Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a test that measures the amount of Machiavellian traits you have in you. I want to see how your MBTI type relates to your score:
Machiavellianism Test (MACH-IV)

My results:
Your score was 74 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Your score was 64 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Your score was 56 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

INFPs are idealists so obviously Machiavelli wouldn't approve of us.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Your score was 57 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

ENTP.

But anyway, I would like to say my seeing goodness in people is becoming very strained. I am starting to withdraw and take a more self-sufficient approach to life as opposed to collaborating and relying on others just out of self-preservation. The earth seems to be running low on altruistic people. Or maybe it's just where I live :crazy:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
ENFP.

Your score was 53 of 100.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ENTP

Your score was 53 of 100.

Reactions: Falling Foxes
2,427 Posts
I wonder how I would do on this test? :unsure::crazy::laughing::cool:

Actually I've seen this test several times. Surprise, surprise, I always score REALLY high. However I don't think that means anything, because I know what the questions are asking and therefore I can dictate how I'll score. With that said though, I do believe the high score is accurate.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wonder how I would do on this test? :unsure::crazy::laughing::cool:

Actually I've seen this test several times. Surprise, surprise, I always score REALLY high. However I don't think that means anything, because I know what the questions are asking and therefore I can dictate how I'll score. With that said though, I do believe the high score is accurate.
HAHA. These are the moments I live for. Thank you for making my day!

Reactions: Vindicator Phoenix

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Your score was 58 of 100.

Probably some silly NF thing. I actually don''t have much faith in the world or people any more.

2,427 Posts
I'll go over the questions though... :cool:

Never tell anyone the real reason you did something unless it is useful to do so.
I couldn't agree more. My one buddy said to me once, "You know, whenever you say you are going to do something, you always say the socially acceptable reason for doing it, and then you follow it up by saying the real reason for doing it. Like 'I'm going to help with this charity because I really support what they are trying to do, and there are probably hot naive girls there." Thanks to his observation though, now I make sure I only give the socially acceptable reason and never the real reason, unless it is strategically beneficial.

The best way to handle people is to tell them what they want to hear.
Usually, but not always. There are exceptions where telling them the truth is more useful.

One should take action only when sure it is morally right.
:laughing:

Most people are basically good and kind.
I would strongly agree with this one, if we added the following, "Most people wish to appear as though they are basically good and kind."

It is safest to assume that all people have a vicious streak and it will come out when they are given a chance.
Safest indeed.

Honesty is the best policy in all cases.
:laughing:

There is no excuse for lying to someone else.
Sure there are. Lot's of them actually. To get what you want, to help you achieve a goal, because you felt like it, etc.

Generally speaking, people won't work hard unless they're forced to do so.
A good general rule, indeed.

All in all, it is better to be humble and honest than to be important and dishonest.
Disagree completely.

When you ask someone to do something for you, it is best to give the real reasons for wanting it rather than giving reasons which carry more weight.
No, no, no, no, no. :laughing: This is why people have a hard time influencing others, because they do stupid shit like this.

Most people who get ahead in the world lead clean, moral lives.
I kinda doubt that. :laughing: I don't think most people in general lead "clean moral lives."

Anyone who completely trusts anyone else is asking for trouble.
Agree times a thousand. What can I say, I have trust issues. But that aside, this is great advice.

The biggest difference between most criminals and other people is that the criminals are stupid enough to get caught.
I disagree. I think the biggest difference is that "regular people" respond to incentives better. If they knew for certain that they could rob a bank without getting caught, they would definitely do it.

Most people are brave.
No.

It is wise to flatter important people.
Yes.

It is possible to be good in all respects.
No.

P.T. Barnum was wrong when he said that there's a sucker born every minute.
Yes he was. In truth, there is a sucker born every second. :laughing: A few of them even!

It is hard to get ahead without cutting corners here and there.
It is harder.

People suffering from incurable diseases should have the choice of being put painlessly to death.
Yes, I support euthanasia.

Most people forget more easily the death of their parents than the loss of their property.
That depends how much property was at stake.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your score was 82 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because of that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

·
Registered
159 Posts
62 out of 100. INFP ( ? _ ? )

This puts you in the high Machs...
Yeah I agree with my score, I'm becoming more & more disgusted with the World over the past while.
The greed and corruption baffles me. :(
I'd feel terrible if I were to tell someone about an article I read/news I heard, and made a mistake with even a little piece of information, like a figure, location etc. It would bother me until I tell them I was wrong. Maybe I'm alone on this?! But I often think about why people hurt one another & it's upsetting. The governments are Hippocrates. Not only them though...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Pffft.

I got 37 out of 100. ENFP.

Lol. ^^

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Your score was 80 of 100.

·
Registered
573 Posts
52/100 -- low Machs.

Not terribly surprised considering I'm not too big into manipulating people. However, I do have a very dim, Hobbesian view of humanity. I don't doubt that what we call civilized society really only exists because each individual by and large benefits from not going berserk on their fellow man.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Your score was 55 of 100.

I guess I agree. Machiavelli was pretty misunderstood and I think that was due to politics during his time being pretty messed up.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts