Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Manilla Folder Club

So I'm a Junior in High School. For the first two years of high school, I didn't really do anything. However, when I was a freshman, there was a club called the Failure club.(ironic name, huh?) The aim of the club was to think of a big goal, and then come back every week with updates on that goal.

However, there was a catch. You weren't allowed to make goals based off of relationships, grades, or weight loss (to avoid things like eating disorders). I think because of that alone, a good 40% of the club left after the first two weeks, because their goals mostly focused around those three areas anyway.

I personally left after four meetings, because I didn't know anyone at the meetings, and I was terrible at meeting people at the time. Every meeting consisted of a bunch of seniors talking about what'd they'd normally talk about at lunch, just in a room for the club.

The club ended up dying after about three months. It's been two years now, and I'd like to re-ignite the club under a different name, the "Manilla Folder Club." The reason I want to use this name is because I have a supply of 300 manilla folders that I never got to using. And since January, I've been keeping all of my life goals in a manilla folder, updating it from time to time.

With that being said, here's how my school club will be formatted.

-Club Meetings will be every two weeks during lunch, so that people have a chance to think about their goals and update their portfolios so they don't have to cram everything into one week.

-The aim of the club is not only to promote motivation to those that already have goals, but to promote inspiration to those that don't already have them. I've noticed that a lot of my peers complain about how they're not going to get anywhere in life. I think that with this club, maybe we can make some epiphanies happen.

-I'll make an effort to buy pizza for the club every meeting (Food really does help you think!)

-For the people without goals that need some sort of initiative, I'll share my phone number and Skype details with them so that I can discuss their goals with them during my free time (which I have a lot of), and I'll share my updates to my goals with people during meetings, alongside those that want to share their goals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like every club, this club is starting as just an experiment. Ideally, it'll turn out to be a full fledged school club, and hopefully I'll be able to change at least one person's life/perspective/confidence from this for the better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, anyone have suggestions on any changes/additions I could make to this club idea? I've already found a potential sponsor for the club, and a couple of people that are interested in joining.

·
Banned
573 Posts
Just a suggestion: Besides one having a goal, also ask what one is thankful for, every two weeks. :kitteh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts