always notice lefties, as I am left handed, but I can only notice this if they eat left handed or they have a pen in hand.
Regarding someone being attractive, I always notice their mouths, teeth, the way they speak. I also notice their eyes and whether they can make and hold eye contact. In particular with men, I tend to look at their waists, hair, eyes, mouths, and shoes. I sort of take in everything, and see if one fascination leads to the next.

I am very attracted to clothing. Colors. Textures. Style.
Ditto. For some reason, I look at how people walk a lot. If their toes point outward, if they have a slight lean or limp, if they walk on the balls of their feet and bounce. Bad posture is a pet peeve, so I really notice that.

Seriously, ditto on everything you said. And for men, particularly in suits, I look at their shoes and belt to check if they match. I love when people know how to dress. Especially men.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Ditto. For some reason, I look at how people walk a lot. If their toes point outward, if they have a slight lean or limp, if they walk on the balls of their feet and bounce. Bad posture is a pet peeve, so I really notice that.

Seriously, ditto on everything you said. And for men, particularly in suits, I look at their shoes and belt to check if they match. I love when people know how to dress. Especially men.
Men in three piece suit really make me crazy.
Bouncy balls of the feet walking with a clenched butt is The most comical, and most unattractive walk ever.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts