Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While typing people I've come across a type 3 who seems to emphasize their macho-ness, and strength. They seem to be lacking some of the image qualities 3s have but it still seems to be there.

Can you tell me anything about these macho, chest pounding 3s? What other types may they be? They seem like 8s to a large extent.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I can see how a 3 would want to live up to that image and project it - but it's not a common image for 3's to take because until and unless it's a requirement for some sort of success, it serves no purpose in the end.

3's build an image around who they already are and are capable of ... they don't create such a vast difference from their actual self that it would seem obviously fake. If a 3 isn't actually something and is trying to be as such --- it would be painfully obvious --- and it would also increase the possibility of a 3 being exposed.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
While typing people I've come across a type 3 who seems to emphasize their macho-ness, and strength. They seem to be lacking some of the image qualities 3s have but it still seems to be there.

Can you tell me anything about these macho, chest pounding 3s? What other types may they be? They seem like 8s to a large extent.
there is definitely a type of 3 that is into this (I call them the "Gaston 3s"), but I think this is more common among a particular brand of cp6 than it is 3. 3s would be more likely to look at such a person and think "wow, that's embarrassing"

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
A reckless 7 fix can turn a 3w2 into a baboon when untreated, why not go for a triple aggressive and give it a 8w7 fix as well.

3w2-7w6-8w7 Oh man.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They would definitely have to be trying to fulfill an image with it and this would separate them from an 8. The frat boy 3, eh?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I was really intrigued by this thread, because I lived with someone I thought was a very unhealthy 3. They were a freaking ape when mad-huffing and puffing, "bumping" into me-I was always so tempted to say "Just freaking pound your fists on your chest, and get it over with already!" it was actually kind of comical to me. Things I wouldn't even shake two fists at really set them off; Come to think of it, I'm disappointed that we didn't record some of our arguments on tape, both of us probably could have made some serious bank off of them (on Comedy Central) :p

I think @Scruffy might be on to something, in my particular case. I think they were a triple aggressive tritype, for sure.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
For me, I don't think I'd be in the gym lifting weights, but I have found myself in the young man in a hurry position. I felt I was going somewhere, where I'm not sure, but somewhere and I was going to be successful. I was ambitious. This also alienated a lot of people from me. But I don't condemn people for taking such a view, especially with things like No Child Left Behind, there's a story in the Post today about giving new type of math exams to students that will be even harder...as if math wasn't hard enough, and a lot of those schools will see a drop in performance. And I think its this attitude that is built around competition and success, that forms the building blocks for macho chest pounding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts