Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Midge: ESTJ. She was a blunt but traditional housewife until her husband left, and then she opened up her tert-Ne into comedy routines. Her inferior Fi shows in her rants / emotions manifesting under stress, but she actually handles being 'left' with surprising detachment / Te-dom pragmatism ("That's my suitcase... you gonna leave with my suitcase?"). Si/Ne in being semi-afraid of writing her own stuff at first, going out on a limb, fearful of repeating her negative experiences (bombing again); she's also incredibly detail-oriented (meticulous, takes notes, keeps her children settled in routines, repeats her own mother's nighttime routine, works on and hones the same jokes to perfection, etc).

ETA: Her mom's a Fe-dom / ESFJ (nice contrast between them, actually); her dad strikes me as... INTP? Maybe? Si user, + Thinker, + poor emotional awareness. Seems to fit more than ISTJ.

Ex-hubby... no idea, but his parents seem to be high Ne (mom) and ESTJ (dad).

Not sure about Sophie. She's confusing me. ISTP? Some sort of thinker, maybe with some Ni, but not sure how high it is.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Midge: ESTJ
Susie: IxTx
Mom: ESFJ I thought she was an ISFJ at first but ESFJ fits better I think.
Dad: This guy has Te and Fi...that's all I know.
Joel: Introverted Feeler of some kind I think.

Great show. The dinner scene is probably the funniest scene Ive ever seen on film. Or in general.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
love this show.
Midge: ESTJ, ennea maybe 3w2 6w7 1w2? In the second season she's really competitive and really concerned about how others see her, but strikes me as neither naturally really warm and people focused, nor identity focused. She also focuses on authority; and tends toward perfectionism

Susie: xSTP; Se opportunism, seems to know how to connect with people and 'play the game' to get success. Aggressive with it and less subtle, so I lean antisocial ESTP. Really not sure of her tritype. Wants success but doesn't care how others see her individually - so maybe 4w3 in there somewhere? other than that, no clue

Mom: ESFJ, I liked seeing her tap into Ne this season. Passive-aggressively manipulates a situation and revels in her own freedom, but still don't feel strong enough at enneagram typing to attempt that.

Dad: ISTJ? Seems to be a large focus on how things 'should' be and fumeeeeees this season. He wants control more than anything and he crumbles when it's take from him. I don't want to spoil for anyone so I'll keep it vague but so many things go against his constructed view of reality that you really see him splinter. I could see unhealthy looping INTP too, but honestly it seems Si > Ne to me at this point and I struggle to see Fe at all tbh

Joel Maisel: Fe-user. Constantly swallows whatever he wants to try and appease the masses. Maybe Fe-Se? I don't see much Si in him, but I don't see Ni either. Toward the end of S2 his father points out he's not being himself; could be an Se/Fe loop all things considered. I'd guess there's a 9 in there somewhere.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
@Acadia: agree with you about Midge. Season 2 really showed her as a 361.

Susie... I also agree with STP. I had thought introvert, but she could be an ESTP. I also think she's an Enneagram 8w9. Seems like her main motive of operation is rage. She's always up in someone's face / business telling them off, but not in a 6 anxious way, just like a "f**k you!!" response to the entire world. 846 maybe?

Dad is weird. I would have said INTP, but there's no real Ne except for his job is pretty vague / technical / abstract. And he seems more cliched Si-dom stereotype fussy + lists than anything else. He does get pissy under stress, but not in a Fe way. So I guess ISTJ works.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
@angelcat
I think 8w9 makes sense for Susie, 846 tritype sounds right. I could see ISTP now that you mention it - her Ni seems stronger than her Fe - I'm just not sure if she's more comfortable with Se or Ti, and Se seems more a little more natural imo at first glance. Plus she seems fairly comfortable navigating the social realm and other people - she just hates it.

And yeah lol her dad's... interesting. Kind of removed from reality in a way, but totally immersed in his perception of what reality should be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi! new here.
And new to the show too but love it.
I have notice you have Midge under the Thinker group, even though she is very intelligent, she is very passionate and spontaneous, besides she grab people's emotion very easly, she can mirror to the other as well so for me is a big Fe warning sign.
Also I believe her intelligence comes pretty much from her N.
Could she be ENFP?

On Sussy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Before the cultural fascination with this show is over (if it's not already)...

Midge: ESTJ

Susie: ISTP

Rose: ESFJ

Abe: ISTJ

I'm thinking ESFP for Joel, seems like he has a recurring desire to do something that's uniquely "his" (his comedy when he's married to Midge, starting up his own club, etc.) He can be pretty blunt with his dad's employees when he's working in the factory. His lofty, out-of-nowhere desire to "make it big" in comedy in season 1 seems to stem from a lower Te crisis. He does seem ESTP-ish in Midge's flashbacks, which could be unreliable narration on Midge's part - it's made clear she seems to see something in him that no else does.

Some guesses for secondary characters:

Imogene: ESFJ

Sophie Lennon: ESTJ? Clearly a high Si user and likely Te-dom

Benjamin: xSTJ? Seems to lean introverted when Midge meets him in the Catskills, but he’s surprisingly diplomatic with Rose in season 3, almost in an Fe-way

Lenny Bruce: ExTP, it’d be pretty easy to type him ENTP and he does give off an Ne/Si vibe but can’t say for sure.

Shy Baldwin's probably an ESFP and his manager Reggie is another ESTJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts