Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Answer in one line, for me:

...That others think I'm truly more shallow then I really am, and reject any evidence to the contrary as me being inauthentic.

·
Registered
350 Posts
...That we care what others think about us...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Not he most horrifying part, but people here think I'm just some flighty clutzy fairy character that runs into things and doesn't look deeply into anything. Oh, my.. if they knew..

·
Banned
207 Posts
...is that there are always two sides of me, always contradicting each other - and always the optimistic one wins. Why can't I just be goddamn realistic, depressed, and rage my sh*t out for once and not care so much about everybody else, the world, nature, etc. and how they feel...:laughing: DAMNIT! :sad:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
That I'll give and give to a person who is trying to destroy me. That people would not understand who I am and how I think and become unnecessarily jealous.

I have to admit, I have had thoughts similar to every post here about ENFPs that I've met. Please prove me wrong.
What is exactly are you asking? Asking me to prove myself is offensive to me. Forgive me, if I'm misinterpreting what you are saying.

·
Registered
356 Posts
That the one thing Im most grateful to myself for (my inspiration of the indefinate possibilities) is the strongest thing that holds me back too

That I'll give and give to a person who is trying to destroy me.
I do that too, by not using our judgement (not something us ENFPs are particularly well known for)...Personal Growth bangs on about not leaving our feelings open indefinately and to cast judgement or decision, because it is the right thing for you to do, for yourself...Its something I know I need to learn, but it's like a drug.

I don't want to close off my thoughts to something..Apparently, its about recognising that this doesn't mean you loss the opportunity to learn/grow when you cast something/someone aside...In fact, you are learning more by making the judgement....It makes sense, but I don't feel it yet.

Pie x

·
Registered
109 Posts
That some people really think I'm not mature at all
Or can't accept that
just because I'm squeaky and joyful some of the time doesn't mean I'm like that all the time.

Hearing
"you'll be fine, you're you"
when I have a real problem
Makes me want to cry.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That I'll give and give to a person who is trying to destroy me. That people would not understand who I am and how I think and become unnecessarily jealous.

What is exactly are you asking? Asking me to prove myself is offensive to me. Forgive me, if I'm misinterpreting what you are saying.
It was the result of a miscommunication on my part. Forgive me if I offended; that was certainly not the intent. Kindly disregard the comment.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
It was the result of a miscommunication on my part. Forgive me if I offended; that was certainly not the intent. Kindly disregard the comment.
Lol. I can't disregard comments. I need to understand you. I hope I didn't scare you off.

Let me just elaborate on something I mentioned earlier. I think what's hard for me , is when people misinterpret my intentions. They might project onto me their bad intentions and start insulting me before they figure me out. I've never been known to purposely go out and destroy someone. However, I have been known to teach and use a strong hand to guide when necessary. Also, if someone has hurt me big time, they may feel my wrath. But they have to hurt me pretty badly. And as I've gotten older, I've learned to hold those accountable for doing damage in my life, instead of always rushing off into "forgiveness land" like I naturally want to do.

Anyway, as far as I know, ENFPs really want to do good. We want to do the "right thing". We feel awful when we harbor malice. And we remove ourselves from negative influences. I think because of that, if someone misjudges us, it's particularly hurtful. Because we scrutinize ourselves and constantly self reflect. Probably at any moment we can tell you our flaws and where we've fallen short in our lives and in relationships. We know this very deeply. We know our failures. This might have something to do with Ne-we see ourselves objectively and how we fit into the world. But sometimes, it's too objective and we can be too hard on ourselves. Not many outsiders know this. It's very deep and personal and only shared with a very trusted few. I mean, how good would we be as inspirers if we are constantly berating ourselves?

We can be very realistic when it comes to the role we've played in any situation. Then we can use our Fi to judge it. I think it makes us very responsible as people. This is why when someone else judges our character, it can almost feel unnecessary. We know what we've done, if we've done it. It helps if that person can also understand all the other sides of us. We have so many layers. And it means so much to us to do good in this world. When we do something we feel is wrong or against our own value, it really makes us feel worse than any other person.

Living my life as an ENFP feels like I'm constantly gutting out, or chiseling away any of the negative stuff that masks my core. The core that wants to radiate pure love and unite with humanity. And with the ability to expose my core, I have to also learn boundaries so my light can be focused and unhampered. I know that may sound weird and I think it looks incredibly cheesy in text now that I wrote it.

I'm going to add one very unhorrifying thing as an ENFP. I notice, we can be very good at inspiring ourselves. We never stay in the gutter for too long. Even if a person has helped us out of it, we tend to know if rough times who to migrate to for support. I think it's absolutely lovely how we can inspire even ourselves.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm going to add one very unhorrifying thing as an ENFP. I notice, we can be very good at inspiring ourselves. We never stay in the gutter for too long. Even if a person has helped us out of it, we tend to know if rough times who to migrate to for support. I think it's absolutely lovely how we can inspire even ourselves.

That's so true...and I am so grateful for that wonderful ENFP trait. The thing I find really hard is truly a blessing and a curse:
Not being able to tolerate being around negative people / situations / general bad vibes, etc because too much exposure literally makes me very sick

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That whole 'Scary Psychotic Chicks think I'm hot for them' thing.
LOL Yes. Geez, I took down my Plentyoffish profile for that reason. I tried, I think successfully, to put my ENFPness on the description page so i could be honest with people and attracted the psycho-chicks from the 5th dimension.

"I"VE READ YOUR PROFILE LETS MEET TONIGHT AND RUN AWAY TOGETHER. NOT A JOKE I HAVE A CAR."

"Heyheyheyheyheyhey. I love you forever"

"Where exactly in Maple Ridge do you live?"

911 is on speedial.

·
Registered
19 Posts
...Is that we ultimately need other people to be contentedly assured and happy..

1 - 20 of 92 Posts