Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . for me in life comes in realizing that everything I learn needs to come through experience.

Usually this means failing the first couple of attempts.

Riding a bike? Sure.

Skiing? Sure.

Choices of college major? Uh huh.

Career choices? Yep.

Real estate? Oh yeah.

I have been there and done that on all of these and survived, admitting my inevitable failures and the cost of my initial over-confidence. In each case I've counted the loss as my lesson.

When it gets really difficult is when I realized that this need to experience things for real -- and essentially fail at them -- in order to learn how to do them extended to things like relationships, marriages, and raising children. That's because my choices in those areas necessarily affect other people. Many times, innocent people.

So that's my insight. Maybe it should go into a forum called "insights" that doesn't yet exist.

Just having difficult time today and wanted to share. But maybe you can relate. Or at least prepare yourselves mentally for when it happens to some of you.

Peace.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Don't be stubborn to try other methods of learning. Books, for example, on how to raise kids and not fail at relationships. You don't have to follow others' advice to a T, but if they have a solution to a particular problem you have, try it out. In the end, just do what you think is right.

You probably know all of this, though. You seem like a smart person. Whether it's something you've realized yourself, or advice that's been given to you before, just know that it must be pretty trusty.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
The most difficult thing for a Ne dominant seems to be one of the best indirect desriptions of Si I've read.

Reactions: SlowPoke68
1 - 3 of 3 Posts