Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 413 Posts
I scored 75/100; in the category of high Machs. I'm an INFJ.

It would be very interesting to see some more people here taking the test; I'd also like to see how my score fares compared to other INFJs.

Reactions: Windblownhair
Your score was 66 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

I don't care for manipulating people and kissing asses to get ahead, but I don't believe in the goodness of the world either.

Your score was 81 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not believe in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

Almost everything is a political affair (even family and friendly relations)

Umm... I thought @Niccolo Machiavelli was an INTJ. Not sure why this isn't in the INTJ forum.
:blushed::blushed::blushed:

Actually though, this same quiz has been posted in a lot of different places on the forum. Same with "What type is Machiavelli." On the one site I saw, he is listed as an ENTP, but I and several others argue INTJ. :cool:

My score was 45/100, so I am a low Mach. I'm happy with that result, too.

I am an ISTJ. And I have the second-lowest score on here (for now).
Yeah... ): I'm surprised by the fact that there appears to be more high scores than low. We can't be the only ones here. O___O

There is a difference between thoughts and actions. I'm sure I would score considerably higher than my behavior would indicate.

Your score was 80 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

Your score was 81 of 100.

A graph of how others who have taken this have scores is below. These scores should not be taken as population norms though, the people who seek out tests of machivellianism on the internet are most likely not representative.

I find that the entire premise of many of these questions actually bias the answers towards a more Machiavellian response. The issue comes when a questions is asked assuming does instead of should. Machiavelli is the basis for our entire society, thus asking questions about how things are i.e. "It is hard to get ahead without cutting corners here and there." or "Most people who get ahead in the world lead clean, moral lives." These questions do not in fact give a clear understanding of whether an individual has Machiavellian tendencies, but rather that the world has Machiavellian tendencies. I very much believe that it is true that people who "get ahead in life" are not typically very moral, but with every fiber of my being I wish this wasn't the case.

I much preferred the questions asking "should". Better examples of the above questions should be "should people cut corners to get ahead" or "should people who like moral/immoral lives get ahead in life." Questions like this do not already assume a Machiavellian set up of the world.

P.S. No offense to anyone, but I feel as though this "test" doesn't understand Machiavelli at all.

I got 46/100 (very much overestimated if you ask me), granting me a low Machiavellian status. "Not the people Machiavelli would approve of." I say good, he is the last person, dead or alive, that I would ever want to approve of me!

69 out of 100

I've been saying my beliefs about humanity are Machiavellian since middle school.
I don't believe in inherent goodness.

Reactions: Vindicator Phoenix
Your score was 69 of 100.

I gave neutral anwers on a lot of questions because I don't necc. believe that the answers were always the best course, or didn't agree with the reasons the test associated with them. I definitely don't agree with the idea that people are inherently good.

Your score was 67 of 100.

21 - 40 of 413 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.