Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just think there should be a nice little thread where we can talk about the times when we feel good because:

a. Something nice was done for you
b. You did something nice for someone else
c. Anything else (e.g. a really awesome rainbow or sunset or something)

The event can be small or large, random or planned, etc.

Both feel good, and it's okay to feel good for doing something nice for someone.

Anyways, I look forward to feeling a renewed faith in humanity and life. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Nice thread. :happy:

This week there was a remarkably long line at the bank, and I had to get out because I forgot something I didnt have with me and to fill out a slip, 7ish minutes when I came back the lady who was in front of me held my spot and let me go infront of her (I never asked). Thought that was very sweet.

This month also when I was driving along I had to stop for a crosswalk at an elementary school because a group of kids were passing by. The kids were 1st/2nd graders and as they passed they were pointing at my cars headlights thinking it was the coolest thing bececause theyre circular and flip up.

So I closed them and then opened them back up again and the kids were jumping up and down with excitement thinking it was the most amazing thing ever.

The crosswalk lady was also smiling too because the kids were happy, so it made me all fizzyfuzzly inside.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got fizzyfuzzly too :kitteh:

Reactions: X X

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
A friend started a PIF program. Once a month she goes downtown in a large city, picks someone by some rather generous critera and says, "I want to by your lunch, in honor of an angel I have known" and gives them a twenty. She realizes that some will by booze or drugs, but maybe more will do something to take care of their needs for a day, maybe share, and that can change people. She has had some medical bills to deal with, and I have joined with her - I give her the money and she does the donating. We haven't missed a month yet.

A simpler thing, when I am in line with a full grocery basket, and someone comes up that a few items, I let then go ahead - and say, Just pay it back to so stranger some day. Simple things, hold a door for someone that has their arms full - and about 20 % of my take-home( well, retirement pay) goes to charity or diredt person to person giving. And we (my wife and I) elped a friend who was terminal stay in her home til the end. None of this made a difference in by bank account - I just spent on others what i would have spent on myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.