Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something all my fellow ISTPs can appreciate:

Tonight, I wouldn't give my dad my laptop, because I was too busy reading the train wreck called "Social Problems?"

He says: I'm going upstairs.
Me: Can't you wait two minutes?
Dad: I don't want to wait.
Me: Fine. Go upstairs. See if I care.
Dad: *gets up and goes to the stairs* Don't you love that I give you your space?
Me: Yes. Don't you love how I give you your space?
Dad: It's my space. I take it. No one gives it to me.

:laughing: Priceless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now I have to go read that thread. What type is your dad?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haha that's funny. :)You all must have an interesting relationship.

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah i was gonna say "gee is your dad an ISTP too?" lol

one of my neighbors is ISTP and we have the best conversations. We walk up to each other, say what we are thinking about at the moment, and then turn around and walk off. the goodbye part doesn't really seem necessary..

tonight she sent me a chat message and it went like this

her: you gonna be around friday?
me: probably.
her: cleaning lady is coming to give a quote
me: send her over i want one too.
her: ok. night.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
^^ Sounds good. To the point with nothing unneeded.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha that's funny. :)You all must have an interesting relationship.
Yes, we do. I live with my dad, and we live like a "couple of bachelors" as my aunt says, and it's great.

We can say anything to each other, and know that the other will understand. Sometimes, we don't have to say anything at all, and we'll know what the other is thinking. We both have our own "caves" or "trash cans" (to spread the Oscar motif) in the house: he has the entire upstairs, I have the two bedrooms downstairs, and the living room is shared territory.

We harass each other constantly. Earlier today (or yesterday, now), I asked him, "When are you planning to do that one project, dad?"
My dad: Soon.
Me: Oh? You mean, never.
Dad: *guilty face*

Haha, got him there!

Reactions: alionsroar

·
Registered
547 Posts
have you seen that book "Shit My Dad says"?

This guy moved in with his 70 year old dad and just started tweeting shit he said..that's the funniest stuff I've ever read.

"If it's got tits or wheels you're gonna have trouble with it"

"I found some shit in your room...No, I found actual shit. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise what the fuck?"

i lost an hour on that feed!

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you seen that book "Shit My Dad says"?

This guy moved in with his 70 year old dad and just started tweeting shit he said..that's the funniest stuff I've ever read.

"If it's got tits or wheels you're gonna have trouble with it"

"I found some shit in your room...No, I found actual shit. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise what the fuck?"

i lost an hour on that feed!
Oh yes...I was torn between laughing myself silly and being slightly put off by it. Laughing myself silly won.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
tonight she sent me a chat message and it went like this

her: you gonna be around friday?
me: probably.
her: cleaning lady is coming to give a quote
me: send her over i want one too.
her: ok. night.
That's music to my ears. Why don't I know anyone like that? It would change my whole outlook on life.

The people I know would have talked to me for an hour, listing every single one of their qualms and reservations regarding the impending visit, and then laying a guilt trip on me because I didn't seem to care enough.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's music to my ears. Why don't I know anyone like that? It would change my whole outlook on life.

The people I know would have talked to me for an hour, listing every single one of their qualms and reservations regarding the impending visit, and then laying a guilt trip on me because I didn't seem to care enough.
Yes, you need to find an ISTP buddy...it's like breathing in fresh air after being a smoggy city.

An example of this: I went out of town for a week earlier this month. I called my mom, talked for an hour. :dry: Called my dad, talked for five minutes. :proud: Dad: Yeah, I don't feel like talking anymore. Me: Yeah, me neither. See ya.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
One of the few ways I can relate to a ISTP. I can have limited patience for small talk in instances.

I hope if I ever have kids, one of them is an ISTP. Yay for independence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts