Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Patting yourself on the back, hm? :laughing:

I have to agree though. ENFJs are easily the most charismatic. ESTPs & ESFPs can be pretty charismatic also.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I hate to brag but people tell me that I'm charismatic all the time, it pisses me off...a lot.

I would like to add that I think some ENFP's are also charismatic in their own way.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
pretty much any extrovert has the capacity to be charismatic, after all attention energizes them.

my friend is an esfp. i'd say esfp's are the most guilty of this. she just can't go two seconds without singing loudly in public.

also, when i'm having a discussion with somebody and she's next to us, she ALWAYS comments about how she feels ignored. jokingly of course, but i know she actually means it. but really, ignored simply because i am dicussing something with someone that doesn't concern her? she really has no idea how to play the role of spectator. she must always be in the spotlight and is extremely uncomfortable with being out of it.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
pretty much any extrovert has the capacity to be charismatic, after all attention energizes them.

my friend is an esfp. i'd say esfp's are the most guilty of this. she just can't go two seconds without singing loudly in public.

also, when i'm having a discussion with somebody and she's next to us, she ALWAYS comments about how she feels ignored. jokingly of course, but i know she actually means it.
It's not attention that we want...that has more to do with type

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've been called charismatic quite a few times, and I've been told that I'm a good public speaker and good at engaging people's interest. But being an introvert (though not a very strong one), it tends to tire me out, though I enjoy it. I just need to take a little bit of time to hibernate (sometimes just a few hours, sometimes a day or two) between my spells of extraversion.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's not attention that we want...that has more to do with type
well i know that attention drains me personally. so i figured it was the opposite for E people. I can be around people just fine (even large groups of people since i've been developing my extroversion) but the minute they all pay attention to me, i freak out.

I guess what I should've said is: after all, attention=people being around them and that energizes them

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
So how about this?

ENFJs are the most naturally charismatic while ENFPs have the potential to be the most charismatic? :)

The other extroverts and even introverts that work at it can also be charismatic but not as much so as the ENFJ and ENFP?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
ENFP (Bill Clinton)
ENTP (Obama)
"There is lots of disagreement about Bill Clinton's type among the experts, but here are the two main views. David Keirsey says that he's an ESFP."

So far as Obama, he is definitely an introvert. Watch his speech and behaviour patterns. I agree with ntp. I read an article on his personal life, and personal interests which were very stereotypically intp. He doesn't have the presence of an entp -at all-.

Anyway, I think that a variety of types can be charismatic. There are the most obvious EN types, but I have seen INTJs pull it off as good as any of them. I could see how most of you would say ENFJ, because of the Fe, but Fe can be learned, or just faked by those clever enough to realize that it makes people connect with them. Charismatic sociopaths are a great example of that.

·
Premium Member
💚INFP💜5/9-ish💛Sp
14,995 Posts
ENTJ. I think. I'm not going to name names, because I'd get embarrassed but ENTJ and INTJ are my picks. There are 4 or 5 people from this forum, I'm thinking of. *cough* 2 are gone. :blushed:

also, whatever type House, MD is. :laughing:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
well i know that attention drains me personally. so i figured it was the opposite for E people. I can be around people just fine (even large groups of people since i've been developing my extroversion) but the minute they all pay attention to me, i freak out.

I guess what I should've said is: after all, attention=people being around them and that energizes them
It's not attention per se though...I don't like attention...I like to be around people at certain times

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ENFJ males (just personal preference here), EPs...

Omnomnom.

INFJs too come to think of it. Almost always a little unnerving when being charismatic.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Bill Clinton? Really? I thought he was something else...You know who else is an ENFP? And I'm obligated to mention this...Regina Spektor!
Keirsey claims Clinton is an ESFP, but I don't see it, he seems too intellectual to be an ESP like Teddy Roosevelt or FDR. Clinton was an intellectual protege of the late American historian Caroll Quigley, who inspired Clinton's centrist political views and his foreign policy.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts