Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I broke the cardinal rule of this house of ISTPs: I answered the phone.

My dad left his phone upstairs, and I heard it ringing, so I ran upstairs to get it for him. Well, it was my knuckle-head uncle. He was twenty feet from the gas pump, and he had run out of gas. And nobody had a gas can.

Let's just say my dad is less than thrilled. He yelled, "Dumbasses!" as he pulled on his shoes. And as he walked out the door, he turned to me and snapped, "You had to answer the phone!" Then, he slammed the door behind him.

Yep, it's all my fault. :dry: Haha, but I can't say I blame him.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My ISTx dad and I used to unplug the phone if it rang more than five times a day. :tongue:

You couldn't have known it would be your uncle... but if he was twenty feet away, couldn't he have just pushed his car there himself? Maybe you should have left him there stranded.

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I have one friend, who has actually called me up for some gas twice! He is a good friend and I was glad to help him out, especially since he has done several nice things for me. This last time, he showed his appreciation by later bringing me back $10 and a 24 case of imported beer. I had only filled him up with $5 gas.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AEIOU: Hey, that's the kind of friend that I want to have!

@Capsicum: That's what I told my dad! Besides, my dad's phone screen is completely smashed, and he's too cheap to go get it replaced. So I couldn't tell who was calling anyway.

Also, my uncle is handicapped. He's been confined to a wheelchair for over twenty years. But I think that doesn't give him the excuse of being a complete dumbass, which he is, often.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
My ISTP dad usually unplugs the phone after one call or just unplugs it anyway!Very annoying if I actually need to talk to him when I'm out the house

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
phone? whats that? Oh that thing in the other room that i havent answered for like 10+ years. I should disconnect it and stop paying for it...

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I often get annoyed when the phone rings and I'm in the middle of thinking something:crying:
I feel compelled to run and answer it in case it turns out to be something exciting, but it almost never is.:crazy:

Reactions: madhatter

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@pc3000: I hate that too! Nobody will call me for days on end, then someone will decide to call just at that one moment. And for what...? Nothing. Usually it's just the American Red Cross asking for more of my blood...they're persistent bastards! I don't even answer them anymore; they call so much, I actually recognize their number.

@zynthaxx: Text messaging was a godsend. It's my main source of communication.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I had my work cellphone offline for a month before I noticed/bothered to charge it.

I do answer the personal phone, though. It's either my SO or my father who's calling.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only reason I keep my cell phone on is because we got rid of the landline.

·
Registered
743 Posts
@pc3000: I hate that too! Nobody will call me for days on end, then someone will decide to call just at that one moment. And for what...? Nothing. Usually it's just the American Red Cross asking for more of my blood...they're persistent bastards! I don't even answer them anymore; they call so much, I actually recognize their number.

@zynthaxx: Text messaging was a godsend. It's my main source of communication.
Oh I can't stand text messaging, it gives people the "I ran out of credit" excuse. :dry:

Yesterday I ordered a greasy hamburger, got it, gripped it with both hands, dropping lettuce and fried onion everywhere, went in for the kill, and heard my phone ring... my mother. :angry:

She wanted to "have a chat"... hooray for ExFJ love. :angry: x 2

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh I can't stand text messaging, it gives people the "I ran out of credit" excuse. :dry:
My favourite excuse to avoid phone talk! Don't take it away from me! :D
(Btw, god bless prepaids ... People around me can never believe how can I survive with just 10 euros of credit per month XD)

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"I ran out of credit"...? I've never heard this phrase in tandem with "text messaging".

·
Registered
743 Posts
"I ran out of credit"...? I've never heard this phrase in tandem with "text messaging".
No credit, no money in your phone account. Maybe they use a different term in the United States.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
In here you need to pay for the text messages well. If you have no credit, you can't text. In fact, making a short call (-"Is it ok to pop in today?" -"Sure, what time?" -"18.00?" -"Sorry, we'll be out, but come 19.00 instead" -"OK") costs a lot less than sending texts back and fort.

I recall hearing that a kid managed to, during Christmas holidays several years back, text enough to exceed his phone bill limit with nearly a thousand monies, because the phone company's records about texts were not instant. I think they fixed that pretty fast after the parents refused to pay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's fascinating how you people are just like me.

I've unplugged my phone, when I didn't want to be bothered and I use Prepaid, because I don't need it much anyways. I've also used the excuse of having no credit for not calling.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, I think what you call "credit", we call "minutes". You pay for a certain amount of talking minutes per month. Not an issue. I share a plan with my dad and brother. We rarely talk on the phone, so we never use up our minutes. And we have unlimited texting, so it's just rolled into the bill.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Oh, I think what you call "credit", we call "minutes". You pay for a certain amount of talking minutes per month. Not an issue. I share a plan with my dad and brother. We rarely talk on the phone, so we never use up our minutes. And we have unlimited texting, so it's just rolled into the bill.
I just looked up my minutes, currently I have 165 Anytime minutes and 2,357 Rollover minute available. Typically my Rollover minutes expire, from not using them.
Your post also reminded me to pay my cell phone bill. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts